I have lost count of the number of times a Pandora listener has told me that they learned about our service from their hair dresser, dentist, barista or bartender. I’ve also been saving a long list of emails from business owners, large and small, who have written to us in growing numbers since we launched Pandora asking when we might offer Pandora for use in a commercial setting. I’m really excited to be able to tell these folks that we now have an offering just for them. We have recently established a partnership with a company called DMX. They’re an innovator in the commercial music space and have integrated Pandora into a product that is designed for use in business establishments. It is a very affordable solution that enables all types of businesses from car dealerships to medical offices to salons and coffee shops to play Pandora.

With this service, businesses can effortlessly personalize their in-store music program to match their environment and brand, and create the perfect in-store and in-office sound for you, their customers.

The next time you’re settling into the dentist chair or – much better – sidling up to a bar, ask them if they’re playing Pandora. If they’re not, you can tell them to check it out here: www.dmx.com/pandora

Comments

1. Ivey Rice
    November 15, 2011 at 10:47am
    Dear Tim: I am looking for a song by Player---Baby Come Back, I would like this song on Pandora, in with Hall and Oates, Ambrosia, Earth Wind and Fire Genre? Do you have it in here? I cannot find Player at all...please see if you can get (Ridge- actor from soap Bold and Beautiful)to approve it? His band is Player and he wrote..it..IR
  2. dave
    November 16, 2011 at 12:38pm
    I am scheduled to renew my membership this december but with all the glitches, shut downs, inability to "remember" My Shuffle, I am not going to renew. I have written about these issues and there has been no reply to my questions or others about the problems with the new Pandora. I tried.
  3. Charlie
    November 16, 2011 at 2:22pm
    If there is a list of the 7 wonders of the modern world, Pandora should definitely be on it; I think you guy are just the best; love the service
  4. Scentsy
    November 19, 2011 at 11:25am
    I am also a user of Pandora on my smart phone. I upload Pandora on my phone and plug in my Bose laptop speakers and use it as my home stereo. I occassionally use Pandora in my car. Getting ready to create a new Holiday station. :)
  5. J Rob
    November 20, 2011 at 9:24pm
    I'd pay $36 a year for fewer ads. I'd also like to set preferences for an occasional ad. I hate cars, I'd like to hear ads from bicycle shops nearby. I'd bookmark those sales. And for $36 I'd pay to get bookmarks back. I often mark them and buy them later. If I like a song I vote "like". If I love a song I used to also bookmark it. Please listen to your customers. Google is full of people wondering why you removed bookmarks. OMG, the new version sucks until this comes back. With no bookmarks I'm forced to keep a google doc open and write down the name of the song and artist.
  6. Teasha
    November 21, 2011 at 2:09pm
    I've learned about some of my favorite Pandora radio stations by hearing them at the salon where I get my nails done. Definitely a good way to spark up conversation with clients!
  7. homer
    November 22, 2011 at 7:51am
    WHO plays birdman on a black keys station? I have had to hit the dislike button so many times on this station that it won't let me skip. You guys really need to work on what music goes with what genre...this is awful. If it does it again I am switching to the "I heart radio" app. Get it together Pandora!
  8. SkipHop
    November 23, 2011 at 1:42am
    Great! - Pandora All The Way! Gideon
  9. Ruben
    November 23, 2011 at 7:00am
    Pandora for Droid Incredible is NOT working and either FIX it or I want a refund. I'm only getting half songs and all this started with a Pandora update. FIX IT NOW!!!
  10. Angie
    November 23, 2011 at 9:41am
    Tim you really need to come to parma there are some really great local acts here