We think most folks would agree that waking up from a deep slumber to the tune of their favorite music almost always trumps the repetitive bleeping noise that typically comes out of an alarm clock.

In August, we unveiled a new way for Pandora listeners to fall asleep to their favorite stations with the Sleep Timer, and today I’m thrilled to share that we’re releasing a new version of our Pandora app for iOS that contains another top-requested new product feature from our listeners: an Alarm Clock.

The Alarm Clock allows you to wake up to your favorite Pandora music and includes key features like the ability to snooze. When the alarm goes off, your music will begin to play with album art scrolling in the background. At this point, you can choose to snooze, turn off the alarm, or keep listening to your music simply by tapping the song title or artist name on your phone screen.

01-drawer     03-alarm_set

You can set the snooze option for 5, 10, 15 or 20 minute increments. When the snooze option is activated, your music will pause and the amount of time remaining will be displayed along with a progress bar counting down how many minutes you have left before the alarm will go off again. As an added benefit, we’ve created an easier way for those of you who are typically a slave to your snooze button to get those extra zzz’s (hint: you don’t have to be fully awake to give your mobile device a good shake). If you enjoy falling asleep to the sounds of your favorite Pandora tunes, the Alarm Clock was built to also work in conjunction with the Sleep Timer.

04-alarm_setoff     05-snooze

We know how much people rely on their Alarm Clocks to ensure a timely wake-up call, so we have put together a handful of simple tips to help you successfully start each day with your favorite Pandora music.

The Alarm Clock feature on the new Pandora app for iOS does have a few nuances so we encourage a quick visit to our step by step guide to learn more before you give it an official go.

At Pandora, we are inspired every day by consistently bringing our listeners music they love and it particularly excites us when we receive ideas for new product features and improvements directly from our listeners. So please, do keep the good ideas coming! We hope you like the new Alarm Clock feature and as always, we’d love to hear from you.

Happy snoozing…and waking up to Pandora!

P.S. We’re busy working away on an Alarm Clock feature for Android as well, so stay tuned!

1. Kenzie
    December 10, 2013 at 9:29pm
    If you leave the pandora alarm page on your phone can you lock your phone so you don't see the brightness in your room when you're trying to sleep?
    1. Hailey Lynn
      January 16, 2014 at 10:24pm
      No the alarm will be turned off if you lock the phone. It has to stay on all night, that's why they suggest you plug it in to your power source .
  2. Ryan Walker
    December 10, 2013 at 11:48pm
    Just wanted to say I really love the alarm clock feature. Is there anyway that you could make it work while the phone is asleep so we don't have to have the screen on all night?
  3. ashley
    December 11, 2013 at 6:00am
    i feel like this is bad for my phone. not only do i have to keep the screen on and unlocked, but the app open. and having it draining battery/plugged in all night (way longer than you should ever charge your phone) ....is bad for your battery! i dont need to wake up to music THAT bad.
    1. Kanye Twitty
      December 13, 2013 at 8:27am
      Amen! Every time I want to use my Pandora Alarm clock I need to worry about (1) Launching Pandora, (2) Turning on my Pandora Alarm Clock from my Settings Menu, (3) Plugging in my power cable. How am I supposed to do depend on my memory to repeat these three actions each night while I am sloppy drunk?
      1. Courtney
        December 16, 2013 at 12:57am
        So much agreement with both these comments! Love the idea - will wait until these items are fixed to even attempt to use it...
      2. alyssapandora
        December 19, 2013 at 8:07am
        @Kanye Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass it along to our product team. -Alyssa
  4. Scott
    December 12, 2013 at 9:25pm
    This needs to be on iPad... Also the screen being on is annoying... But I am happy to see y'all moving in the right direction.
  5. Francesca Donofrio
    December 12, 2013 at 11:16pm
    Please add to ipad!
  6. brandon rajaniemi
    December 13, 2013 at 8:31am
    i dont have a phone :(
  7. Lord Ajeff The Great
    December 13, 2013 at 7:34pm
    iPad too, please!
  8. Ronald Pogatchnik
    December 14, 2013 at 1:34pm
    I push the alarm clock and it turns on however I cannot find a way to set the time. It is stuck on 7:00 AM. Where do you set time? Touching the alarm clock produces no options.
  9. Elida
    December 15, 2013 at 2:29am
    What if I used my alarm clock yesterday and put a certain time. How can I change the time ?
  10. Lulu
    December 15, 2013 at 10:28pm
    It should have been clearly stated that this was not a feature for iPad users but after reading the reviews about it draining the battery, I don't know if I would want to use it.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )