We are very excited to announce today that Pandora has reached 200 million registered listeners!

When we launched http://www.pandora.com in 2005, we hoped to create a new way to discover and enjoy music that was completely personalized for each and every listener.  We envisioned a time when artists of all kinds would thrive on radio, connecting with fans who loved exactly their kind of music.

I have to admit, we had no idea what was in store! It has been, and continues to be, an extraordinary experience for all of us.

A hallmark of these years has been the steady stream of amazing stories from our listeners, whether they got engaged while listening to Pandora, mourned the passing of a loved one, or celebrated a special life milestone.

Have a Pandora story to share with us on this special occasion? We’d love to hear it.

PD_20mil_Milestone_Infographics_FINAL v4

Comments

1. Delmy
    April 20, 2013 at 11:43am
    I love pandora my days are more easy exelent music for me pandora is the bess thank you :)
  2. p g
    April 20, 2013 at 2:52pm
    thanks to the new 40 hour free limit imposed on listeners ihave discovered new alternatives to pandora. I dont understand how listening to pandora at home over my wifi is considered mobile listening.
    1. Bernie Mac
      April 24, 2013 at 3:47am
      Love the time limit I almost never use it any more and usually turn it off before first add (remove the mobile cap ) . Worst idea u ever had .... u were an innovator making iPods useless. now u have created something as use full as a zune ....... My whole work place has switched to I |heart radio
  3. jack Farmer
    April 20, 2013 at 5:53pm
    j farm :77 year old man with out hearing aid loves music music is pandora.
  4. dalila
    April 20, 2013 at 7:45pm
    Congratulations, really glad u invented it! Excellent idea! Especially 4 those people who r like me w/ estatic taste in music and their music choice depends on their mood
  5. dharmendra vyas
    April 21, 2013 at 4:55am
    thank you for making my long car trip enjoyable by continuous interesting Indian classical music .i enjoy without going sleep on wheel. also my wife can sleep peacefully while listening our favorite music on Pandora, it is blessing..keep up adding more songs .you are my favorite station, wish you more success.break all previous records all the time in future. god bless.
    1. dharmendra vyas
      April 21, 2013 at 5:01am
      i know you will be successful.i bought shares of Pandora.good luck on your success. you rock. ..
  6. jehova
    April 21, 2013 at 6:00am
    Es la mejor
    1. zulma
      May 23, 2013 at 10:17pm
      Thanks you for all you soport like i have mation befor my and my husben Noe just stare like this
  7. Elizabeth Terrazas
    April 21, 2013 at 7:01am
    I love Pandora! It helps me relax, have fun, and get homework done. Needless to say, that Pandora is very versatile and I love it, no matter what the mood! Thank you for you the wonderful music experience!!!
    1. Bebee Sunshine
      April 23, 2013 at 8:53pm
      Now that's being on the same page playing the music like I like it, It's Great !
  8. jaycee
    April 21, 2013 at 11:42am
    I happen to be one of those few people who listen to my pandora station more than the alloted 40 hours a month on my wireless nook. I received an email that informs me I must pay monthly everytime I go over my time limit monthly. I do this about every two weeks. I know that I can listen unlimited free off of a computer, but I don't have one so I use my nook to listen, which is not free. It seems to me that by paying monthly everytime you go over your time is a way of punishing your most loyal listeners. I wish this practice would stop becoming commonplace so I won't be forced to switch to another way of enjoying my favorite music on my nook tablet.
  9. Aaron
    April 21, 2013 at 11:54am
    thank you for making pandora i love listening to it every day even at school so congratz on the 200 million
  10. K
    April 21, 2013 at 1:05pm
    Thank you for All that music we enjoy every day.....:)
  11. alberto arias
    April 21, 2013 at 5:22pm
    Thank to pandota u are making the difference in all around the world . Thank again
  12. Cynthia
    April 21, 2013 at 7:12pm
    Love it!!
  13. vicente leon
    April 21, 2013 at 11:47pm
    well let me thank you guys for that music that I enjoy everyday you guys are really doing a good word you really take me back all the way to Mexico I feel like I'm over there and my little town thank you again I hope you guys keep doing this I know lot of people get really happy like me because witnessing the the music the we like in for that I bet everybody is grateful no I jus me for that I thank you guys again keep it up the good work god bless everybody on your team.............
  14. enzo
    April 22, 2013 at 6:33am
    pandora is great . it would be great if pandora would include a variety of italian music
  15. Diana
    April 22, 2013 at 8:21am
    Creating readio stations based on bands or songs is a brilliant idea. I love it. I have stations for my spinning workout, to play bejeweled, to shop online, or simply to relax sitting still with my eyes closed. I missed the last Panora listener get-together in Miami, FL, but I'd love to attend the next time. It's cool to be in good company such as all Pandora listeners :-)
  16. Jean-Luc
    April 22, 2013 at 11:25am
    For me it is hard to believe it has been that long! I started back in the beginning of 2008! Five years! In any case congrats!
  17. matth
    April 22, 2013 at 12:06pm
    Thanks for all the great music and memories. You have done a wonderful thing for musicians and people that love to spend time in relaxation and meditation. I am grateful for your musical insight. Matthew in Colorado
  18. Mark Bynum
    April 22, 2013 at 1:37pm
    I Love Pandora On My Computer,IPad & My IPhone I Really Love It Around Christmas Time I Think Of My Father & Mother A Lot Christmas Songs The Old Ones,Make Me Think Of Them A Lot Thanks Pandora.
  19. Carol Savoca
    April 22, 2013 at 3:20pm
    I love it I alway play it there's so many choices for everyone love it all its the best !!!
  20. SheAh Prince Eternal
    April 22, 2013 at 10:04pm
    Pandora is absolutely incredible. I listen to it day and night. I appreciate the variety in the music offered and the consistency of being able to listen to it anywhere. The diversity is flawless. Many thanks to Tim and all the staff.
  21. agatha
    April 23, 2013 at 7:27am
    I am an oldie goldie fan and i love to listen it every day remember my young days i am an old lady now and i am still an oldie goldie freak, thanks to you.i am enjoying it.Oh sometimes can you give a little Gospel songs i love to listen to it too.
  22. Amaya Thompson
    April 24, 2013 at 6:00pm
    Thnx but Y Do u have a monthly limit now I thought u guys were supposed to be free I guess not then
  23. Saul Rojas
    April 25, 2013 at 5:51pm
    I love your pandora music bilingual cristian Chanel it gives me peace joy through out the days relaxes me through the nite
  24. Copper
    April 25, 2013 at 8:13pm
    Wait did everybody get the thx to u 200million users joined Pandora?!?!?!?
  25. Joke5
    April 26, 2013 at 2:01am
    I love the service - I have found many interesting artists while listening to Pandora that I would probably never discovered otherwise. I hate the service - it does not work in all countries of the world and sometimes gets the geo targeting wrong. How is that possible, that YouTube can show their content everywhere but Pandora cannot... I think you guys need to hire better lawyers. :)
  26. Indira Sierra
    April 27, 2013 at 12:07pm
    I loved pandora, beautiful music, is abosulutely, incredible music, bring me to younger days of life. I encourage everybody to listen to this wonderful oldies music. Thank you Pandora.
  27. magdalena vireugas
    April 27, 2013 at 5:38pm
    me gusta mucho esta estacion sobre todo porque la escucho en el trabajo y tiene la musuca qiue megusta en espanol gracias
  28. alondra
    April 28, 2013 at 8:24am
    Hey guys pandora is awesome but now youre charging for music every month and maybe if someone creates something similar as pandora for free we all will be switching. I honestly think that if you wouldnt charge this website and app will be the best ever in the whole world bc im a big fan!
    1. sarai zarate
      May 03, 2013 at 2:45pm
      I agree
  29. Kayla
    April 28, 2013 at 10:59am
    Well I love Laura Marano and Ross Lynch so as long as their playing somewhere on a statiokn and other places I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!!!!!!!
  30. glenda hipps
    April 30, 2013 at 6:45am
    I enjoy listens to pandora: I love that I could listen to all the music I like& enjoy thanks to u I get a chance to here my reggea classic.:):) dancehall, reggeaton, & more. Pandora is the best.
  31. Froilan corona
    April 30, 2013 at 10:16pm
    I love pandora, without it my day wouldn't be fun. I listen to pandora everyday, everywhere and anytime I want to listen to music. Thank you Tim Westergren
  32. sarai zarate
    May 03, 2013 at 2:43pm
    I hate the limit time , im a teenager and i usually use pandora to listen to music because its easier than to download them its to much hassle if there not the right songs . I go over my limit in less two weeks because it is a great to listen to music , so i listen to pandora every day and night before i go to sleep.
  33. alicia
    May 11, 2013 at 9:37pm
    I listen to music all day long; and I listen to it when i go to bed at night.
  34. Rosie Guerrero
    May 13, 2013 at 7:57am
    Happy that we are able to customize our own music, taste, artist or genre. Everyone has different taste. I love Rock N Roll, Classical, Country Rock, Easy Listening, Jazz, Soul, Disco, and even Mexican Music. Pandora has every type of music for just about every taste I can possibly try. Thanks for the variety. I am not disappointed and I love the fact that we can also shuffle the music, that's a definite plus. Love Pandora...I am not a fan of ITunes.
  35. Leo
    May 15, 2013 at 5:52pm
    Es muy buena esta página
  36. Abel Emilio Flores Sanchez
    May 18, 2013 at 8:26am
    Escoger PANDORA, YA ES MUCHO Y GRACIAS
  37. Francisco Marconi
    June 12, 2013 at 4:45am
    IT is the best.
  38. gary swilley
    August 19, 2013 at 7:21am
    Love Pandora, but please stop with the political propaganda.
    1. Jerome Russell
      August 20, 2013 at 8:14am
      LovePandora.. JustSay-N..:-)

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )