Over the past few years we’ve heard a growing chorus of listeners asking about our plans for bringing Pandora into the car. Many of you are likely plugging your smartphones into an aux jack to get Pandora through your car speakers already, but we know that the long term solution is something more seamlessly integrated with the vehicle.

To that end, for several years now we’ve had an extensive engineering and business effort underway to bring Pandora into vehicle dashboards – and it’s now starting to bear fruit, with Pandora-enabled cars and trucks actually hitting the showrooms.

We’re currently partnered with 11 of the world’s most well-known automotive brands and many aftermarket manufacturers and have had a steady stream of vehicle launches over the last few months. We thought it would be useful to pull together a list of the car companies and car audio manufacturers whose products support Pandora…just in case you’re in the market for a new ride or you’re retrofitting your sound system.

• BMW
  • Toyota
  • Alpine Electronics
  • JVC
  • Kenwood
  • Pioneer
  • Sony

These auto integrations rely on the Pandora application that you have running on your smartphone today. When you hook up your phone with your car and launch Pandora, the popular controls of the Pandora service – like station selection and thumbs feedback – shift into the vehicle dashboard so you don’t have to fiddle with your phone to enjoy and interact with Pandora while driving. That way, as our auto partners have been known to say, you can “keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road” while enjoying your Pandora stations.

We’ll do our best to keep listeners informed of the latest automotive launches. Our ambition is to have Pandora built into every model of every car – making personalized radio just as ubiquitous and easy to use as traditional broadcast radio. There’s much more to come.

I do hope you have the opportunity to enjoy personalized radio in the car. It’s a simple, yet transformational experience!

Comments

1. Joseph C. Bernier
    September 29, 2011 at 2:19pm
    REALLY NICE NEW USER INTERFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Solomon
    September 29, 2011 at 4:02pm
    There is a bug on the new site, it goes into indefinite loop when ad comes up. It is very annoying to say the list.
  3. disgruntled fan
    September 29, 2011 at 5:08pm
    what the hell, this new pandora looks ok, but no sound! pretty useless if you ask me.
  4. Dan
    September 30, 2011 at 6:11am
    I minimize Pandora to a small window so I can work efficiently, give songs a thumbs up or down and quickly glance at song names or band names. The new look makes the window needed quite large shrinking my work window. Can you do something about it? If not, I guess my efficiency will just have to suffer.
  5. Richard Sullivan
    September 30, 2011 at 7:50am
    Like the looks of the new web page, but IT WILL NOT LET ME PLAY MY MUSIC. Have been with you from the start but now new system will not allow me to play my stations. Need help, please. Thank you for your time on this matter.
  6. keisha
    September 30, 2011 at 8:38am
    I think Pandora is doing great things with music....today is actually my first day getting into pandoras box and I am sooo amzed with the selections it came up with after my search...I am sitting at this going nowhere internship and pandoras is the only thing keeping me from walking out today! Thanks you so much and please keep up the good work!!!!
  7. Tony Balasa
    September 30, 2011 at 10:27am
    9/30/2011 Hi all: Pandora for the car sounds great. When I pluged a Blackberry into the MP3 port of a 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid it plays with the cars volume until the song changes and a very loud bang (as loud as a train wreck) is made from the artifact between songs. Pandora will be on my next car. The new Pandora One Web site is cool except for the skip artifact on all of the songs that sounds like a real quick start and stop of less than a second. It is anoying Im guessing that it has somthing to do with copyrights or royalty tracking. Happy listening Tony
  8. Teasha Modha
    September 30, 2011 at 10:30am
    I have used Pandora's iPhone app in my car for a while now, but playing through FM radio obviously doesn't deliver the best quality... I think this would be a great addition to any vehicle. If this feature is available by the time I am in the market for a new vehicle, it will definitely affect my purchasing decision.
  9. Krad
    September 30, 2011 at 7:40pm
    How about getting Pandora on Windows Phone 7 Mango? Main reason why I won't by a subscription because I can't get it on my phone. :-(
  10. Don Garcia
    September 30, 2011 at 10:32pm
    For the last week or so Pandora on the Cell phone has not been playing complete songs. I contacted help from this web site and got no response. Today I got tired of it and uninstalled if from my phone. Too bad, it was good while it lasted....