Today is a big day for Pandora: after more than a year of planning, design, engineering, and beta testing we’re launching an entirely new Pandora website.

In late 2010 we started with a clean sheet of paper, challenging ourselves to create a new internet radio experience that was fast, social, and easy while still being familiar to the tens of millions of people that listen to Pandora each month.

The result is “New Pandora” — the same personalized radio experience you’ve enjoyed for years, wrapped in a new HTML5 look that makes it more responsive, easier to use, and better integrated with the friends and music lovers in your life. We also think it looks more beautiful than ever, but we’re biased.

For the last two months we’ve been gradually rolling a preview of the new site out to our listeners, taking their feedback, fixing bugs and making improvements here and there. With all those little fixes and refinements in place, today we’re rolling out the new site for everyone.

Some of our new features include:

Simplified Station Creation – Enhanced auto-complete choices and personalized suggestions make creating new stations and discovering new music or comedy more intuitive and personal.

Discovery of Music with Friends – Enhanced listener profiles and a new music feed offer a centralized place to find, like and comment on what friends and like-minded listeners are discovering and enjoying on Pandora. The music feed will roll out slowly over the course of the coming days. In addition to the prominent new “share” button, stations now have their own URLs, making it super easy for listeners to share favorite stations via Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Improved Control – Prominent and ubiquitous access to familiar player control buttons including Play, Pause, Thumbs-Up and Thumbs-Down icons helps listeners to easily personalize their music and comedy stations. A new shuffle feature also allows listeners to shuffle any collection of stations to add variety to their listening experience.

Enhanced Artist Information – An option to learn more about the music, find lyrics, read artists’ biographies and expand the album art size.

Unlimited listening – We’ve removed the 40 hours listening cap – you can now listen as much as you want for free.
The new social feed will roll out over the next few days to everyone and we want to remind you that you control of how others see your Pandora profile page and listening activity. Here’s a link to view and to edit your privacy settings. http://www.pandora.com/#/account/privacy

We’d love to hear what you think of our latest project. To let us know what you think, to get help, or to find answers please visit http://help.pandora.com.

Comments

1. Ann
    October 02, 2011 at 1:22am
    Hi guys, i'm new on Pandora but I really start to like you and I would like to ask one question. Have you ever played Irish rock&folk music like for example Shannon (http://sprzedajemy.pl/zestaw-rock-i-folk-irlandzki-5-x-cd-sprzedam,175577)? that's reallllly great piece of music
  2. Casus
    October 02, 2011 at 3:15am
    BRING BACK BOOKMARKING? Or is Pandora that detached from its user base?!?!
  3. vanessa
    October 02, 2011 at 8:56am
    I absolutely love the new Pandora...EXCEPT 1 thing.......... I hate having to login every time I open the page ..UGH!!
  4. Richard Sullivan
    October 02, 2011 at 9:44am
    Beem member for the last 5 years. Your new system will not allow me to play my music. Sign in OK but nothing else works, site just sits with no music. Need Help
  5. Diane
    October 02, 2011 at 11:45am
    It would be great if we could save multiple shuffle lists, but at least save the last one I used. Also, in shuffle (which I use almost exclusively), you can't easily find the origin station of the song playing. It is impossible after the song has played. "Shuffle" is not a station. I can't give a thumbs-up or down if I don't know the origin station.
  6. ana
    October 02, 2011 at 12:15pm
    I HATE the new pandora. Although the layout is very cool, it constantly skips, the it pauses mid-song as if it were "stuck". I never had that problem before with the old pandora. Please have the option to be able to go to the old site. HATE THIS NEW ONE.
  7. Lo
    October 02, 2011 at 2:30pm
    How can I stop that dating ad from coming up? Having children who use this site, it's offensive. Our kids don't need anymore temptations than they already have. I know you people at Pandora MUST BE parents. If ads are necessary to pay the bills, then please show the same consideration to our kids as you would your own when choosing what to advertise. Thank you.
  8. Brandon
    October 02, 2011 at 3:18pm
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it! grrr...
  9. Jet
    October 02, 2011 at 6:38pm
    Looks great, but SKIPS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! Can't even use it anymore...time to find something else. Too bad...I really liked it before.
  10. robbie
    October 02, 2011 at 8:52pm
    Bookmarks, bookmarks, bookmarks. Oh, and did I mention bookmarks? ESSENTIAL feature, please bring it back quickly. Like is not a comperable alternative, as I (and apparently the majority of other users) regularly "bookmark" music for future research and/or purchase that we do NOT want to influence our channel mix by Likeing. Who's with me here?