Comments

1. trouble
    June 29, 2006 at 8:25pm
    The Fathom has Candlebox next week, while in Chattanooga watch for Mighty Sideshow, they just played the gallery at CBGB's Also watch for the Velcro Pygmies (great fun) There are so many great bands here can't name them all.
  2. chris ammons
    July 17, 2006 at 1:17pm
    Chattanooga: Chad's Records is a great record store w/ lots of classic vinyl & hard to find stuff, knowledgable staff, & pretty good selection of new indie label cds. Jairus, local band (just broke up) with some strong records http://www.jairusmusic.com Infradig: local instrumental faves, play out a lot Lamar's: home to all the great underground shows & the stiffest drinks in town. Nahsville: all the bands on Theory Eight records are excellent. Charter Administration http://www.cartereight.com amazing power pop-ish band Heypenny: http://www.heypenny.com put out one of the best unsigned records you will ever hear.
  3. sue huggins
    August 29, 2006 at 8:34pm
    I'm just creating my first Pandora stations. Thank you for this brilliant machine ! I'm in NC, but can recommend a Nashville artist: Sarah Siskind. Girl singer/songwriter, yes. Exactly like the rest, no. Intelligent and soulful poetry about life, love and family coming from a mind natured and nurtured in music. www.sarahsiskind.com Happy trails !
  4. Deborah
    August 31, 2006 at 11:28pm
    I think you should consider stopping in Bulls Gap if you come through the area. Our town is the home of Archie Campbell,Grandpappy on Hee Haw. We have the home where he was born which is now a museum and this weekend is the Archie Campbell Homecoming Labor Day celebration. It is 3 days of music, both country and gospel. IF not this year consider coming next year. I am sure that you will like it.Or come to Morristown, the home of the Lakeway Idol contest on the 4th of July.This features our young people and also the adults as they vie in their categories for a taping in Nashville.Good luck in your travels and I will be looking forward to seeing where your travels will take you
  5. Jessica
    October 08, 2006 at 6:58pm
    I would seriously suggest visiting East Tennessee. In particular, I would visit Bristol and Johnson City in Northeast TN. Bristol is nationally recognized as the birthplace of country music and every year they have the Rhythym and Roots Reunion. Also, there is a place called the Down Home in Johnson City where a variety of artists play, from Doc Watson to more local artists. They cover a range of music types. These towns are only a few miles away from the town of Hiltons, VA, where the famous Carter family is from (June Carter Cash's family). It's a fantastic place for music and I highly recommend it.
  6. Dustin
    January 10, 2007 at 10:00am
    I agree with Jessica Not only do we have Rhythm and Roots Reunion but we have many smaller events year round. Just in Johnson City I can Give you over 500 bands that are known with the community. Lots of great bands and the music style and taste range from Bluegrass to Hip-hop......we just need to be found.
  7. Bob Wilkins
    February 02, 2007 at 5:42pm
    Check out bio for Earl Hines!
  8. pineknot1
    February 09, 2007 at 10:38am
    Anyone looking for some good country or bluegrass music. Well i know where to look.That would be the place country music got it's start. That be in Bristol Tn.Alot of the well known country music singer came from Bristol Tn. area.
  9. AJ Pierce
    September 20, 2007 at 6:15pm
    Get to Clarksville, TN check out this local band "The Departed"...they have a guitarist like I have never seen or heard in my life and I am a great guitar player of 40 years
  10. WK Hemphill
    October 21, 2007 at 9:12pm
    Please consider checking out northeast Tennessee, especially Johnson City. Located on on I-26 (16 miles off I-81) , Johnson City is the home of the wonderful Down Home music venue as well as the newer Acoustic Coffeehouse. For a delicious slice of Americana, please catch Rob Russell and the Sore Losers; Rob is one of the wittiest singer/songwriters around. East Tennessee State University (ETSU) has a well respected Blue Grass program drawing talent from literally around the world. Dave Carter hosts a one hour live music/interview show each Saturday at 1 pm on WETS-FM (89.5) showcasing local and regional talent.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )