We’ve been hard at work on the new version of Pandora.com since my last update here — processing your feedback, fixing bugs and generally improving the entire experience.

We’d all like to give a big “thank you” to those of you who have experimented with the new site and taken time to share your thoughts with us. We’re dedicated to making the new site faster, easier, and more social than any version of Pandora that has come before and your feedback is helping to us turn that vision into reality.

Right now, every Pandora One subscriber has the option to use the redesigned web version of Pandora. All you need to do is visit us at http://www.pandora.com, login to your Pandora One account, and look for the invitation to use the new site across the top of the page. Don’t forget to send us your feedback to support@pandora.com. We’d love to hear what you think.

We’ll start rolling out the new site to our ad-supported listeners during the next few weeks. While we’re delighted with the look of the new site, we are even more excited about the new opportunities for listener interaction, music discovery, and easier navigation. As millions more listeners are poised to try out the new Pandora.com soon, we’re looking forward to hearing what you have to say and incorporating your feedback as well.

Thanks for listening,

Tom Conrad
CTO and EVP of Product

Comments

1. David
    August 16, 2011 at 12:38pm
    I've been a Pandora user for over 5 years and have seen the site go through several major changes. The latest update is missing a few things, but the removal of flash and the improved start-up speed is great. Like others have commented (in the previous post), I think you should have left in the ability to bookmark songs. A major issue: there is currently no way to search for an artist/song without creating a new station. Sometimes I just want to read an artist's bio. A minor issue: the ability to re-size the album art is not intuitive at all. It took me a very long time to figure it out. I don't think I'm the only one that had trouble with that (see Eli Reznekervitz comment above). I think there should be even more integration with Facebook (with the option to turn it off). For example, I think it would be nice if when I created a station it posted to my wall. Maybe even for every time I thumb up a song, etc. I also believe that the commenting on the songs should show up on the main page, at the bottom under "Similar Artists". That way more people would use the commenting feature. The commenting should be tied into Facebook as well, if I post a comment here it should post to Facebook.
  2. Johnny
    August 16, 2011 at 1:46pm
    I see a notification bar for the new version with a "try it now" button but it does nothing (other than refresh the page with the old Pandora)
  3. Ryan, Listener Advocate @ Pandora
    August 16, 2011 at 5:25pm
    Thanks for the thoughtful feedback everyone! Keep it coming. Ir you are experiencing technical difficulties with the new site, please send us an email at pandora-support@pandora.com so we can provide you with specific assistance. @Eli -- Please note that you don't need to add text to your posts to Facebook and/or Twitter, that's optional. Also, to resize the album artwork, just click and on the two little lines that appear below the artwork, and drag them down. @mrlucks328 -- You can search for artists or songs using the New Pandora without creating a station. After typing the name of an artist into the "new station" field, but before you select an artist, click on the words "Search for [Entered Text]" that appear at the bottom of the window that appears.
  4. Helen
    August 17, 2011 at 6:47am
    I truly enjoy listening to Oldies, Country & todays top chart sounds, all while still able to answer calls, post & configure assignments... Pandora is great for taking on walks ! Thanks for Great App !! Helen
  5. Chris Russell
    August 17, 2011 at 12:45pm
    > Like others have commented (in the previous post), I think you should have left in the ability to bookmark songs. I am here precisely to complain about the lack of this feature in the new UI. I use Pandora One to find new artists. What's the point if I can't bookmark the artists, albums and tracks I discover? Without this feature I cannot justify the expense of a Pandora One subscription. Please consider restoring this valuable feature that's central to my Pandora experience. Thanks, Chris
  6. newton
    August 17, 2011 at 12:46pm
    i listen to pandoraq but but my music from Amazon...thanks pandora...pandora sucks and will not renew...Rhapsody and itunes is sooooooooo much better
  7. Tom
    August 17, 2011 at 1:44pm
    I really like the looks of the new Pandora One. It's easier to navigate around and it just looks better. Keep up the good work. When are you guys gonna get a Pandora app for the Windows 7 phones. I've got a Samsung Focus and I want to put Pandora on it. Let me know when it'll be ready. Thanx.
  8. Duncan Smith
    August 17, 2011 at 8:54pm
    Hi! I love Pandora, but I'm not what you might call a 'power user', but I have noticed a fun new feature that I can't stand. Ads on the side of the screen will now play every now and again, which is fine, but they play audio ON TOP of my music. I swear, it's like you looked up my pet peeve (Music playing on top of music) and implemented it. Just a heads up. I'll have to start running no script or some kind of ad blocker on your site if this keeps up, and I don't want to do that! I want to support you guys! Keep it up! -Duncan
  9. Jeevse
    August 18, 2011 at 8:59am
    Like most everyone, I feel that the new UI is a fantastic change over the old. Overall I think it's a positive change, however there are elements lacking and bugs largely I suspect related to browser differences and the move away from Flash. For example: 1) I'd like to be able to modify other playlists while I'm listening to one. Granting me options as I hover over a playlist would be a welcomed option. 2) Mini-mode or something that doesn't require my browser window to be full screen is missing. 3) Several UI presses seem to result in empty/no results for me. e.g. Login to Facebook, Search for users. This may vary browser to browser since you've made the change away from Flash (something I'm sure many of us *greatly* appreciate) 4) Quite similar to #3, Some UI fields seem to be disassociated. My profile page lists a follower count, with no followers shown on click, same goes for clicking "Following". 5) Skins don't seem to refresh in a timely fashion, often requiring a close/reopen of the tab. Otherwise, Great changes!
  10. Jerry Babione
    August 18, 2011 at 11:39am
    I love the online version I'm using of Pandora.