We’ve been hard at work on the new version of Pandora.com since my last update here — processing your feedback, fixing bugs and generally improving the entire experience.

We’d all like to give a big “thank you” to those of you who have experimented with the new site and taken time to share your thoughts with us. We’re dedicated to making the new site faster, easier, and more social than any version of Pandora that has come before and your feedback is helping to us turn that vision into reality.

Right now, every Pandora One subscriber has the option to use the redesigned web version of Pandora. All you need to do is visit us at http://www.pandora.com, login to your Pandora One account, and look for the invitation to use the new site across the top of the page. Don’t forget to send us your feedback to support@pandora.com. We’d love to hear what you think.

We’ll start rolling out the new site to our ad-supported listeners during the next few weeks. While we’re delighted with the look of the new site, we are even more excited about the new opportunities for listener interaction, music discovery, and easier navigation. As millions more listeners are poised to try out the new Pandora.com soon, we’re looking forward to hearing what you have to say and incorporating your feedback as well.

Thanks for listening,

Tom Conrad
CTO and EVP of Product

Comments

1. greg
    September 13, 2011 at 11:44pm
    Without "bookmarking" this "improved" version is a big "thumbs down" ! I'm back to the original until they fix this. If they don't fix it, and then phase out the "old" site, then I'm outa here for good! (And I'm a long-term paying customer.) There are many other choices out there. I really thought Pandora got it right, but they lost it again when they elminated bookmarks. Judging from the MANY other users who feel the same way, I have to ask: "Did your guys actually ASK your users how they'd feel about this?"
  2. Kyrinn
    September 14, 2011 at 5:44am
    You've lost a two year subscriber. --I've better uses for the money.
  3. Dawn
    September 14, 2011 at 8:38am
    The sleek new look is awesome. I do wish you still had bookmarks. I switched back to the old version so I could bookmark songs so I can later buy them. But now I can't switch back to the new version. Can we switch back and forth for now?
  4. Beth
    September 14, 2011 at 10:32am
    The new version of the site is TERRIBLE. It constantly stops playing for no reason at all. I had paused on a song I particularly like that almost never plays, and it wouldn't unpause at all. I switched back to the old site then, but then it just picks back up at a completely different song. Frequently it just stops working between songs and has to be reloaded. I'm not switching over. I can't believe you released something so horribly buggy. It makes me not want to renew my subscription to One next year.
  5. Lark
    September 14, 2011 at 11:37am
    Slam dunkin like Shaquille O'Neal, if he wrote inofrmaitve articles.
  6. susie
    September 14, 2011 at 11:41am
    I just hope the OLD version of Pandora will always be accessible.. as the New version. does not compute.. with my way of listening.. via.. Quick mix!!
  7. Irsham
    September 14, 2011 at 2:10pm
    I recently switched to the new website, but then one day it randomly switched back to the old one. Now, I can't find a way to go back to the new version... Please Fix this!
  8. steve bond
    September 14, 2011 at 11:51pm
    My dad was the original 747 pilot for Pan Am at JFK. Boeing built the plane for Pan Am. I love hearing those songs...takes me back to my childhood in a very good glamorous way.
  9. Bryan
    September 15, 2011 at 3:42am
    At this moment, I can't run the website at work. I run Internet Explorer version 7. (and no, I can't upgrade the browser or change it, has to do with security and the Government unwillingness to change) It worked fine with the old site, now it won't get past the loading splash page. Is there a way to go directly to the old site instead of the new one being a default? Regards~
  10. Jim
    September 15, 2011 at 5:36am
    Hi After a period of absence I discovered the new Pandora interface today. My initial impressions were that it looks slick and a welcomed step forward. However, I enjoy my music by streaming the music from my computer to my lounge room's HiFi via Apple's Airport. I am truely disappointed that this doesn't work in the new medium and have had to go back to the old format. If the old web site is removed (or the new medium isn't fixed) I'll have to cancel my subscription. A lose-lose situation!!