One of the admirable things about traditional radio is that it is truly ubiquitous – from kitchens and bedside tables to automobiles and coffee shops, wherever you go, radio is there. As Pandora works to fulfill its mission to completely reinvent radio, we too must seamlessly deliver Pandora to every possible listening environment.

tv pandora com 3 (2)One particularly important venue is the living room. As consumers embraced flat screen TV’s and home theater speakers, the center of gravity for music in the home shifted from the family stereo to the television. Pandora connected with this trend early and to date more than 10 million listeners have enjoyed Pandora on their internet-connected television.

Today we’re excited to announce the next generation of Pandora for the living room: tv.pandora.com. This is an entirely new experience designed from the ground up for your television and remote control. This new initiative is standards-based and embraces next generation TV, game console, and set top box architectures that support open web standards. Today tv.pandora.com runs perfectly from the browser in your existing XBox 360, and the system will spread to other environments as more vendors bring standards-compliant TV’s and set top boxes to market in the coming months. It’s also a completely new approach which will allow us to evolve the “10 foot” experience of Pandora with greater flexibility and speed than ever before.

We’re still in the early stages of a transition to a world where all of the devices we interact with throughout the day – our TV’s, our stereos, our refrigerators, our cars, our watches, our eyeglasses — are all connected to the internet. This then begs the questions: how will developers create applications for this incredibly diverse set of devices? We think the answer can be web standards. The world doesn’t need more proprietary platforms fragmenting the innovative efforts of developers everywhere. The PC world was transformed by the emergence of the standards-based web twenty years ago, and we think the same solution will serve to unify the coming “Internet of things.” tv.pandora.com, and the new platform from which it was built, is our first step to lead the industry down this path. We hope you enjoy it; let us know what you think in the comments below.

Comments

1. JOSHUA
    June 05, 2013 at 5:48am
    HOW CAN I GET PANDORA TV ON MY PS3????
    1. Brittany
      July 24, 2014 at 7:12pm
      This should help you! http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/1172447-pandora-on-playstation
      1. Felicia
        August 27, 2014 at 6:17pm
        I did this process on my ps3 and it worked fine, but now all I get is silence and a loading pin wheel when I select a station to listen to
    2. PandoraSupport
      August 28, 2014 at 8:26am
      @Felicia Our support team would be happy to help you out. Please reach out to them here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
      1. Bernadette
        January 15, 2015 at 2:31pm
        Mine does the same thing.
  2. Richard Gunther
    June 05, 2013 at 6:15am
    Is there a way to force TV mode in a browser? The use case I'm thinking of is other 10ft interfaces with browsers, the Wii, the PS3, Windows Media Center, and pretty much any home theater PC. I co-host a weekly show about Microsoft entertainment technology, and we often get questions about integrating Pandora with HTPCs.
  3. Rohan Mayers
    June 05, 2013 at 7:32am
    Ok, I found a workaround. When you are at the login screen, click I am new the Pandora and use the code to sign in instead of your user name and password.
    1. catie
      April 15, 2015 at 6:40am
      Thank you SO MUCH!!!! Pandora help desk did not tell me to do this. They just advised using the steps on the website.... your the best!!!!
  4. Alex
    June 05, 2013 at 7:40am
    Good
  5. Travis
    June 05, 2013 at 7:46am
    Love the interface, but I'd really like to run this on my HTPC... is that something that's going to be possible?
  6. Rich
    June 05, 2013 at 8:27am
    If I have Pandora one will the bit rate be 192Kb for tv.pandora.com? Or will it be 128?
    1. Rich
      June 06, 2013 at 4:42am
      Seems it streams to the PS3 with 128K MP3's. Please tell me what the purpose of a Pandora One account is if I cannot stream high quality music to my home entertainment system??? Listening on a PC is not what most of us do. Thanks, Rich
  7. Ed
    June 05, 2013 at 8:28am
    Why limit it to consoles? Some of us use regular Windows machines as their media systems. Let us view the new interface in any browser.
  8. Chris
    June 05, 2013 at 11:14am
    FINALLY!
  9. Ellis Benus
    June 05, 2013 at 12:47pm
    I'm confused. So this isn't a different interface for PC's which are hooked to televisions?
  10. Sean Dillon
    June 05, 2013 at 2:00pm
    I am very curious how you pulled this off. I didn't think the XBox's browser supported streaming audio with it's html5 audio tag, and it doesn't support plugins, either...?
  11. Scott Reston
    June 06, 2013 at 6:05am
    I have a computer connected to my TV. Is there a way that I can view the TV interface for Pandora on a non-Xbox PC?
  12. baltazar
    June 07, 2013 at 7:34am
    amo apandora esla megor
  13. Tucker
    June 08, 2013 at 6:22pm
    This display mode looks very nice. Will this full-screen option be available from PCs? I use my PC for all TV related things, and it would be kinda nice to have this.
  14. M
    June 12, 2013 at 2:40pm
    Ok, before this Pandora worked fine on both my 360 and ps3. Now Pandora does not work on my ps3. I fail to see the logic in trying to fix what was not broken.
  15. Paul
    June 16, 2013 at 4:24pm
    I've been a user since pandora first started. I recently signed up for a year of pandora one because I love it so much. My favorite thing is to listen to it on my ps3 through my Bose system. HOWEVER it does not work now. A little upset. Please fix ASAP.
  16. Steve Arbour
    June 16, 2013 at 6:56pm
    What the hell did you guys do? I feel like I'm using an entirely different program. It pissed my fiance and I off so badly that we just hooked up our laptop to the TV so we can actually control our music. We got Pandora One for the customization options and for better music control, and this completely upended everything. Why would you fix what wasn't even remotely broken? I can't see what station it's playing on shuffle. I can't pick what I want on shuffle. All the song/artist info is gone.I have next to no options AT ALL. I didn't pay a bunch of money to lose everything and have it turn into a broken Windows Media Player. We've loved you guys forever, but this change is a joke. Please give us the option to use the actual website and not whatever this is.
  17. hobster
    June 20, 2013 at 5:41am
    Wut. Pandora??? Radiio? Pandora is not a radoi, its a recommendation systen that works like a radio because of the way it works. Like those guys that complain with last.fm saying "I dont care about showing what I listen to others", but last.fm is not about that, its about recommendations, it need the scrobble stuff because the way it recommendation system works.
  18. Cherylpotts
    July 01, 2013 at 4:52pm
    Thanx
  19. Sam Kirby (@wizduden64)
    July 02, 2013 at 2:43pm
    For those who want to do it in IE9/10 on Windows Vista/7/8, I figured out a solution from the Microsoft website. It's well known developer information. It will change IE's user agent to make the browser look like an Xbox: 1.Press F12. 2.Click Tools, select Change user agent string, and then click Custom…. 3.In the Friendly Name field, type "Xbox: desktop, CV off". 4.In the User Agent String field, type "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; Xbox)". 5.Click Add. 6.Click Set. Also if you are using IE10, in the F12 menu, change your "Browser Mode" to Internet Explorer 9. That worked on a PC for me.
  20. Neal
    July 19, 2013 at 4:40pm
    Please give us an option to opt out of the gimped TV version of the site on an Xbox. I have all this modern tech, but companies want to force me to use a watered down version of the real thing for various reasons. I can opt out of mobile versions of sites on my phone. I want that capability on my TV.
  21. Jose Alejandro Batista
    July 20, 2013 at 3:02pm
    Awesome! I can now listen to pandora without my ps3 skipping after awhile. Definitely like the new interface as well!
  22. Debi
    August 19, 2013 at 11:11am
    I absolutely love it! I've used it since June and it keeps the kids from wasting their summer watching TV. They spend more time dancing stupid and actually cleaning up their messes! Thank You so Much!
  23. Mickey Valentine
    August 20, 2013 at 4:58pm
    Oh would you look at that. It works. Why? How? Mr. Conrad, include instructions on the HTML5 site. I am not new to Pandora so my first choice of the two buttons will be "I already have a Pandora account" not "I am new" or whatever it says. Instead make two buttons that read, "log in" and "activate this device" since that is the process any who. Thank you. And please update it soon so you will not have any ,more complaints.
  24. Michele in Progress
    January 06, 2014 at 7:07am
    Any idea when this might be available for wii u?
  25. Don
    January 15, 2014 at 5:49pm
    Yeah this really sucks. I never had any problems with the old app but I can't get this one to run to save my life.
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 17, 2014 at 5:12pm
      @Don please shoot an email to Pandora Support. They can help you out: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
      1. ruby
        January 21, 2014 at 4:47pm
        can't get pandora on my samsung for tv.
  26. PandoraSupport
    January 22, 2014 at 8:56am
    @Ruby Please get in touch with our Listener Support Team for technical help: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  27. Brian
    July 05, 2014 at 12:31pm
    How disappointing, I was really excited when I saw this. Unfortunately, this does not work on my PS4, it simply gives me an error code and will not load the page at all. This is very disheartening, since currently the PS4 has no pandora app, and with it being my media console in my living room, it leaves me with very little options for music. Pandora has always been my go to, but now almost a year after the PS4 was released, still nothing. Please get a PS4 app out there soon!
    1. PandoraSupport
      July 21, 2014 at 2:52pm
      @Brian Thanks for your patience while we work on the PS4 implementation. -Alyssa
      1. Rich
        July 21, 2014 at 4:14pm
        Many of us are waiting "patiently" for this.... :-D
  28. Luis
    July 20, 2014 at 3:36pm
    Any chance of letting PC users use the HTML 5 interface?
  29. Anthony
    February 19, 2015 at 7:38pm
    Y'all should make a Pandora radio app for the ps4
  30. andrea
    April 06, 2015 at 1:27pm
    I want to find out how to connect pandora to tv Samsung
    1. PandoraSupport
      April 07, 2015 at 9:36am
      Hi Andrea! Our support team can get you connected - shoot us an email and we can get you squared away: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  31. wileepyote
    May 07, 2015 at 12:23pm
    How do I force the ps3 to use the standard website? I hate this layout. Not to mention I don't think I'm getting my higher quality streaming from my one account. I'd rather use the full website.
  32. chalethia king
    May 12, 2015 at 11:38am
    Pandora is not working on my PlayStation . its loading too long. Help please!
  33. jeremy
    December 30, 2015 at 4:41pm
    why cant we view this on a wii u?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )