Today we’re excited to share that Pandora is now available in more than 100 car models.

This exciting milestone has been the result of an extensive engineering and business effort we have had underway for the past several years, establishing partnerships with 23 of the world’s best-known automotive brands and 8 aftermarket manufacturers to provide a steady stream of vehicle launches and aftermarket systems that integrate Pandora for a completely redefined radio experience in the car.

Through the connectivity of a smartphone, these integrations shift the popular controls of the Pandora service – like station selection and thumbs feedback – from the phone into the vehicle dashboard, which makes listening to personalized radio in the car as easy as AM/FM radio.

We’re delighted that millions of you are already enjoying Pandora through these integrations today and our ambition is to one day have Pandora seamlessly integrated into every model of every car. We’re making significant progress against this goal; we estimate that one-third of all new cars sold in 2013 in the US will have Pandora installed.

You may have seen Pandora featured in TV commercials from a variety of automotive brands and in case you’re in the market for a new ride or are retrofitting your sound system, check out the below infographic to learn more or visit https://www.pandora.com/everywhere/auto for a full list of Pandora auto integrations.

BD_infographic-0624133The car is the traditional home of radio and we hope each of you has the opportunity to enjoy personalized radio in the car. It’s a simple, yet transformational experience!

Comments

1. Carlis Burns
    June 25, 2013 at 7:17am
    Now if only you could work with cell phone carriers so I could use Pandora without eating my data plan...or launch that much needed satellite...or buy real estate on a satellite. You could knock out XMSirrus quickly. :) But as it stands, I cannot use Pandora in my vehicle for fear of overages. I'm sure most will just suggest I change carriers. lol
    1. David Buckley
      February 13, 2014 at 4:14pm
      Exactly. My sentiments precisely.
    2. Cyndi Singh
      June 26, 2015 at 7:33am
      I know its the stupidest idea ever!!! I'm not going to waste my data for this! Wish there was a way to take it off my car stereo!!!
    3. Cory
      December 01, 2015 at 10:30am
      I agree, Pandora could really take over xmsirrus or give it a good run. But the dumbest thing about this is the user is still using their phone. Still using phone data and phone battery. Why not just stick with BlueTooth or audio jack for device connection and instead of spending this kind of marketing effort work on the backlog and improve the product?
  2. neita
    June 25, 2013 at 4:14pm
    Its cool
  3. Jodi
    June 25, 2013 at 6:37pm
    I can't believe I just listened to Pandora comedy stations (2000's and Today) for 12 hours and I didn't hear a single female comedian. Bullshit.
  4. Davi Alves
    June 29, 2013 at 3:19pm
    And Brazil?? We also want to listen to Pandora. Davi Sao Paulo / Brazil
  5. Lesllie
    August 01, 2013 at 2:06pm
    No se donde poder comunicar esto pero me encanta Pandora Radio, pero deseo dejar un comment sobre artista Abraham Velazquez es musica sacra en español y cuando añado su estacion la pusieron con musica en ingles por favor hagan el cambio lo pueden poner con tercer cielo, con Danny Berrios pero por favor no con musica en ingles. Gracias
  6. Gen Smith
    August 18, 2013 at 4:27pm
    My new car and my new smart phone will both cooperate with me listening to Pandora in my car. Unfortunately my pockebook will not cooperate! I can't afford the data it would take to do that!
  7. David Buckley
    February 13, 2014 at 4:14pm
    Yep. Less than no interest in streaming anything over Verizon data plan, ever.
  8. tumblr.com
    March 21, 2014 at 5:03pm
    If only I was able to process ideas faster. Would like to get set up a web site such as this.
  9. http://funnylookingcars.tumblr.com/tagged/james-may
    March 21, 2014 at 5:06pm
    Yep, 100 % agree. You might have hit the nail on the head completely
  10. http://my-amazing-car-blog.tumblr.com/tagged/aston-martin
    June 18, 2014 at 5:30pm
    Yes, totally agreee. You have hit the nail on the head.
  11. Joanna
    July 31, 2014 at 8:27am
    I have just started using Pandora and really like the service. But when I used it in my car for an hour this morning, it went through something like a gigabyte of data on my data plan! What can I do to use Pandora in my car without bankrupting myself? Otherwise, I'll have to stick with XM.
  12. Bradley Michael
    December 27, 2015 at 7:10am
    Pandora is a great Feature. I really love this service.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )