Comments

1. Allison
    April 13, 2006 at 9:01pm
    Hey, I just thought I would let you know about Egypt Central, a band from Memphis that I love. I am a couple hours away from Memphis and I have only seen them once, but I love their music. I believe they will be playing during the Beale St. Festival for Memphis in May. Just a little heads up...
  2. David
    April 17, 2006 at 1:14pm
    If you get a chance, I reccomend that you stop by Knoxville, and try and listen to Cutthroat Shamrock. Very nice local band with some Irish folk influences.
  3. heather cowles
    April 17, 2006 at 8:11pm
    hello..i am heather cowles, singer/songwriter.....i recieved an email from this sight sayin they are looking for new artist..i thought i would put my website on here if anyone wants to check it out..i live in the nashville area..a good place to go that i know of in Nashville to hear or be a part of songwriters rounds is the commodore and the bluebird... www.heathercowles.com
  4. Ryan
    April 18, 2006 at 8:29am
    I'll cast another vote for Knoxville. Local artist Robinella (and the CCStringband) should not be missed. They play every Sunday night at 8pm at Barley's in the old city. Along with the other Knoxvillians around here, I'd say WDVX is the place to go for "real" Knoxville music. Welcome to Tennessee!
  5. T hensley
    April 21, 2006 at 11:04am
    Blue Bird Cafe, just west of Vandy in Nashville. Don't eat there, but do bring your ears for songwriter showcase. Breakfast at Noshville, on the other side of Vandy.
  6. jim jensen
    April 23, 2006 at 7:14am
    Red Boiling Springs, TN June 23,24,25 30 years of local families gathering to celebrate the solstice and play music. Pickin and jamming featuring all the classics.
  7. B.Reed
    May 04, 2006 at 7:46am
    Don't spend all your time in Nashville. Travel about 30 minutes south to a little town called Murfreesboro, home of Middle Tennessee State Univ., They have an awesome recording industry management program and therefore you can not spit and not hit a guitarist. These musicians startup some pretty groovy bands and one of the best music spots is a little bar called The Boro right across the street from campus. Check it out.
  8. Laura
    May 11, 2006 at 9:20pm
    This website has kept me sane at work! I work third shift in a hospital so it can get pretty boring at times. The only thing that would make this site better is if I could get it in my car!!! If you ever are in Chattanooga, check out the bands playing at Rythem and Brews. They always have great local bands. The best one to watch out for is "Here come the Mummies." (this one isn't local but they are a huge hit here and come quite frequently.) They play funky beats and they are all dressed as mummies. A lot of times famous people (that you would totally recognize) sit in with them and you never know it because they are wrapped head to toe. They are really popular in some pretty famous circles. I think the majority of them are from New Orleans. Check out our local alternative newspaper The Pulse. It has a list of all the music for the week and its free. New editions come out on Thursdays. Thanks again for all the great music!!! I am definately spreading the word about you to everybody!!!
  9. Eleonore
    May 19, 2006 at 10:04am
    There's a lot of country in Nashville, but there's a lot more to offer. Try going to Exit/In, 3rd & Lindsley, or Christophers Pizza (good beer there!) to catch an act. For dinner, I highly recommend the San Antonio Taco Co. If you're trying to get a sense for the indie music scene, you should talk to people at Cafe Coco (by Exit/In) or Grimey's Music on 8th Street. Happy hunting!
  10. fred
    May 31, 2006 at 6:25pm
    Try checking out the local hotspots and checking for appearances of individual people or bands,especially in Nashville!

Reply to Cathy Cancel Reply

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )