Comments

1. Maryellen Jones
    March 20, 2006 at 8:31am
    Welcome to Tennessee Be sure to spend plenty of time in Nashville, known as Music City USA. We have tons of Country Music artists, and other eclectic styles. Check the Nashville newspaper, 'tenneseean.com' for spots to check out the local musicians as well as big names. You won't be disappointed if you come to Nashville. Maryellen - just a music lover
  2. Jefferson Brendan Danley
    March 22, 2006 at 11:40am
    Hello, I am an engineer/producer/co-owner of a recording studio in Memphis, TN called Unclaimed Recordings. We have been in business for close to a year now and are currently making preparations to move the studio to a new location. My Uncle lives in Texas and referred me to your website last night because he noticed that you would be coming to visit Memphis soon. We currently operate our studio using the theory that the overwhelming majority of current musical talent in Memphis has not yet been heard because none of them can afford to record their music at any of the more well known studios in town. Therefore we have allied ourselves with a local record label that caters to these musicians called Makeshift Music (www.makeshiftmusic.com). We cut deals with these artist at very affordable rates and Makeshift then helps the artist to release the albums. We recently completed a compilation entitled Makeshift 4. It features 46 tracks of new local music and has received very good reviews (http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/Content?oid=oid%3A12250). About a third of the compilation was recorded using donated recording time at Unclaimed, where it was also sequenced and mastered. Besides the compiliation, we have been working on a total of fourteen albums from Memphis bands. Only one of which has been released. Taking cues from the popular music of the sixties and seventies, we try and utilize instruments that are not generally used in today's radio pop such as horns, strings, pianos.. etc. For the past year we have been working nonstop on this music without any regard to making money. All of us that are involved work day jobs to support ourselves. I myself sleep in the floor of the studio and have made a profit of only $80 in the past year. The rest of the money has gone to paying rent and upgrading studio equipment. Thank you for taking the time to read this message, and I hope that you will give our music a listen and let us know what you think. If you are interested we would be happy to meet with you when you are traveling through memphis. Jefferson Brendan Danley hear sound samples at: www.makeshiftmusic.com http://www.myspace.com/unclaimedrecordings
  3. dw
    March 22, 2006 at 9:23pm
    Wilst in Nashville be sure and visit Kurt Wagner and Lambchop.
  4. Mark M
    March 23, 2006 at 10:21am
    Anyone know if Prince Mongo's Planet in Memphis is still around? That was one of the all-time weirdest nights I've spent in a bar. I just did a google search for Prince Mongo and I learned about the man behind the bar. Now it sort of makes sense. AHAHA. If still around, check this three-story night club out. Lots of fun.
  5. Shaun
    March 23, 2006 at 12:37pm
    I spent my college years in Memphis. IF you make it through in May, check out the Beale St. Music festival. http://www.memphisinmay.org
  6. Blair
    March 27, 2006 at 4:58pm
    Stop by F Scott's - a local jazz club in the Greens Hills area of Nashville on most any Thursday night and hear the Beegie Adair trio - simply the best in jazz piano standards.
  7. Landon
    March 29, 2006 at 8:55am
    If you're ere on a Wednesday, stop by 3rd & Lindley, you can catch the Wooten Brothers (related to the 2 that played with Bela fleck for many years). Check the calendar. http://www.3rdandlindsley.com/
  8. Tim Westergren
    March 29, 2006 at 8:30pm
    Great stuff everyone. Jefferson would love to check out the compilation = maybe stop by. Adding all these names to my list - will try to pack in as much as I can. Bummed taht I'll be missing the Beale st. festival. Mongo's planet sounds intriguing. What kind of music? T.
  9. Paul
    March 30, 2006 at 10:20am
    You have to check out the Peter Moon Band. I saw then in Knoxville a couple of years ago. They play in the Nashville area most of the time. They are VERY good, well worth the stop off. You can check his web site to hear a few songs http://www.petermoon.com/
  10. rhyan mcreynolds
    April 01, 2006 at 12:32am
    Fuck That, stop by Spankies in Cookeville and ask for Double D or Rhyan from Dimples Malone. We can have fun and drink at the same time. I know , its fascinating, but it happens. rock, rhyan

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )