We are very excited to announce today that Pandora has reached 200 million registered listeners!

When we launched http://www.pandora.com in 2005, we hoped to create a new way to discover and enjoy music that was completely personalized for each and every listener.  We envisioned a time when artists of all kinds would thrive on radio, connecting with fans who loved exactly their kind of music.

I have to admit, we had no idea what was in store! It has been, and continues to be, an extraordinary experience for all of us.

A hallmark of these years has been the steady stream of amazing stories from our listeners, whether they got engaged while listening to Pandora, mourned the passing of a loved one, or celebrated a special life milestone.

Have a Pandora story to share with us on this special occasion? We’d love to hear it.

PD_20mil_Milestone_Infographics_FINAL v4

Comments

1. Irene R Henrichs
    April 18, 2013 at 9:23am
    Thank You !for making Pandora a station we can listen to every day!
  2. Sam Smith
    April 18, 2013 at 9:26am
    congratulations! I really do thank you for your invention, I am a big fan of gangster rap music. Most stations don't play that kind of music, but you do now that's Gangsta!!!!!! Keep up the good work.thx
  3. Gilda
    April 18, 2013 at 9:39am
    I love listening to pandora drive to work or just crusing brings back good memories i set to music i enjoy and sit back
  4. JorgeRivera
    April 18, 2013 at 9:41am
    Here inSan Jjuan Puerto Ri o. many people use Pandora everywhere, is exelent, Congratulations keep goin...
  5. Andrea Flores
    April 18, 2013 at 9:56am
    Thanks for your !!Fab Pandora just great, everywhere...
  6. Clara
    April 18, 2013 at 9:56am
    Thanks, You make my days happy.
  7. Alice Heyman
    April 18, 2013 at 9:58am
    Congratulations! I discovered Pandora when a manager at work played the station & I heard "somewhere over the rainbow" sung by IZ may you grow in listeners and joy, thank you!
  8. Toya Sims
    April 18, 2013 at 10:03am
    I love Pandora, it is very inspirational to me in my life . It help me get through anything; traveling, exercising or just walking. Thank you Mr. Tim
  9. Isabel Sanchez
    April 18, 2013 at 10:18am
    I love pandora & wouldn't mind paying the subscription price, but I have six kids & if I pay for it they want it also that's to much money . You should have a general subscription that one fee covers a household or as many devices. Thanks but I have to start looking elsewhere
    1. Chris Boice
      April 18, 2013 at 6:38pm
      I have 5 kids. I bought it for me. They will have to wait until they get a job!
    2. Ron
      April 19, 2013 at 9:55am
      You can use one subscription over as many devices as you want to.
  10. eddie boe
    April 18, 2013 at 10:32am
    I have always loved Pandora.. Pandora, you are the best..
    1. marcos
      April 18, 2013 at 10:56am
      la mejor
  11. Amanda
    April 18, 2013 at 10:42am
    I just want to say thank you for making Pandora. I get to listen to all sorts of music. I love it. I wish i could get it in my car. I would pay for a membership then. I have satellite in my car and I don't like it. I would rather have Pandora. Any way you can help me with that.
    1. Diane Lee
      April 18, 2013 at 2:55pm
      You can get it on your phone and use your car speakers. That's what I do!
  12. Elsie Herald
    April 18, 2013 at 10:57am
    it has been wonderful for me to have Pandora. I will always be thankful .
  13. Teresa MacLachlan
    April 18, 2013 at 10:58am
    I crave, fiend, n starve for pandora... I withdraw witbout it.......i basically cant live without it,......cuz my 22yr. Old has it on til he goes to work....nnnnnn then iiiiiii have it on while i clean after he leaves....addicted, just plain addicted! If i had to give up all my vises n keep only one it would pandora.
  14. Jennifer Denning
    April 18, 2013 at 11:31am
    There are some days where i find myself hearing a certain song in my brain playing over and over again in the same repeated chorus, and i HAVE to put Pandora on to find it or block it out.. Seriously, Pandora keeps me from going crazy!! I love the different styles, and the like or dislike options, the fact that i can find a band immediately, and not have to dig trough my thousands of missing CDs.. You guys rock my world!! Thank you for being here..
  15. Ever Mejía
    April 18, 2013 at 11:33am
    is very good and only now is gaining
    1. rennellgriffin
      April 22, 2013 at 8:58am
      Thanks to pandora I can listen to all the music you can;t find in stores anymore. The good thing about this stations is that you can listen to anything that you want to . I love this station
  16. Mariano
    April 18, 2013 at 11:46am
    the Best!!!! love PANDORA, I'm grateful to be part of this congratulations!
  17. Stanky Lanky
    April 18, 2013 at 11:47am
    PANDORA! Is the Shi*!!!!
  18. Lisa P
    April 18, 2013 at 11:49am
    I like the fact that i don't have to take up space w my music, use Pandora instead. Am 50 & can find "my generation's" music to work out to, with lots of variety. Great, innovative invention! Thank you.
  19. Pawl0
    April 18, 2013 at 12:07pm
    apply pandora to all world so u will get a lot more people
  20. Julio Mateo
    April 18, 2013 at 12:13pm
    Well first I would like to say that the only reason you have 1 out of 3 smartphones tuning in a month.... Is because the person next to us has Pandora turned on already. No need to have 2 phones running. d^_^b Also you guys should throw a huge live event with artists from lots of genres to perform. People can come to a HUGE music festival! Then everyone can tune into the "Pandora Live Music Festival" station. ONLY ON PANDORA! Anyway if you do do this. I would love a ticket. Congratulations to your success! Thank you for spreading your amazing idea, for us to experience.
  21. Josephine lindsay
    April 18, 2013 at 1:41pm
    Josephine lindsay and tamika Parker love this station
  22. Wendy
    April 18, 2013 at 2:07pm
    I love Pandora (listening to it right now) it gives me all the songs that I love and new ones that I fall in love with!! Keep up the good work, you'll continue to grow <3
  23. G. Harmon
    April 18, 2013 at 2:08pm
    Pandora has been an ongoing pleasure for my wife and me. We love music like that of John Barry or Ennio Moricone. Dinner hour has risen to another level of special pleasure!
  24. Diane Lee
    April 18, 2013 at 2:53pm
    I discovered my love for Portuguese Fado music on Pandora! I started a Ali Farka Toure channel as I loved the CD Talking Timbuktu. On my Ali channel, I heard Cesaria Evora for the first time. Then I created a Cesaria Evora channel and on this channel I first heard Amalia Rodriguez, Linda Leonardo, Mariza, Madredeus, Vinicius Cantuaria, omg! the list goes on and on! I never knew about this music before Pandora! I love Pandora and all kinds of music. My tastes are very eclectic and Pandora suits my needs so perfectly! I love Pandora. Thank you Tim! I am so grateful!
  25. Gloria Hunter
    April 18, 2013 at 3:43pm
    I'm a retired old person, and for years Pandora has eased my loss of several loved ones by listening to their favorite songs or mine on your radio. You have been with me pretty much in my daily life, through the bad and the good. Hoping to be listening to you for a good many years more. THANK YOU!!
  26. Laura F.
    April 18, 2013 at 4:24pm
    I think it would be FANTASTIC if Pandora expanded their app to gaming consoles. Like PS3 and Xbox 360. I am an avid gamer and would absolutely love it if the two mixed.
  27. Prince Montgomery
    April 18, 2013 at 5:02pm
    Congrats
  28. Adrian Hernandez
    April 18, 2013 at 7:21pm
    Gracias al equipo de PANDORA. Felicidades y adelante. Adrian
  29. Eugenia Ann Smith
    April 18, 2013 at 8:16pm
    I love it, that the music keeps going, its so wonderful!
  30. tim
    April 18, 2013 at 8:28pm
    Thanks tim it has truly been a great experience to enjoy what I want at any time
  31. Franco Soriano
    April 18, 2013 at 8:37pm
    Quiero escuchar música
  32. Willie Scott
    April 18, 2013 at 9:16pm
    Thank u very much for the station. Me, I'm a Jazz freak. Love the music. Thanks. Hope u make a billion customers. Wil
  33. C.D.
    April 18, 2013 at 9:46pm
    Don't open Pendora's Box. LOL
  34. tiffany
    April 18, 2013 at 10:02pm
    Yea so glad..but it sucks that I had to pay jus to listen to it now ..now u can substract 1 dis coming month....was cool now it sucks
  35. Jesus
    April 18, 2013 at 10:43pm
    Pandora rules love that u guys have hardstyle, hardcore. Even showtek: the legends of hardstyle
  36. Vickie Roskey
    April 19, 2013 at 6:31am
    I love Pandora. I found out about it from my principal at school. It's an uplifting steady stream of hope and encouragement as I listen to my beloved Christian songs. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this your wonderful creation.
  37. paula
    April 19, 2013 at 6:50am
    Theres someone out there, that i was deeply in love with@16 yrs old,im 59 now&still carry a feeling for him that your music helps sooths the pain,in the heart.where ever you are in the Usa I dream you hear me thru Pandora,oh just to hear your voice again.I know somewhere in you,you carry me&maybe through Pandora
  38. Elliott Harry
    April 19, 2013 at 9:33am
    I listen to all different types of music Thanks to Pandora its right at my finger tips... from my phone, computer, blue ray player, tablet, smart TV its there... Thanks Tim Westergren I'm a Pandora listener from Baton Rouge, Louisiana
  39. virginia
    April 19, 2013 at 9:44am
    World music is @ my fingertips because of you TIM,can't live without Pandora!purke love.
  40. James Prout
    April 19, 2013 at 1:10pm
    Pandora is great! You have much better choice of music than MusicChoice on cable. Keep it up!
  41. cahow
    April 19, 2013 at 3:45pm
    I've been a Pandora fan since it's inception. I've lost count of the amount of friends I "turned on" to Pandora. It is the FIRST app that I download on my tablets/smart phones and Kindle! Gotta have my Pandora...and YES!, I'm a paid subscriber and every cent is worth it!!!
  42. leann keaton
    April 19, 2013 at 6:01pm
    i love listening to the really old country songs and with you i listen to them everyday thank you
  43. Ashley
    April 19, 2013 at 8:28pm
    I love the songs in pandoraj
  44. Smita
    April 19, 2013 at 11:49pm
    Yeah, I am also in that 200 million users. I love to use pandora in my phone.
  45. ssmita76
    April 19, 2013 at 11:50pm
    pandora is the best app I have ever used. You guys have rocked.
  46. barry
    April 20, 2013 at 12:48am
    I told my Brother He used to jam with Johnny farhnam,In the back shed ,The group was called the Casuals.And Loves it more than me
  47. louie
    April 20, 2013 at 6:27am
    I dont get on the the net without Pandora! Work,study or interest.Friends come for dinner,Pandora is on.
  48. 7875871366
    April 20, 2013 at 9:29am
    A la verdad que Pandora es un tesoro. Ahí usted encuentra cualquier música de Puerto Rico y de cualquier pais; en inglés y español. ¡ Han tenido un gran acierto!
  49. Evelyn Frankln
    April 20, 2013 at 10:13am
    love to love it. coldnt live without it.
  50. Denin
    April 20, 2013 at 10:24am
    I am so thrilled to have found pandora I can finally hear bands like my beloved Afghan Whigs and have found links to other bands involving Greg D. Thanks for playing more than the atypical mainstream borefest. You will always have a loyal listener in me.Its amazing to be able to create personalized radio.Well im of to listen to frau frau thanks to you ove dicovered a new band to love.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )