curation picAt Pandora, our central mission is connecting artists with listeners who will love their music. Our goal is to enable every talented artist to reach the audience they deserve, without regard to the style of their music or their popularity.

When it comes to access and promotion, enormous hurdles have always confronted musicians and comedians, especially independent or self-releasing artists, in getting an equal opportunity to be heard. This is why I’m thrilled to introduce our new open music submission process.

The new open submission process is designed to make it as easy as possible for talented artists to reach the over 70 million potential fans that listen to Pandora every month.  It couldn’t be more simple – a digital, three-step process where artists can submit tracks for consideration. No pre-requisites. No CD required. Just fill in your contact info with links to preview tracks… no hurdles and a level playing field.

You can check out the new submission process at submit.pandora.com.

The recording industry needs indie and self-releasing artists to thrive. Internet radio offers an unprecedented opportunity to make that a reality. Last year, over 10,000 artists each reached more than 350,000 unique listeners on Pandora (up from 250,000 the year before). Our music curation team approved more than 3,700 independent album submissions. Most of this great music would never see the light of day on terrestrial radio.

Our mission is to create the largest and most relevant audience for all great music. And it’s great for our listeners too, as they can expect to discover even more music they’ve never heard before.

So don’t wait.  Now’s the time… Point us to your music!

Comments

1. raul velasco c.
    February 06, 2014 at 7:23am
    Excelente
  2. Mike Wilkie
    February 06, 2014 at 9:56am
    Hi just went to your link “Introducing Pandora’s Open Music Submission Process" and got this...... "Server Error We're sorry, there has been an unexpected error with our server. Please try again, or visit the Pandora Home Page" Is everything ok? Thanks Mike Wilkie of The Pikey Project
    1. GatorFace
      September 16, 2015 at 4:50pm
      I'm having trouble submitting my songs
        September 19, 2015 at 3:09pm
        If you're still having trouble submitting your music, email us here: pdora.co/writeus -Katie
  3. Joe
    February 06, 2014 at 10:19am
    How can we, the listeners of Pandora, find artists who are independent? The "Indie" stations don't seem to be truly "indie". I'd love to have a station of only indie rock!
    1. Jeff Janow
      January 18, 2015 at 10:35am
      Joe, Pandora does not really support Indie Artists as indicated by the previous threads. I know personally, I have had 2 albums rejected by Pandora's Censor/Filter. What we as Indie Artists tend to do to avoid these type of corporate politics, is to steer our listeners to networks that are indie friendly and allow the listener to choose for themselves. Checkout GrooveShark, last.fm, nimbit, etc. Apple and YouTube are about to make radio as we know it irrelevant anyway, and everything will be available as streams to everyone. The sooner the better.. Jeff .
      1. Sam Smith
        June 05, 2015 at 6:16pm
        I have found the same thing. I think Pandora was friendly to the indie artist years ago, but no longer. It seems as though they have changed their business model. They have too many free listeners and have to rely on ads to make money. This is simply where we are (same for Spotify, who may put them out of business) No worries, there are plenty of really good outlets for the indie artist. Pandora is missing out on the direction of the music industry and I believe it is going to put them out of business.
  4. Sabrina Signs (@SabrinaSigns)
    February 06, 2014 at 12:34pm
    Totally Awesome! Already Submitted my next LP - Thank you @Pandora_Radio! YOU ROCK!
  5. Jacob John McCarter
    February 07, 2014 at 8:27am
    Is this not implemented yet? I just tried it, and I still need to provide a link to purchase the release from iTunes, Bandcamp, Amazon, or CD Baby. I thought I could simply provide a link to where the audio is hosted, and it would be submitted for review. "No pre-requisites." is what this very blog post states. I call bullshit.
      February 11, 2014 at 9:54am
      @Jacob In order to submit, you need two links- one purchase link where we can buy it and one streaming link. The purchase link must be from iTunes, Bandcamp, Amazon or CD Baby. Email our Listener Advocates with any remaining questions. -Alyssa
      1. Thomas Edison Langley
        April 11, 2014 at 10:10pm
        Is it a requirement to have a link to purchase music from?
      2. Sheik
        July 02, 2015 at 4:01pm
        I am registered on cdbaby, how exactly do I get the purchase link to put on the submission page?
      3. PandoraSupport
        July 05, 2015 at 3:09pm
        Hey there - please email us so our Artist team can assist: http://pdora.co/writeus. -KIm
  6. Glenn R Kuffer
    February 08, 2014 at 8:56am
    "The Jason James Band" has a submission. They provide great music and deserve your attention. Thanks for all you do.
  7. The Dandee
    February 08, 2014 at 5:17pm
    The submit page has been down for about 5 days now. ANy idea when it will be back up. I cant find any other way to submit the issue.
      February 10, 2014 at 5:29pm
      @TheDandee If you're still having trouble submitting email our Support Team here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  8. Michael Barton
    February 08, 2014 at 6:29pm
    Its gonna be great
  9. brimstonevomit
    February 09, 2014 at 10:13am
    Nifty and all, but does it accept artists who use Creative Commons and don't sell their music on the services listed on page 2 of the submission form?
      February 10, 2014 at 5:26pm
      @Brimstonevomit Please reach out to our Listener Advocates for help with your submission: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  10. The Dandee
    February 10, 2014 at 5:55pm
    Hey Jacob and others having issues accessing the submit page. Try using something other then Firefox. I just tried with Safari and everything worked.
  11. The Dandee
    February 10, 2014 at 5:57pm
    Actually I was wrong, Safari didnt work either. It just asked for a password then died the same. I opened a support ticket.
      March 18, 2014 at 3:47pm
      @TheDandee Have you heard back from one of our Listener Advocates? They can help you out. Email them here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  12. Christian
    March 10, 2014 at 3:38pm
    Does Anyone Know How Long The Submission Process Is?
      March 18, 2014 at 3:52pm
      @Christian Our goal is to listen to each submission in a timely manner and let you know your status as quickly as possible. You can view your status here: http://submitmusic.pandora.com/submit/status -Alyssa
      1. john ericson betancourt
        April 19, 2015 at 1:24pm
        Please Alyssa listen to my song Back It Up On Me (Remix) John Ericson Betancourt: http://youtu.be/z_1PInx4mKw
  13. Moe
    March 22, 2014 at 10:57am
    What is the turn around time to know if my music is accepted or not?
      March 25, 2014 at 9:47am
      @Moe Our curation team will let you know as soon as possible. You can check your status here: http://submitmusic.pandora.com/submit/status. -Alyssa
  14. Chris Palmer
    April 22, 2014 at 7:02am
    The problem is that artists from countries where Pandora isn't available can't submit music for consideration.
      April 22, 2014 at 10:53am
      @ChrisPalmer International artists are able to submit. Email our submissions team here for help: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  15. Blake R McAffee “Scripture”
    May 25, 2014 at 6:53pm
    I just want to thank pandora for the opportunity to submit my material it's my first time submitting my work to someone who can change not only my life but help uplift my potential and career no matter of the submission decision I'm truly blessed -Blake R McAffee "Scripture"
  16. jimmy terry
    June 12, 2014 at 9:11pm
    its been like two weeks and my submission still has not been reviewed, how long is the estimated time to get it on pandora, i understand there is probably a lot of music coming in, but an estimated time would be nice
  17. DjPrimo Padilla
    June 14, 2014 at 3:30pm
    How can I get my internet station streaming on Pandora?
      June 17, 2014 at 10:17am
      @DJPRIMO Please reach out to our Listener Support Team here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  18. khan flo mah
    July 17, 2014 at 11:01pm
    I wish there were a genre for Chill out music. we are better suited there. R&B is very n arrowing. What is sade? r&b? then she is then thrown in with usher. Smooth Jazz? then she's thrown in with George benson. Its just groove music. Chill out. art of noise "moments in love" would be an example. Or Simply red. Perhaps "contemporary soul" should be a genre. So luther vandross isnt placed in with Jazmyne sulluvin. What people would call "grown folks music". So the latest from Chaka khan, or Al green, or Stevie, would go with Sade, Luther And Anita baker, and Khan Flo Mah. LOL
  19. Lisa Anderson
    July 29, 2014 at 5:29am
    I read that we are NOT to contact Pandora after submitting our music, however, it has been two months and it has not gone to "review" yet. Should I be concerned or is this the normal wait time?
      August 06, 2014 at 10:08am
      @Lisa Our Support Team can check on your submission. Please email them here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  20. swagkillem
    August 05, 2014 at 2:36pm
    NICE THANKS BRO
  21. Dontee Weaver
    August 16, 2014 at 1:54am
    I wish the best to all independent artist submitting and congratulations to those that have been accepted. Currently I have been approved by Pandora and waiting for my station to go live. I want to thank the Pandora team for the opportunity to reach new listeners and I plan to keep releasing new music and growing my supportive fan base. Until I’m live on Pandora, I can be found on every other streaming service and social network @DonteeWeaver. Feel free to listen often and connect with me. –Dontee Weaver via http://DonteeWeaver.com
    1. Debi
      August 27, 2014 at 11:13am
      Congradulations!...question? How long did it take start to finish for Pandora to approve your music?
      1. Destini
        September 09, 2014 at 8:36pm
        My song "Heart At War" was approved today! Now I'm just awaiting for it to go live. It is aavailable on YouTube and iTunes. Check it out! I happen to get a nice guy who didn't mind me contacting him. It took my song about 6months to get approved. I submitted in April and it was exactly approved today. Good luck to EVERYONE! Follow me on IG and Twitter @ Destini_Music..
  22. Shawn N
    September 17, 2014 at 7:33pm
    Sure, if you want to see your music sit in "review" or post review for 6+ months! Still a poorly run service.
    1. You suck
      December 04, 2014 at 11:21am
      6 months!!!! That's not very timely
  23. richard
    October 13, 2014 at 11:27am
    Song is dope must listen more
  24. Bruce
    November 16, 2014 at 8:19am
    Suggestion to Pandora: please add post-rock and Cinematic to your genres.
  25. Lewis Olden
    November 26, 2014 at 7:45am
    Hi, I am a 21 year old musician from London who has been gigging all over the city for the duration of 2014. Any opportunity to get my music posted on your blog in any way would be amazing, here are the various links; Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/lewis-olden Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lewisoldenmusic Hope you like it Cheers Lewis
      November 29, 2014 at 4:19pm
      Hi Lewis, Thanks for sharing! Please feel free to submit your music here: http://pdora.co/submitpandora -Katie
  26. juan cervantes
    November 28, 2014 at 11:27pm
    my track has been submitted. it has been a little over a month now and i haven't received any emails. how longs does this process usually take?
      November 29, 2014 at 4:29pm
      Hi Juan, thanks for submitting your music! Please email our Artist Support team for a submission status update: http://pdora.co/writeus -Katie
  27. brian
    December 01, 2014 at 8:15pm
    how long does it take for the submission review to be finalize
      December 02, 2014 at 8:59am
      Hey Brian - Check in with our Artist Advocates about submission questions here: http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
  28. kentaya whitaker
    January 09, 2015 at 9:16pm
    hi My name is kentaya , i have been trying to get noticed for almost 2 years now and i would love it if you played my songs on Pandora. i have 3 good songs of mine and i would be the most thankfullest perons on earth. can you please just listen to them ? http://youtu.be/8g6SSILpd3s https://soundcloud.com/poodah-1/don-tay-ft-sh-brogod-loud https://soundcloud.com/poodah-1/don-tay-ft-staxx PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
      January 11, 2015 at 9:27am
      Hi Kentaya - If you'd like to learn how to submit your music to us, shoot us an email and our Artist Advocates would be happy to help: http://pdora.co/writeus -Kim
    2. J Giles
      August 20, 2015 at 12:50am
      Seriously? Out of all the amazing talent out there, with the true hip hop and skill floating everywhere you let these jokers swear up a storm and be affiliated with Pandora??? and with every other genre you picked to feature this boring, unoriginal, beat machine, lack of vocab characters. Prioritize guys! C'mon, you're from the Bay, use that knowledge
  29. Billy
    January 11, 2015 at 12:35pm
    This white guy at the end needs to be heard he goes by the name of scoonz!! Give him a listen! http://youtu.be/yYEsPmvAYQs
  30. GatorFace
    September 16, 2015 at 2:14am
    I'm really having a little trouble on getting my music heard . Would like to have it heard from the masses. My website gives further details about me and my music. GatorFace.com. I'm open to other options
      September 16, 2015 at 12:48pm
      Hi Travis - please email us and our artist team can assist you with submitting to us: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  31. Terrence Cowherd Jr.
    October 15, 2015 at 7:46pm
    Everytime I Try To Submit Music From My Tunecore (iTunes) Download Link Your Website States It Only "Accepts US iTunes Account Links." Where Do We Find This Link At, The Link I Submitted Was: http://itunes.apple.com/album/id985318716?ls=1&app=itunes
      October 21, 2015 at 3:40pm
      Hi Terrence - please email us so we can further assist you: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  32. James Kaiser
    December 24, 2015 at 1:30pm
    I Submitted My Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLcGM9oXLLQ And It Just Got Approved I'm Just Waiting For It To Go Live. Pandora Is Friendly To Independent Artist But Just Like A Record Label If You Don't Have A Certain Amount Of Views Or Fan Base Then No One Is Going To Even Consider To Waste Time Dealing With Your Music. It Cost Money To Make Money That's A Big Phrase In The Music Industry. Put Money Behind Your Music To Show Labels An Opportunity's Like This That You Care About Your Career An Get Your Fan Base Up Before Even Submitting Your Music To A Label Or A Great Opportunity Like This.
  33. Conz
    February 04, 2016 at 9:07am
    It's been 3 months since my music has been approved for pandora. How long does it take for it to go live?
      February 06, 2016 at 3:33pm
      Email our Artist Support team for an update: pdora.co/writeus -Katie

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )