We are very excited to announce today that Pandora has reached 200 million registered listeners!

When we launched http://www.pandora.com in 2005, we hoped to create a new way to discover and enjoy music that was completely personalized for each and every listener.  We envisioned a time when artists of all kinds would thrive on radio, connecting with fans who loved exactly their kind of music.

I have to admit, we had no idea what was in store! It has been, and continues to be, an extraordinary experience for all of us.

A hallmark of these years has been the steady stream of amazing stories from our listeners, whether they got engaged while listening to Pandora, mourned the passing of a loved one, or celebrated a special life milestone.

Have a Pandora story to share with us on this special occasion? We’d love to hear it.

PD_20mil_Milestone_Infographics_FINAL v4

Comments

1. tina newton
    April 17, 2013 at 2:39pm
    I love listening to pandora. I even added the app to my phone. I love just about all music. Keep playing and I will keep listening.
  2. Frederic Tudor
    April 17, 2013 at 2:59pm
    Wonderful on my daily three mile walk. I would never accomplish the walk without Pandora!
    1. Tackett
      April 18, 2013 at 8:18am
      Never make it through the day without it thank you so much!
  3. Bonne
    April 17, 2013 at 3:17pm
    Are you available in Canada yet? I sure loved listening to Pandora when I visited the U.S.! I'd love to download this for my smartphone.
  4. Gary Miles
    April 17, 2013 at 3:18pm
    thank you for pandora i can listen to all sorts of music whenever i want i just looooooooooooooooooooooooove itr. God Bless you all and keep it going stornr
  5. Nathan Porter
    April 17, 2013 at 3:52pm
    Listen to Pandora most every day. Thanks so much for making so much great music available so easily!
  6. theresa
    April 17, 2013 at 3:56pm
    I love this app.. u have created something wonderful for all kinds of music lovers... we dont have tejano stations in Dallas Tx anymore.. pandora gives me my music I love so much ... great job
  7. Ana
    April 17, 2013 at 4:13pm
    Me gusta mucho x k escucho la música k me gusta de cualquier género y sin duda alguna lo mejor
  8. Pauline Porter
    April 17, 2013 at 4:53pm
    Then why are you wanting to charge those of us who keep it playing in our offices??? I now listen more to IHeart. I like Pandora but I do not wish to pay a fee..
    1. Kim Merida
      April 18, 2013 at 10:45am
      I am very disappointed with your decision to limit free listening time. Pandora got me through my hectic workdays. Now I have to rely on I heart radio. :-(.
  9. Priscilla Davis
    April 17, 2013 at 4:59pm
    Ilove your music i have it on tv ,cell phone , computers and my laptop excellent job guys
  10. luz
    April 17, 2013 at 5:39pm
    Tnks to you I discover the most beautiful music and found some musician that I never heard before thank you thank you
  11. Ademola Wey
    April 17, 2013 at 5:41pm
    Love the station. Very good.
  12. Nera
    April 17, 2013 at 6:27pm
    I love love love pandora it has introduced me to so much great music I use it pretty much everyday....
  13. Henrry
    April 17, 2013 at 6:37pm
    Congratulationnnnnnn
  14. benjamin funderburk
    April 17, 2013 at 6:41pm
    I really enjoys the select of music ..thank you ..you made my life...so keep doing what you're doing....
  15. Zayy Constant
    April 17, 2013 at 6:48pm
    Your music always sets my mood for the day, and so far I'm always in a good mood. Even taught me some words to some songs I never knew. Thank You
  16. Olivia West
    April 17, 2013 at 6:55pm
    I just love Pandora, it is just great, convenient and not time consuming. I dont like how they have ads though, and i dont want to buy the full version.
  17. moises herrera
    April 17, 2013 at 7:03pm
    Felicidades pandora x sus 200 millones simplemente genial''''
  18. chiqui
    April 17, 2013 at 7:20pm
    Me encanta pandora pero me lo han cortado por que dicen q tengo q pagar para escuchar y eso no me gusta buuuuu.
  19. carlis
    April 17, 2013 at 7:41pm
    Mr. Tim...now is the time to see about launching that satellite ...or...purchasing a piece. I want Pandora everywhere without eating up my data plan. :)..OH, and I'd still like a button that says, "I never want to hear from this artist again"... ;-)...Thanks Pandora for cutting out the static...(if I don't like it...it MUST be static)..
  20. Debron Johnson
    April 17, 2013 at 9:52pm
    The best songs ever!!! I love it!
  21. Rita Ferguson
    April 17, 2013 at 9:56pm
    I love Pandora!!! Great Job TIM !! Thanks so much!!
  22. Tamra Tarr
    April 17, 2013 at 10:34pm
    Love having my own personal stations to listen to, I have several different genres. This is the best part!!! Thank you very much----Pandorra.
  23. Dyana Schoenstadt
    April 17, 2013 at 11:04pm
    I simply love, love and have loved you guys since the beginning. You have introduced me to so many genres of music, artists I would have never known had you not turned me on to them. Simply put you've blossomed up my closed up music memory, as I myself have a Bachelors Degree in Music Composition and had closed that memory until you helped to open me up again, even to regard my own talents which I had forgotten. Thank you you genius Tim for being the founder of such a fine idea and waking me up. Plus I got this really cool T shirt in the mail! Thank you!
  24. Jo
    April 17, 2013 at 11:24pm
    Listening to Pandora in the morning helps me get ready for work and also just to listen for fun.....love it
  25. marcos
    April 18, 2013 at 3:12am
    es muy buena
  26. Sue
    April 18, 2013 at 6:33am
    Way better than Sirius radio. I listen to Pandora through my Bluetooth connection in my car. I wonder why anyone would pay the much higher Sirius rates for music that isn't personalized.
  27. marieli perez
    April 18, 2013 at 6:38am
    Loveeeeee it....
  28. Maurice Pereira
    April 18, 2013 at 6:46am
    Great achievement & Growing - Pandora. Keep up the good work. Anxiously awaiting its arrival in Canada.
  29. Brenda
    April 18, 2013 at 6:48am
    I love Pandora the variety is amazing The greatest part about it is the cost of it is so reasonable and affordable to everyone
  30. Terri
    April 18, 2013 at 6:54am
    I thank you for opening this wonderfull website it has been a great part of my life!
  31. Zara Mirza
    April 18, 2013 at 6:54am
    I start my day listening to all my favourite songs. Hindi English all make my day. My daughter loves the nursery rhymes. Thank you pandora. Love love love it's amazing.
  32. Tiffanie
    April 18, 2013 at 6:54am
    This is by far the best station that could've ever come out. I really love it and listen to it all the time. Thank you Pandora!
  33. Darla Dee
    April 18, 2013 at 7:02am
    You are welcome!!"!!!!....lol. I listen to it all the time....I am from the old school and I enjoy my music...THANK YOU
  34. Kate Shubert
    April 18, 2013 at 7:41am
    There are a few great innovations in my lifetime. I remember when the ATM machine became available. I thought..brilliant! For me, Pandora is the best one since! I am training for a half marathon and couldn't be happier with my customized music! THX!
  35. Juan Gutierrez
    April 18, 2013 at 7:46am
    Solo puedo decir que a amo todos los que hacen possible que yo y MILES y MILES de personas podamos escuchar la musica de cualquier genero y de todos los tiempos, a cambio en nombre de todas esas personas y en el mio propio les doy las GRACIAS.
  36. Susan Littlejohns Tompkins
    April 18, 2013 at 7:48am
    Thank you so very much also. All for the music!
  37. Melina
    April 18, 2013 at 8:06am
    I absolutely love Pandora! I use it on my bus tide home. If it weren't for Pandora I don't know ehat I would do on the bus!
  38. Sophie
    April 18, 2013 at 8:09am
    Dear Pandora, thanks to you I was able to identify the artists I used to listen to in a now defunct radio station. I searched for that music far and wide but with you and your excellent repertoire, the song came on in a radio station for a different artist. Needless to say I was overwhelmed with you. So Thank You, Pandora! Here's to many more years honoring music and their creators.
  39. RikkyJ
    April 18, 2013 at 8:13am
    There is no better internet music provider anywhere! I have Pandora on my phone, in my car, and on streaming sevices (BlueRay players/TV's) My entire family has Pandora streaming music over one device or another. The collective opinion is umanimous......AN EXCELLENT SERVICE! Keep up the good work.
  40. paula
    April 18, 2013 at 8:14am
    Your music keeps a love in my heart alive that i have not seen in since 1971.I know you are out there&I wonder,do you ever think of me?
  41. awilda
    April 18, 2013 at 8:24am
    the idea coming up with pandora is wonderful i could listen to my favorite music while cleaning ,driving and everywhere .
  42. QUEEN SIMMONS
    April 18, 2013 at 8:29am
    I love Pandora, i get it for free on my smart phone, tablet, & tv, so Pandora is with me wherever i go, i even workout with it, so yes, keep up the good work that you're doing, and THANK YOU.
  43. Patricia Terry
    April 18, 2013 at 8:40am
    mr. .westergren, thank you for Pandora. I enjoy my old school favorites when i play my solitaire games on the computer. usually i find time on the weekend afternoons to listen. i appreciate that its free to listen otherwise i wouldn't be able to enjoy it.
  44. James
    April 18, 2013 at 8:42am
    Thanks to you guys, I've been able to discover more of my favorite artists, new artists entirely, and even given entire new genres a try and refine my taste within those genres. I still love to use Pandora as my personal DJ and I'm still finding new songs and artists on the same stations after two years. Can't explain how, you guys just got it right.
  45. shamar jones
    April 18, 2013 at 8:47am
    I WOULD NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITHOUT PANDORA TO LISTIN TO ALL KIND'S OF MUSIC AND SUPER GREAT FOR PARTY'S.
  46. R. Geiser
    April 18, 2013 at 8:59am
    Love the music options, listen to christmas music everyday. Enjoy big bands oldies and disney along with other varieties. Thanks for being there for all us listeners
  47. Felicie Wells
    April 18, 2013 at 9:00am
    Listening to your Gospel music and Soft Jazz is such a great stress reliever. Thanks so much Pandora. I have you on my work and home computers and cell phone which I also hook up in my SUV. Good bless you. Keep it coming.
  48. Rose Brock Hygrade
    April 18, 2013 at 9:04am
    I enjoy Pandora every weekend when I'm off work. washing,cleaning the house and just listen to the music play. I love Pandora.Congratulations Pandora
  49. Edith Moore-Simmons
    April 18, 2013 at 9:05am
    I love Pandora, especially when I am feeling kind of low. The music just picks me up. Can't beat those oldies but goodies. Thanks
  50. Lashona Perry
    April 18, 2013 at 9:12am
    I am proud to be a listeners of Pandora the play all the great songs and I listen everyday

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )