We’ve been hard at work on the new version of Pandora.com since my last update here — processing your feedback, fixing bugs and generally improving the entire experience.

We’d all like to give a big “thank you” to those of you who have experimented with the new site and taken time to share your thoughts with us. We’re dedicated to making the new site faster, easier, and more social than any version of Pandora that has come before and your feedback is helping to us turn that vision into reality.

Right now, every Pandora One subscriber has the option to use the redesigned web version of Pandora. All you need to do is visit us at http://www.pandora.com, login to your Pandora One account, and look for the invitation to use the new site across the top of the page. Don’t forget to send us your feedback to support@pandora.com. We’d love to hear what you think.

We’ll start rolling out the new site to our ad-supported listeners during the next few weeks. While we’re delighted with the look of the new site, we are even more excited about the new opportunities for listener interaction, music discovery, and easier navigation. As millions more listeners are poised to try out the new Pandora.com soon, we’re looking forward to hearing what you have to say and incorporating your feedback as well.

Thanks for listening,

Tom Conrad
CTO and EVP of Product

Comments

1. Eli Reznekervitz
    August 15, 2011 at 12:58pm
    I like the way you can browse the history of songs and share them on social networking sites. I don't like how you have to input text about the song. I also don't like how the song is displayed from the new site to Facebook. It fails to put an   space between to fields. For that reason I switched to the old version. Also, I think you should be able to resize the album artwork field so that you can view the album art larger. I like how you can press spacebar to pause at anytime because sometimes it didn't work when it was in flash player. Long time subscriber, Eli Reznekervitz
  2. Brad Steffen
    August 15, 2011 at 2:27pm
    While the new UI is glossier and I like the large transport buttons / sharing features, I am concerned that the new version is not fully baked. As examples: Where is mini-mode? I live in mini-mode using QuickMix to select music from multiple stations! Please do NOT take away mini-mode unless the complete feature set (Play history, Easy QuickMix access, and Move track to other station) is reflected in the Desktop app. Please also fix the Station Selection for the Shuffle tool (used to be QuickMix). The current dialog resets to the top of the list with every click. Very painful when one has significantly more stations than will fit on a single screen. BTW: It would be useful to save a personal list of Shuffle profiles rather than having a list of genre-based preset Shuffles that I will never use. Pandora is all about tuning music to the individual's ears. This feature would go a long way to continuing that tradition. Until the two items above are addressed in the new site _please_ do not take away my ability to use the old site. Subscriber since the inception of the pay service, - Brad
  3. Raymond Brigleb
    August 15, 2011 at 6:36pm
    I appreciate that you've FINALLY done away with Flash - thank heavens. It's about time. And it looks much better. But as a paying subscriber, I don't like the ads in the bottom left. You'll argue that they're not ads, and I'll argue that they are, but regardless, they don't belong there. I pay for my account, please let me hide them. Good work, folks. Definitely moving in the right direction!
  4. Eric G.
    August 15, 2011 at 7:11pm
    You're the man Tom! The new Pandora is sick.
  5. Joe
    August 15, 2011 at 8:01pm
    Not direct feedback as such just a future direction question; any plans to enable Pandora to play through airplay on an airport express? That would be REALLY handy!!!
  6. mrlucks328
    August 15, 2011 at 8:58pm
    U should make also a seach where u could find Individual songs please deliver and u will be sure to find a increase of clientele
  7. Dennis Hockaday
    August 16, 2011 at 2:40am
    I like the old version better. The new version stops playing on both my Apple and windows machine. When I am in the middle of morning Yoga it is an inconvenience. I will continue to use the old version. I have never had that problem. The new version does like pandora does when you don't have a paid account. Dennis
  8. Jonathan Moore
    August 16, 2011 at 7:13am
    I was hoping the new site would have the ability to create different mixes, but no. In fact, the UI for mixes is MUCH worse than the old site. I tried for several minutes to uncheck boxes in my list of stations and then gave up because everytime I uncheck a box, the screen goes automatically up to the top of the list. Then I have to scroll down to the place I was to uncheck the next box. And so on... What a pain! You should fix this ASAP.
  9. jessica
    August 16, 2011 at 9:46am
    While I usually love pandora, i think it is INAPPROPRIATE to play advertisements VODKA when I choose the Justin Beiber station to play for the children 13 and under! It is socially irresponsible and reprehensible to advertise cigarettes and alcohol to children!
  10. derekj
    August 16, 2011 at 10:23am
    pandora now requires that I allow flash storage on my computer? just before you release an HTML 5 version? BIG FAIL. DJ