Dear Listeners:

We’re excited to share with you some new themed stations we’ve just created that allow you to easily listen to the most popular songs of 2010. This look back across the country’s popular tastes from this last year includes everything from chart-topping Pop Hits to Country, Alternative, Jazz, R&B songs, and many more.

And, in the spirit of literally ending the year on a high note , we also have a special New Year’s Eve Party station that you can find among the new Themed stations.
We hope you’ll check out the full selection at: http://www.pandora.com/genres and scroll down to ‘Themed’ for those stations. As always, feedback is most welcome.

Hope you enjoy…and thanks for listening!

-Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Dr. Rings
    December 28, 2010 at 11:39pm
    It would have been even BETTER to be able to stream my Pandora account over my PS3!!! Sony already has it on their Blu-Ray players as an app, why not the PS3? You'd open up an entirely new market for those of us that will not be buying a stand-alone blu-ray player, because we have the PS3 as our main home theater unit. Please, please, please! Sincerely, Dr. Rings, MD
  2. John Barrett
    December 29, 2010 at 4:10am
    So glad you are finally offering genre and theme stations. I was one of your early subscribers and had suggested this a number of years ago. While listening to artist/song based play is just right at times, I felt I tended to miss many of the newer songs. Hence I was listening to Napster play-lists and considering subscription to Slacker...no need to now!
  3. Syrena
    December 29, 2010 at 7:47am
    Tim, You Rock! All of you guys at Pandora are awesome, thank you for putting in all the hard work for our ear's pleasure. =) We are ultimately grateful! Happy New Year!!!
  4. Mary
    December 29, 2010 at 12:35pm
    I'm a new member. Thanks so much for this progrm. Mary
  5. Greg
    December 29, 2010 at 1:45pm
    Just downloaded Pandora yesterday and listened while in the waiting room while wife was getting some tests done. Was reading a recent Time Mag issue and ran across Tim's comments about being concerned about the internet replacing personal interaction; which happens to also be a concern of mine. Anyway, was listening to Jimi Hendrix and noticed the other folks in the waiting room were enjoying my rocking to the beat. Still new to Pandora but initial impressions are positive. Rock On!
  6. Dawn Klauke
    December 30, 2010 at 8:03am
    Hi, Thanks for being out there. I use this site to play music for my daycare clients. I don't like to have to worry about objectionable music for kids. I didn't see a theme for "little kids" so I will be making my own playlist. I know it's subjective, but that is what I need. Great job. Your labor of love has enhanced our lives. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing you at a conference some day. Happy New Year!
  7. leslie
    December 30, 2010 at 10:27am
    I first learned of Pandora from a feature on public radio station WWNO. I made my initial visit to your site shortly thereafter. It wasn't until I discovered my fifteen year old daughter using Pandora that I spent some time listening and developing my stations. I'm so glad I did! Varied music and foods calm my soul and allow me to break free of life's constraints. Your station makes that so much easier!
  8. Ryan, Pandora Support
    December 30, 2010 at 1:36pm
    Hi guys! Thanks for the great feedback. @Dr. Rings -- Sorry that the Playstation 3 isn't officially supported to run Pandora yet. It's definitely on our radar. @Dawn -- Good news! You can prevent Pandora from playing explicit content. More info here: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/contents/541.html @Leslie, Dawn, Greg and everyone who has written with happy Pandora stories -- So glad to hear it. Thanks for listening!
  9. LK
    December 30, 2010 at 1:58pm
    I know this my be an "off" question, but regarding themed stations I was wondering if you've considered having classic radio shows that are "Suspense", "Crime", etc., programs. They are part of radio history but not directly music. Would you consider expanding in this area? I'd love to have such custom stations as heard on LIVE 365. Pandora would have an advantage since we could stream to it on our DVD/TV's. We received one for Christmas and are so happy with Pandora!
  10. Paige
    December 31, 2010 at 11:12am
    I can't figure out how to find the theme stations....any advice?