Heading for Hokie country! We’re holding a Town Hall meeting next Tuesday, September 5th on the Virginia Tech campus. Looking forward to visiting the town that is apparently the most connected place in the country… Hope to learn a lot from you tech savvy types…
VTLogo.jpg
Details:
When: Tuesday, September 5th, 2006 – 6:30pm
Where: Squires Colonial Hall
225 Squires Student Center
Virginia Tech Campus
VT has a great number of pandora listeners… one of the most of any campus. Should be a great evening. And we’ll have some cool pandora stuff…
This is a FREE event. Please RSVP to tour@pandora.com
Hope to see you there! Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. William Wolf
    September 05, 2006 at 5:37pm
    Thanks for the talk tonight at Virginia Tech, I really enjoyed it (And the free hats and shirts that I will be sporting around campus). Hope the company continues to grow and be successfull. Look forward to hearing more about you guys in the news.
  2. Zach Alsgaard
    September 05, 2006 at 8:03pm
    Thanks again for coming out to Virginia Tech! I learned more about running an Internet company (basically my major) from listening to your experiences for an hour than I have from all of my classes combined this semester! Have you ever considered a career as a professor? Keep up the great work with the site! Cheers, - Zach
  3. Jack daniel
    September 07, 2006 at 1:54am
    I have been directed to Pandora by a few friends, and I am thoroughly enjoying your music. Cerebral Orgasm.
  4. joseph
    September 12, 2006 at 9:07pm
    i love this site! as soon as i found it i had to post a bulletin on myspace about how great i thought this site was, and informed every music lover that they need to check it out! i would rather suggest that you be able to rate the songs that were generated, on certain qualities over others, i.e. lyrical style, sound, beat, area of origin, non-explicit content, etc. with that i feel, would give you a better understanding of why people like certain music over others and in turn generate a more appreciated playlist. anyway thanks again, and i will definitely keep tuning in :)
  5. Tiffany Singleton
    September 19, 2006 at 9:48am
    I really appreciate this site I love it!!!
  6. Autumn
    September 19, 2006 at 12:28pm
    Something strange has been happening. I have a "Christina Aguiliera" listening station, which is great for the most part. Lately, however, I've been getting a lot of Christmas songs ??? (Christmas is a long ways away) and off-key folk and rock or really old weird who-knows-what music being played -- stuff I would never listen to and is in no way even close to being of the same genre. I can accept a little bit of a stretch now and then, and even think it's a good way to learn about different/new artists I wouldn't have otherwise tried or known of. But, if I really wanted to listen to a lot of that kind of music, I'd create a new listening station. Also, there have been times when there's been such a long stretch of these other genres that I've had to close out the listening station altogether, just to put an end to it. Don't get me wrong, that won't stop me from listening to Pandora. I think Pandora is absolutely, unequivocally GREAT!! It's just that, occasionally, I'm forced to switch to another one of my listening stations just to end an unwelcomed stretch of... well.... crap!!
  7. clara
    September 19, 2006 at 4:11pm
    I appreciate so much your music station. I love all jazz, especially smooth jazz, blues, and the classics like Ella Fitzgerald, Satchmo, Duke Ellington, B.B. King, etc. I also like some soft rock, 80's is my favorite, past that I'm lost. I like 70's too. What an era! I survived! I also like classical, baroque mostly. When I'm out driving on the highway, I occasinally tune in to country. So I'm pretty diverse in my tastes. But jazz cannot be beat! It's America! Thanks again for such a pleasant music experience.
  8. ANGIE
    September 20, 2006 at 6:39am
    where is Luther's old crew. Can we get a Luther review going with his old crew. I miss Kevin & the music director.
  9. Tim Mc.
    September 21, 2006 at 9:27am
    I discovered Pandora earlier this year, and really like the concept of creating "customized" radio stations. Tim W. has done a fantastic job with this! I am, however, puzzled by one thing: I created a station by naming the song "Whispering Hope" (hoping for the Jo Stafford/Gordon MacRae duet) a month or two ago. I think Pandora displayed a message to the effect that (for copyright reasons?) it could not always play a specific song, but would play similar music. The station proceeded to play songs from the 40's and 50's, which is fine, but I have unsuccessfully tried to narrow it down to ONLY vocal harmony. I have clicked "I don't like it" on umpteen songs which did NOT include any vocal harmony, but Pandora doesn't seem to recognized what I am after. The other day, after all of this time, it started playing a lot of barbershop quartet music, with a couple of Boswell Sisters numbers mixed in. I thought, "Oh, Boy - it finally understands what I want!" However, it continues to play a lot of Sinatra, Crosby, Gene Kelly, Jo Stafford, etc. songs from the 40's and 50's - I love most of those songs, but I already get them on one or more of my other stations. Has anyone had any luck creating a station like this?
  10. Pat
    September 21, 2006 at 6:26pm
    Hi Folks, A friend put me on to this and what can I say? You have pandoraddicts in Europe. Spreading like wildfire and so much fun. Haven't suscribed yet but will do when wage packet comes in at end of month. New Wave means different things to different people and we could have wild discussions about why one song should or shouldn't belong but that's what its all about. Right? Thanks for the Deerhoof mail and THANK YOU for loads of fun. Deadly cool as we say here and you guys rock as you say there. Cheers!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )