Update: The Charlottesville meetup will be on Monday, September 18th, 2006 at Gravity Lounge (103 South First St), starting at 6:30pm. Please RSVP by sending an email to tour@pandora.com with ‘Charlottesville’ in the subject line.
Charlottesville looks like it’s going to be the place where I’m launching my fall tour. What better place to start than the home of DMB… Looking like September. My itinerary is still a work in progress, though local listeners in Charlottesville can definitely expect a town hall meeting. Seen a lot of energy for Norfolk, Roanoke, Virginia Beach and others on our blog comments. Hoping to hit UVA, and other schools too – any students out there with suggestions? I’ve really enjoyed the campus visits we’ve had so far. Please leave any comments or suggestions you may have below.
We love reading and responding to your feedback on the blog – the comments have been a treasure trove of great insights and guidance as we plan our visits. If you have a particular idea you want to discuss, or just want to get more involved, we’re eager for help – just drop us an email at tour@pandora.com. Please include your location in the subject line of your message too. No idea is too big or small!

Comments

1. Amanda
    April 05, 2006 at 8:33am
    Coming to Virginia eh? I know of a great jam band that plays around the dc metro area. They have a site on myspace http://www.myspace.com/sapphireproject.
  2. James
    April 05, 2006 at 11:39am
    Second the motion, on Floyd being the "unoffcial" Bluegrass capital of the country. I lived in Blacksburg, Christiansburg Area prior to moving back to Mississippi (just south of Memphis) two years ago. Floyd Fest is a great music treat. On Friday nights the General Store in downtown Floyd has music inside and out. Oddfellas Cantina is another local spot in Floyd to check out. Floyd is south of I-81, near the Blue Ridge Parkway, with spectacular scenery. Check out Doug Thompson's Blog, www.blueridgemuse.com/ for other links to the area. Blacksburg has a great NPR station that plays Bluegrass 24/7, but the local music scene is marginal. Roanoke has a few clubs, but most are pricy. Have fun!
  3. Tim Westergren
    April 05, 2006 at 5:51pm
    Sounds like I'd better get to Jammin' Java. When is FLoyd fest? Kait - I was Snarky Puppy in Denton. Great stuff! Good luck with your new CD. I took one home. I've heard a lot about the Black Cat too.
  4. Anni
    April 05, 2006 at 6:58pm
    In Christiansburg, my friend said theres some local metal bands that are really good. hint- avoid anything called jungl-ed! x(
  5. MareE
    April 07, 2006 at 4:01am
    Eddie from Ohio - Northern VA band They are fun, and cover the School House Rock stuff in addition to their own originals. Very, very nice people. Offical Site: http://www.efohio.com/ MareE
  6. mike
    April 07, 2006 at 1:38pm
    Try and check out Cary Street Cafe in Richmond Va. There is live music every night and on saturdays in the afternoon they have a free jazz jam from 2-5 then on Sundays they have a bluegrass jam in the afternoon, also free.
  7. Hyperlinkva.com
    April 14, 2006 at 12:04am
    Sitting here with a group of friends @ the Hyperlink in Richmond, VA listening to Pandora and we are grateful for your love of music. Hyperlink Cafe powered by Turbosound speakers is a prime hotspot for Live Music. Check us out at www.myspace.com/hyperlinkva Peace C
  8. Riverwitch
    April 15, 2006 at 4:12am
    You are coming to Virginia and going to miss Bristol and Macy's Springs? Bristol is home to the first country music recording station. The Carter family traveled from Macy's Springs, about 25 miles away to go there are record their songs. In Macy's Springs, the Carter Family Fold still offers weekly Saturday night shows. June Carter Cash and Johnny Cash had a home nearby since this is June's hometown. Country music started right here. No, we don't have much of a contemporary music scene going on around here, but you might check out DOWN HOME in Johnson City TN, just about 40 minutes from here. Most folks think Virginia stops at Roanoke. Be brave and come on farther into the backroads to get a real perspective on the genesis of some great music.
  9. VaderPi
    April 25, 2006 at 11:18am
    I am in Roanoke, but I don't really know much about the local music here. Richmond is crazy, though. You should try and check out my brother-in-law's band Searching for Timothy, if you get the chance. Here are some links to learn more about them. MySpace [http://www.myspace.com/searchingfortimothy], PureVolume [http://www.purevolume.com/searchingfortimothy], Plan9 Music, Upcoming Appearances [http://www.plan9music.com/?node=local_artist&id=2553]
  10. Emily
    April 27, 2006 at 2:35pm
    Okay, in DC metro area, you need to hit the Birchmere. I live in Seattle now, and I really miss the variety that would go through the Birchmere, everything from the Bacon Brothers to Ozomatli to Lyle Lovett. http://www.birchmere.com/index.cfm I also second (or third?) Eddie From Ohio's nomination, they are excellent. EFO has a great site, only I can't find it and don't have their latest mailer. Young and upcoming jam band is Laidback. http://www.myspace.com/laidbackmusic

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )