As Pandora works to fulfill its mission to completely reinvent radio, we are always working on new ways to seamlessly deliver the best personalized radio experience in every possible listening environment.

Today, we’re excited to share that Pandora is now available on Chromecast, Google’s new TV-connected device that wirelessly delivers online audio and video entertainment to the biggest screen in the home.

pandora_chromecast_nowplaying_tvOwners of Chromecast can now wirelessly stream or Cast Pandora directly to the TV, using their smartphone or tablet as the remote control. Core Pandora functionality, such as Play, Pause, Thumb and Skip are all easily controlled via your mobile device for a seamless listening experience. The Pandora experience is delivered directly from the cloud to your TV, so once you send your favorite station to your TV, your mobile device is no longer required to keep the music going.

This launch is particularly exciting for us because it is a testament to the investment we made earlier this year in our platform. We believe the model of web standards-based apps running on the TV, controlled by a smartphone or tablet, is the winning formula for powering second screen experiences. The framework we built with allows us to quickly evolve the “10 foot” experience of Pandora with greater flexibility and speed than ever before.

Owners of the Chromecast device can start casting Pandora today by downloading version 5.0 of our Android or iOS mobile app via Google Play and the App Store. Just use the Cast button in the standard Pandora app to trigger one-touch streaming of your favorite personalized radio stations to your TV via Chromecast. Chromecast support is currently available for all Android smartphones and tablets in addition to iPhones, with support for iPads coming soon.

We hope you enjoy Pandora on Chromecast as much as we’ve enjoyed building it and as always, please let us know what you think.

Happy listening!

1. Jim
    November 02, 2013 at 1:08am
    Been waiting for this and it works well ... except for one thing ... it desperately needs a screen saver feature to prevent the constantly displayed text ie: the "Pandora" logo and my email address from burning into my expensive plasma TV. Here's hoping this feature is added ASAP !!
    1. Jake
      November 06, 2013 at 8:38am
      Super agree! The Chromecast's home screen and the Google Play Mobile App have a great screen saver that moves the text and photos enough to not burn in.
      1. Rodney Malin
        November 17, 2013 at 11:01am
        The Pandora apps on my Panasonic TV and DirecTV receiver both have screensavers. Odd omission. Maybe it's coming later.
    2. Jonathan Sadowski
      November 12, 2013 at 9:04am
      Hear, hear! I'm afraid to use the Pandora application because I'm worried about screen burn.
    3. Ben
      December 23, 2013 at 5:04pm
      Yes! Definitely needs burn in protection!
    4. riwaco
      December 25, 2013 at 6:04am
      After the third song or so on the same station, the screensaver kicks in.
  2. Michael Baker (@bakerbabble)
    November 03, 2013 at 1:01am
    Pandora® radio for Google TV app is not compatible with Asus Nexus 7. Curious omission for version 5.0 of Android mobile app not to work with a Google tablet.
    1. Bill Damon
      November 08, 2013 at 7:52pm
      Maybe they've updated the Pandora app since then. I just tried it on the Nexus 7 and it works!
  3. Rodney Malin
    November 03, 2013 at 8:41am
    Please tell me you have or will eventually have a screensaver option for that app. As the owner of a plasma tv, this app is worthless without it.
  4. ritacolendrew
    November 06, 2013 at 5:35am
    Now this looks like a nice new feature folks!!!
  5. Jake
    November 06, 2013 at 8:40am
    Great idea Pandora! Thanks for this!
  6. Rosanna
    November 09, 2013 at 10:16pm
    Much o love
  7. Rosanna
    November 09, 2013 at 10:17pm
    I love
  8. fan
    November 14, 2013 at 8:02am
    I love the app but would like to use my pc to chrome cast via Chrome browser exstension.
    1. Grant Garber
      November 27, 2013 at 4:28pm
      I was super excited as well to hear about this feature being added to Pandora, and was considering upgrading to the no-ad so it would play on my TV. It's a bummer, that it isn't a browser option yet! Maybe someday!
      1. Benjamin
        February 08, 2014 at 7:24pm
        There is a "work-around." If you adopt chrome as your browser, you can cast pandora from that browser using the chrome extension. I would must rather see a pandora cast button on the pandora desktop app tho!
  9. Stephan Meyer-Ewald
    November 26, 2013 at 8:44pm
    Really likeed the Chromecast experience of Pandora when it came out a few weeks ago. The clean UI/display on the TV is so much more pleasant than other Music services. This clearly biased my listening habits towards Pandora. I was very disappointed when I saw today that there is now seemingly a different, updated Pandora "player" on the Chromecast. Not particularly useful, not as clean and the constantly changing position of the image is more than a bit annoying. Could I get the previous version back?
  10. David
    November 28, 2013 at 2:09pm
    Please add a screensaver! This is a great so for chromecast but I can't use it without a screensaver!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )