This evening, we are hosting our second live event as part of a new listener appreciation series. Tonight’s concert features Portugal. The Man, and we’ve invited some of the band’s most avid New York City fans to a free show at The Bowery Ballroom. One of the central missions of Pandora is to bring together bands and fans. We’ve been successfully doing that online for some time now, so it’s exciting to see this offline component now coming to life!

We’ve started a special page on Pandora so that fans across the country can follow the series. Check out www.pandora.com/pandorapresents to see some of the special content, such as behind the scenes interviews, thoughts from fans, and special mixtapes that are curated by the featured band, including Portugal. The Man and the first band of the series, Dawes.

Our first show was held in Portland, Oregon, on December 13. There will be more shows to come throughout this year, so stay tuned for the next city and band announcement.

We’re really looking forward to tonight’s show (which is brought to our fans for free, courtesy of Budweiser). If you don’t have a pass for tonight’s show, a few have been set aside to give away at the door at 7 p.m. Get there early if you’d like to join us for an awesome night.

– Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Jesus Noel
    January 17, 2012 at 1:19pm
    Is this event 21 plus to get the the few tickets set aside?
  2. abercrombie
    January 18, 2012 at 1:41am
    Do you have any video or fotos?
  3. stan
    January 21, 2012 at 6:12am
    Hi, i would like to know when it will be possible to transfer the settings from one computer to another? i understand that the song ratings are retained on each computer and not at pandora. Thanks
  4. zoeeyy isabella
    January 25, 2012 at 6:24am
    i loveeee pandorraaa!!!! :D
  5. Ryan B.
    January 26, 2012 at 8:57am
    Let me know when you guys come down here to South Florida.
  6. Maca
    January 26, 2012 at 2:17pm
    First of all thanks for maintaining this blog. I love Pandora and I enjoy listening to it every day. Thank you and have a good day.
  7. mj
    January 27, 2012 at 10:01am
    Hello, I mainly listen to pandora while at work and thus I am unable to shop on I-tunes or amazon during those hours. If you had a buy later button for the songs you play (so a list was creeated)I would come back to your site to purchase the songs I like. I really like the service you provide and would like to see you get some revenue.
  8. Wina
    January 27, 2012 at 11:07am
    nothing to do with this blog or any other blog in here. I don't care about any of this stuff. Just fix the bio you posted on my favorite Korean band Big Bang. the bio is about the Norwegian band of the same name. It will be really great if you can get this corrected.
  9. Jonathan
    January 27, 2012 at 11:45am
    Hope Pandora comes to Windows Phone 7 soon. The third party apps out there are nice, but an official one would be great!
  10. ARTHUR DALEY
    January 29, 2012 at 5:34am
    The Portugal event was brilliant, well done Pandora.