We are very excited to announce today that Pandora has reached 200 million registered listeners!

When we launched http://www.pandora.com in 2005, we hoped to create a new way to discover and enjoy music that was completely personalized for each and every listener.  We envisioned a time when artists of all kinds would thrive on radio, connecting with fans who loved exactly their kind of music.

I have to admit, we had no idea what was in store! It has been, and continues to be, an extraordinary experience for all of us.

A hallmark of these years has been the steady stream of amazing stories from our listeners, whether they got engaged while listening to Pandora, mourned the passing of a loved one, or celebrated a special life milestone.

Have a Pandora story to share with us on this special occasion? We’d love to hear it.

PD_20mil_Milestone_Infographics_FINAL v4

Comments

1. Delmy
    April 20, 2013 at 11:43am
    I love pandora my days are more easy exelent music for me pandora is the bess thank you :)
  2. p g
    April 20, 2013 at 2:52pm
    thanks to the new 40 hour free limit imposed on listeners ihave discovered new alternatives to pandora. I dont understand how listening to pandora at home over my wifi is considered mobile listening.
    1. Bernie Mac
      April 24, 2013 at 3:47am
      Love the time limit I almost never use it any more and usually turn it off before first add (remove the mobile cap ) . Worst idea u ever had .... u were an innovator making iPods useless. now u have created something as use full as a zune ....... My whole work place has switched to I |heart radio
  3. jack Farmer
    April 20, 2013 at 5:53pm
    j farm :77 year old man with out hearing aid loves music music is pandora.
  4. dalila
    April 20, 2013 at 7:45pm
    Congratulations, really glad u invented it! Excellent idea! Especially 4 those people who r like me w/ estatic taste in music and their music choice depends on their mood
  5. dharmendra vyas
    April 21, 2013 at 4:55am
    thank you for making my long car trip enjoyable by continuous interesting Indian classical music .i enjoy without going sleep on wheel. also my wife can sleep peacefully while listening our favorite music on Pandora, it is blessing..keep up adding more songs .you are my favorite station, wish you more success.break all previous records all the time in future. god bless.
    1. dharmendra vyas
      April 21, 2013 at 5:01am
      i know you will be successful.i bought shares of Pandora.good luck on your success. you rock. ..
  6. jehova
    April 21, 2013 at 6:00am
    Es la mejor
    1. zulma
      May 23, 2013 at 10:17pm
      Thanks you for all you soport like i have mation befor my and my husben Noe just stare like this
  7. Elizabeth Terrazas
    April 21, 2013 at 7:01am
    I love Pandora! It helps me relax, have fun, and get homework done. Needless to say, that Pandora is very versatile and I love it, no matter what the mood! Thank you for you the wonderful music experience!!!
    1. Bebee Sunshine
      April 23, 2013 at 8:53pm
      Now that's being on the same page playing the music like I like it, It's Great !
  8. jaycee
    April 21, 2013 at 11:42am
    I happen to be one of those few people who listen to my pandora station more than the alloted 40 hours a month on my wireless nook. I received an email that informs me I must pay monthly everytime I go over my time limit monthly. I do this about every two weeks. I know that I can listen unlimited free off of a computer, but I don't have one so I use my nook to listen, which is not free. It seems to me that by paying monthly everytime you go over your time is a way of punishing your most loyal listeners. I wish this practice would stop becoming commonplace so I won't be forced to switch to another way of enjoying my favorite music on my nook tablet.
  9. Aaron
    April 21, 2013 at 11:54am
    thank you for making pandora i love listening to it every day even at school so congratz on the 200 million
  10. K
    April 21, 2013 at 1:05pm
    Thank you for All that music we enjoy every day.....:)