We think most folks would agree that waking up from a deep slumber to the tune of their favorite music almost always trumps the repetitive bleeping noise that typically comes out of an alarm clock.

In August, we unveiled a new way for Pandora listeners to fall asleep to their favorite stations with the Sleep Timer, and today I’m thrilled to share that we’re releasing a new version of our Pandora app for iOS that contains another top-requested new product feature from our listeners: an Alarm Clock.

The Alarm Clock allows you to wake up to your favorite Pandora music and includes key features like the ability to snooze. When the alarm goes off, your music will begin to play with album art scrolling in the background. At this point, you can choose to snooze, turn off the alarm, or keep listening to your music simply by tapping the song title or artist name on your phone screen.

01-drawer     03-alarm_set

You can set the snooze option for 5, 10, 15 or 20 minute increments. When the snooze option is activated, your music will pause and the amount of time remaining will be displayed along with a progress bar counting down how many minutes you have left before the alarm will go off again. As an added benefit, we’ve created an easier way for those of you who are typically a slave to your snooze button to get those extra zzz’s (hint: you don’t have to be fully awake to give your mobile device a good shake). If you enjoy falling asleep to the sounds of your favorite Pandora tunes, the Alarm Clock was built to also work in conjunction with the Sleep Timer.

04-alarm_setoff     05-snooze

We know how much people rely on their Alarm Clocks to ensure a timely wake-up call, so we have put together a handful of simple tips to help you successfully start each day with your favorite Pandora music.

The Alarm Clock feature on the new Pandora app for iOS does have a few nuances so we encourage a quick visit to our step by step guide to learn more before you give it an official go.

At Pandora, we are inspired every day by consistently bringing our listeners music they love and it particularly excites us when we receive ideas for new product features and improvements directly from our listeners. So please, do keep the good ideas coming! We hope you like the new Alarm Clock feature and as always, we’d love to hear from you.

Happy snoozing…and waking up to Pandora!

P.S. We’re busy working away on an Alarm Clock feature for Android as well, so stay tuned!

Comments

1. Bruce Gerencser
    December 09, 2013 at 10:54am
    Mike, Another misleading post. Just like the last one. This release is not for ALL iOS devices, correct? No support for iPad? I wish you would clearly state this in your posts so iPad users don't have to waste their time looking for a feature that is not there. Bruce Gerencser
    1. Wendyp
      December 22, 2013 at 9:54pm
      Thanks!!! I wasted time on my iPad looking for alarm function!, Gggrrrrrrrr
      1. Mary
        January 07, 2014 at 9:00pm
        Ya I wasted my time looking for it on iPad they should make it on all Apple products.... Uggggg I love apple but hate how they don't put stuff on every I product
    2. Ethan
      March 12, 2014 at 5:26pm
      Ikr I was looking all over for it and wasted my bedtime
  2. Tuomas Leone
    December 09, 2013 at 2:06pm
    And for those of us with Windows Phones? Will we be getting this feature as well?
  3. Carlos
    December 09, 2013 at 3:04pm
    That app looks great, but What about windows phone?
  4. jamie
    December 09, 2013 at 7:52pm
    Android version?
  5. James Lewis (@baldengineer)
    December 10, 2013 at 9:23am
    Is this feature only on the iPhone version? I can't find it on my iPad.
  6. alyssapandora
    December 10, 2013 at 12:30pm
    @bruce @james @Tim @Scott @Francesca @Lord Ajeff @LuLu Sorry for any confusion. This is only available for the iPhone. I'll pass your feedback along. -Alyssa
    1. Tim Robinson
      December 11, 2013 at 4:56pm
      I also wasted lots of time looking all over the internet, and repeated attempts to re download this for my iPad. That was very misleading information!
  7. alyssapandora
    December 10, 2013 at 12:34pm
    @tuomas @carlos This feature is only available on the iPhone at this time. I'll pass your suggestion along to our product team.
  8. alyssapandora
    December 10, 2013 at 12:34pm
    @jamie @zoe We're working on it. Stay tuned!
  9. zoe
    December 10, 2013 at 6:40pm
    PUT ON ANDROID
  10. johnnyout
    December 10, 2013 at 6:44pm
    cant find this app in apple store in my iphone. .
    1. alyssapandora
      December 18, 2013 at 9:46am
      @johnnyout Search for Pandora in the App Store. If you continue to have trouble, email our Support Team for assistance: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  11. Kenzie
    December 10, 2013 at 9:29pm
    If you leave the pandora alarm page on your phone can you lock your phone so you don't see the brightness in your room when you're trying to sleep?
    1. Hailey Lynn
      January 16, 2014 at 10:24pm
      No the alarm will be turned off if you lock the phone. It has to stay on all night, that's why they suggest you plug it in to your power source .
  12. Ryan Walker
    December 10, 2013 at 11:48pm
    Just wanted to say I really love the alarm clock feature. Is there anyway that you could make it work while the phone is asleep so we don't have to have the screen on all night?
  13. ashley
    December 11, 2013 at 6:00am
    i feel like this is bad for my phone. not only do i have to keep the screen on and unlocked, but the app open. and having it draining battery/plugged in all night (way longer than you should ever charge your phone) ....is bad for your battery! i dont need to wake up to music THAT bad.
    1. Kanye Twitty
      December 13, 2013 at 8:27am
      Amen! Every time I want to use my Pandora Alarm clock I need to worry about (1) Launching Pandora, (2) Turning on my Pandora Alarm Clock from my Settings Menu, (3) Plugging in my power cable. How am I supposed to do depend on my memory to repeat these three actions each night while I am sloppy drunk?
      1. Courtney
        December 16, 2013 at 12:57am
        So much agreement with both these comments! Love the idea - will wait until these items are fixed to even attempt to use it...
      2. alyssapandora
        December 19, 2013 at 8:07am
        @Kanye Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass it along to our product team. -Alyssa
  14. Scott
    December 12, 2013 at 9:25pm
    This needs to be on iPad... Also the screen being on is annoying... But I am happy to see y'all moving in the right direction.
  15. Francesca Donofrio
    December 12, 2013 at 11:16pm
    Please add to ipad!
  16. brandon rajaniemi
    December 13, 2013 at 8:31am
    i dont have a phone :(
  17. Lord Ajeff The Great
    December 13, 2013 at 7:34pm
    iPad too, please!
  18. Ronald Pogatchnik
    December 14, 2013 at 1:34pm
    I push the alarm clock and it turns on however I cannot find a way to set the time. It is stuck on 7:00 AM. Where do you set time? Touching the alarm clock produces no options.
  19. Elida
    December 15, 2013 at 2:29am
    What if I used my alarm clock yesterday and put a certain time. How can I change the time ?
  20. Lulu
    December 15, 2013 at 10:28pm
    It should have been clearly stated that this was not a feature for iPad users but after reading the reviews about it draining the battery, I don't know if I would want to use it.
  21. alyssapandora
    December 18, 2013 at 10:06am
    @Kenzie @Walker At this time, the alarm clock only works if the Pandora app is open. The alarm will not play music if the phone is locked. I'll pass your feedback along to our developers. -Alyssa
  22. alyssapandora
    December 18, 2013 at 10:11am
    @Ronald @Elida find instructions on how to change the time of your alarm here: http://www.pandora.com/alarmclock/. -Alyssa
  23. Anna
    December 21, 2013 at 2:53pm
    Pandora is awesome! It is very refreshing to my ears! My family and I listen to it every day! 🎅
  24. Ron
    January 03, 2014 at 9:27pm
    great work Pandora team! Pandora is my favorite app. Switched from iPhone to Galaxy S4 so I am looking forward to your development of Alarm clock on the Android. There is an app that says it is Pandora Alarm Clock in the Google Play Store but I will wait for yours. Thanks!
    1. Ron
      January 03, 2014 at 9:32pm
      Well, I read further in the Blog and it says Android Pandora Alarm is live. How do I get it? Is it the Pandora Alarm Clock by First Pass Productions in the Google Play Store or is it imbedded in the Pandora app? Thanks.
  25. Ron
    January 03, 2014 at 9:45pm
    Well, I read even further...I guess you went live today with Android and the Alarm Clock shows up in the update. Thanks,
  26. doktorjones
    January 06, 2014 at 8:55pm
    Great, I know about your alarm clock thingy. Now can I turn off that irritating interstitial that spams me about it every time I launch Pandora? Especially since I'm a paying Pandora One customer?
    1. Dave
      January 31, 2014 at 7:07pm
      This. A million times this. I don't want to click something every single time I open Pandora before I can thumbs up or down a track. Also a paying customer.
      1. Aimee
        February 25, 2014 at 1:04pm
        Please give us a fix for this! its SOO irritating to have to skip past it EVERY time I open the app! Especially for those paying for the app.
  27. doktorjones
    January 06, 2014 at 8:59pm
    That's great that you have an alarm clock app and all, but can you stop nagging me about it every time I launch the music player, especially since I'm a paying Pandora One customer. I just went into the Play store and updated my review of the music player since you've recently added some features that had been missing for so long, and now I'm getting pestered by this. Where's the "don't tell me about this again" check box?
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 17, 2014 at 5:22pm
      @Doktorjones You'll need to uninstall and reinstall. After you do this, you'll need to close the message once more. -Alyssa
      1. Peter
        January 20, 2014 at 10:05am
        @pandorasupport, that's dumb! It updated the app from one that was working perfectly and now you're saying that I have to uninstall and re-install just to get rid of the annoying message? Not impressed.
      2. User
        February 25, 2014 at 5:39am
        Or.... You can fix your stupid App if you want us to keep using it. Because that's what you do... For a living. You know?
  28. Brittany
    January 06, 2014 at 11:12pm
    I just switched from Android to Windows Phone and was loving the sleep feature on my Pandora radio pretty bummed to learn that Pandora doesn't offer any of these great new updates on Windows Phone, maybe sometime in the near future the Windows Phones will support these great new updates as well? *fingers crossed* Love Pandora :)
  29. Mary
    January 07, 2014 at 9:02pm
    Plz make it on iPad,......and so the screen dosnt have to too be on all night
  30. David
    January 09, 2014 at 6:31pm
    IPAD!
  31. Ralksnitis (@alksnitis)
    January 09, 2014 at 6:37pm
    I have a feeling that leaving Pandora alarm clock activated i am experiencing spike in battery drain on my nexus 5. This sensors.qcom, that i have never seen before, appeared and chewed 20% of my battery in few hours. After disabling alarm clock option i have notice reduction in battery drain. Am i the only one experiencing this issue?
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 10, 2014 at 5:32pm
      @Ralksnitis Check in with our Listener Advocates for some help: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  32. Destinee
    January 12, 2014 at 10:55pm
    It would be amazingly helpful for many people ( including myself) if all devices could have the alarm clock and not just iphone. So many more people would be able to enjoy Pandora a lot more if we could wake up to it on all devices. I know I would love it if I could have Pandora on my Android. I guess I will have to go elsewhere for an alarm.
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 17, 2014 at 5:27pm
      @Destinee The alarm is available on Android. Find out how to access it here: http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/1405670. -Alyssa
  33. PandoraSupport
    January 17, 2014 at 5:25pm
    @Mary @David I'll note your request for iPad alarm. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. -Alyssa
    1. keegsemag@gmail.com
      January 26, 2014 at 10:26pm
      Please let us know when the alarm is available for the iPad. Thanks!
  34. Bridget
    January 17, 2014 at 11:31pm
    I am soo lookin forward to the Android version! I can't wait for it to happen! Plz hurry :)
  35. Josh
    January 20, 2014 at 1:35pm
    Mike, What a great idea! I wish someone would have thought about this earlier.... Oh wait I did! Even though I blogged, and sent emails about a Pandora alarm clock years ago I'm glad you guys finally came out with one. Maybe you guys can catch up to some of my other suggestions that would be great. Lol Anyways, thanks I really needed this function. Keep up the good work.
  36. Julio
    January 22, 2014 at 7:13pm
    ATTENTION PRODUCT MANAGER: Turn off the damn splash screen promoting this once a person has seen it or has actually used the feature!!!!! Every time I launch Pandora on my Galaxy S4, I get the splash screen and have to click, "Continue to Pandora". OK, I got it. Stop showing it.
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 06, 2014 at 9:25am
      @Jullio Try this: http://pdora.co/androidpandora. After closing the notification once more, you shouldn't see it again. -Alyssa
    2. David
      February 20, 2014 at 6:45am
      I have a Galaxy S4 and I cannot turn the splash screen off. I've tried setting the alarm and then deactivating it. No luck. It's extremely annoying. Dismissing the notification does not work. Please give this back UAT for more testing. I'm praying for the next update to make this go away. This is the equivalent of smartphone nagging. Supremely annoying and borderline dangerous when on the road. PLEASE FIX!
  37. Bill
    January 23, 2014 at 12:37pm
    I'd really love to be able to permanently dismiss the notification about the alarm clock when Pandora starts! I *know* there is a new alarm clock function on the Android app, stop telling me.
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 30, 2014 at 4:18pm
      @Bill This will dismiss the notification: https://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/24288-trouble-streaming-pandora-on-android. After those steps, you'll close it out once more then be set. -Alyssa
      1. Joe Fiorelli
        February 07, 2014 at 11:03am
        Hello Alyssa, This didn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks!
  38. brian
    January 24, 2014 at 10:33am
    I like the features of alarm clock and sleep timer. I just wish the alarm clock notification wouldnt pop up everytime I use pandora. Its annoying. I tried to fix this in the notices part of the settings. No luck. Only a minor gripe, keep up the good work guys and gals. Brian
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 30, 2014 at 4:20pm
      @Brian To dismiss the notification follow these steps: https://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/24288-trouble-streaming-pandora-on-android. After those steps, you'll close it out once more then be set. Sorry for any inconvenience. -Alyssa
  39. Jocelyn
    January 26, 2014 at 8:09am
    My brother and I were just discussing this app the other day, I have and iPhone and he has an Android. When I told him about how bummed I was about having the leave the screen on overnight, he seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. Also when he opened his up I noticed that he has his alarm set for weekdays. The Android's ability to a) not have to leave the all open (or screen on) and b) set a frequency makes the iPhone's system look quite insignificant, if not obsolete, in comparison.
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 30, 2014 at 4:17pm
      This is a limitation of Apple. Sorry for any inconvenience. -Alyssa
  40. Bob
    January 27, 2014 at 3:05pm
    Please put it on the iPad!
  41. Daryl
    January 28, 2014 at 10:43am
    Is there a way to remove this "Wake up with Pandora" splash screen from the Android app? I keep seeing it EVERY TIME I LAUNCH PANDORA!
    1. Daryl
      January 28, 2014 at 10:53am
      Nevermind. I followed the steps here and it's now gone. https://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/24288-trouble-streaming-pandora-on-android TL:DR; just delete and reinstall the app.
  42. Nafa Azzahra
    January 31, 2014 at 4:39pm
    good morning
  43. Jeff
    January 31, 2014 at 9:23pm
    PLEASE - no more political ads, right - or left - wing. I listen to music in part to escape politics. If you insist it is necessary and/or your 1st Amendment right, fine, I will not be using Pandora any more.
  44. Jnna
    February 03, 2014 at 8:18pm
    Hurry up with ipad!!!
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 06, 2014 at 9:15am
      @JNNA Our engineers are working on it. Stay tuned! -Alyssa
  45. metalpuppy
    February 06, 2014 at 11:32am
    It's very annoying that the pandora app displays an ad for the alarm clock every. single. time. you open it. I don't want the pandora alarm clock. Is there a way to disable that ad in pandora?
    1. Billydabiller lundig
      February 08, 2014 at 1:49pm
      I need that pop up off
    2. PandoraSupport
      February 10, 2014 at 5:34pm
      @Metalpuppy Please try this: http://pdora.co/androidpandora. After closing the notification once more, you shouldn't see it again. -Alyssa
      1. Jay
        February 16, 2014 at 1:32pm
        The ad pops up every time I start the app. I am glad that you added this feature but I don't need to be notified every time I open Pandora.
  46. rosebud8827 (@rosebud8827)
    February 06, 2014 at 11:53am
    This would be good for Windows too!!
    1. Billydabiller lundig
      February 07, 2014 at 10:14am
      How do I get the pop up off my phone telling me about the alarm clock?
  47. billy
    February 06, 2014 at 4:11pm
    I pay for no advertising and get what now I have that lamp reminder and have to press ever time i turn on pandora how do I remove that ?
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 10, 2014 at 5:33pm
      @Billy @Billydabiller Try this: http://pdora.co/androidpandora. After closing the notification once more, you shouldn't see it again. -Alyssa
  48. PandoraSupport
    February 07, 2014 at 10:54am
    @Metalpuppy @Billy Try this: http://pdora.co/androidpandora. After closing the notification once more, you shouldn't see it again. -Alyssa
    1. metalpuppy
      February 07, 2014 at 7:21pm
      Followed the instructions listed (for anyone else that has this issue, it basically tells you to uninstall and re-install pandora) and so far so good! Thanks for the help.
  49. dennis
    February 14, 2014 at 6:18am
    I want that annoying wake up to Pandora add to stop . I paid to avoid advertisements I don't want to have to hit the button every time I open Pandora and say no thanks, so no thanks, please make it go away
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 14, 2014 at 11:52am
      @Dennis Sorry for the inconvenience. Try this: http://pdora.co/androidpandora. After closing the notification once more, you shouldn't see it again. -Alyssa
  50. Michael Bussdieker
    February 17, 2014 at 5:08am
    The alarm worked great for the first 2 or 3 days, but now it tells me that my session has timed out. I haven't played it at all for it to time out. Haven't done anything differently to the settings. Running on Kindle Fire HD. What could possibly be the issue?
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 18, 2014 at 9:49am
      @Michael Shoot an email to Pandora Support. They can help you out: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )