Hey, it’s Tim from Pandora –

I’m writing to wish you a very Happy New Year from all of us here at Pandora! And what a year it was…

First, a heartfelt thanks to all of you for continuing to be such engaged listeners and such wonderful evangelists. In 2010 we doubled our audience to over 75 million people! And that was mostly thanks to continued word of mouth. For that we are deeply appreciative.

As always, interacting with listeners continues to be our greatest joy, and greatest source of feedback. You now send us over 25,000 emails every month. What an incredible fountain of information, constructive feedback, and validation that continues to be… and those thumbs! In 2010 alone, you thumbed over 3 billion songs (mostly thumbs-up… phew!).

Getting your stations right continues to be our obsession – and a work in progress. It’s a (wonderfully) hard problem and something we continue to work on every day. Your feedback is invaluable to that effort.

I hope you’ve checked out one of the many new connected devices that now support Pandora. We’re trying our best to make Pandora available everywhere you might want to use it. And that includes cars. 2011 will bring more options than ever to listen to Pandora on the road, beyond just plugging your smartphone into an auxiliary jack. Ford, GM, Mercedes-Benz, Mini and Toyota have all announced Pandora integration into their dashboards. There’s no way to describe what it’s like to have personalized radio in the car. You just have to try it.

Last, but not least, a shout-out to all the great new music from working artists everywhere. Keep your submissions coming. We’re furiously adding music so listeners can keep discovering. The Music Genome Project surpassed 850,000 songs and is now rapidly becoming a more international collection.

So much more to say… but we’ve got the whole year ahead of us to talk :).
Please stay in touch, keep listening and I look forward to the music we’re all going to enjoy in 2011.

As always, your feedback is most welcome.

Tim
Founder

Comments

1. Contempo
    March 06, 2011 at 11:13am
    I really do love pandora, I have been a fan for the past 3 years but I wanted to know if there is any solution in regards to ATT bandwidth limitations, I have the 5g plan, and wonder how many songs per month can I stream without data overages. Pandora is really the only app I use on my Iphone....LOL
  2. Clarence
    March 06, 2011 at 11:18am
    Hi, I really love your Pandora system. It is really easy and simply to you. Thanks and Happy New Year.
  3. Josh
    March 07, 2011 at 6:41pm
    Hello, this is the best thing that has came to my knowledge since limewire but its illegal so this is #1. I'm not complaining about anything. If there was one request it would be that you allowed us to listen to a book marked song off of our profile by just clicking play. other than that this is great, keep up the good work :)
  4. Jamie
    March 08, 2011 at 4:11pm
    Thank you for the Pandora system. I am a volunteer ESL tutor for an adult class. Today we celebrated Mardi Gras with food, games and vocabulary about Mardi Gras. We listened to Mardi Gras and Cajun music on Pandora on my laptop. I plan on playing Pandora for our future holiday classes. Thank you.
  5. Houston Family Photographer
    March 08, 2011 at 7:50pm
    Well I'm a bit late but happy New Year to you as well.
  6. Ecard guy
    March 10, 2011 at 3:10pm
    Great service but as Matt Foley would say: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CAN WE MAKE THE BROWSER TEXT LARGER! Sorry for the yelling. Seriously though, browser zoom cannot be used because of the way your flash app is designed. Try to zoom in any browser and the actual text of the music will not change size. It's possible to make your flash "zoomable" in the browser, but it may be easier to just bump up the size of the music title font from the current 6 point setting. Love Pandora - this is meant as a constructive comment.
  7. Antario
    March 10, 2011 at 6:29pm
    Will there ever be a way to view the genomic makeup of stations? Some sort of visualization of your station's characteristics would be hella cool for those out here who geek out about your algorithms.
  8. bazel
    March 11, 2011 at 12:19pm
    love the songs on "incredible string band station", HATE that only part of many pieces are played very frustrating to not hear the entire piece
  9. Gilbert Robinson
    March 11, 2011 at 8:46pm
    Tim....I just discovered Pandaora and put it on my iphone and ipad tonight. I am blown away. This is all about ideas....an idea...Congratulations !!! I have some questions: 1. How did you get started and when ? 2. What was your original idea? 3. How has that changed from what you originally "saw" as the concept? 4. Where did your original money come from? 5. How are you funded now? Not prying but are their published figures on the budget for Pandora? 6. What is your goal for the future.? All the very best...Ambassador G.A. Robinson
  10. Charles
    March 12, 2011 at 9:28am
    My wife and I use to use Pandora on iPhone, but we moved to WP7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring in WP7 to your collection of supported devices.