We are very excited to announce today that Pandora has reached 200 million registered listeners!

When we launched http://www.pandora.com in 2005, we hoped to create a new way to discover and enjoy music that was completely personalized for each and every listener.  We envisioned a time when artists of all kinds would thrive on radio, connecting with fans who loved exactly their kind of music.

I have to admit, we had no idea what was in store! It has been, and continues to be, an extraordinary experience for all of us.

A hallmark of these years has been the steady stream of amazing stories from our listeners, whether they got engaged while listening to Pandora, mourned the passing of a loved one, or celebrated a special life milestone.

Have a Pandora story to share with us on this special occasion? We’d love to hear it.

PD_20mil_Milestone_Infographics_FINAL v4

1. Robert L. Pippins
    April 09, 2013 at 10:44am
    GREAT Radio! LOve it! Thanks!
    1. Morad A
      April 10, 2013 at 6:47am
      I have been trying to get the the queen station Pandora in middle east. Dubai or jeddah but i could not get it. I am an American work over seas .is there any luck to get it.
    2. andrew bruno
      April 10, 2013 at 10:54am
      keep up the good work we love the music
    3. Donna
      April 10, 2013 at 1:11pm
      Thank YOU, Tim and all at Pandora, for making work at the pc way more enjoyable! It truly makes all the difference in the world. Of course, I don't always have to be 'working' to enjoy my favorite tunes, but whatever I may be up to, I'll be much more productive at it with Pandora in the background!
    4. laaz
      April 10, 2013 at 1:25pm
      Loved it before, still can't get it in Canada!
    5. Felipe Cedillo
      April 10, 2013 at 4:49pm
      It is the great way to listening radio, because you can personalize your own stations, I hope to have in my car. Thank you Tim Westergren, you had a wonderful idea.
    6. Ricky Boyd
      April 10, 2013 at 6:54pm
      Congratulations Pandora, Love your music, hate are you listening? Ricky
    7. Bruce Osborne
      April 10, 2013 at 9:35pm
      Great program, hope you never start charging a fee, thanks much
    8. Ron Strohm
      April 11, 2013 at 7:07am
      Hi Tim, Awesome Radio, Number 1 for me and has been for many years! All the best, Ron www.zazzle.com/ronspassionfordesign
    9. Don Lundergan
      April 11, 2013 at 9:06am
      Thank you for Pandora ! Your classical station is turned on first, then I get to work on other computer activities.
    10. yoruba
      April 11, 2013 at 9:10am
      Thanks, Pandora gets me through my workouts. Especially when I lack the desire to do so.
    11. JeanaFrazier
      April 11, 2013 at 3:15pm
      I Love my Pandota! It is so much fun to listen to!! What ever I am in the mood for its right at my finger tips !!!-
    12. Yemina Concepcion
      April 11, 2013 at 7:53pm
      I love Pandora Radio it's the Best! !!!!
    13. frank gallagher
      April 12, 2013 at 8:24am
      love it ,great idea,please don't sell out to the big boys.
      April 12, 2013 at 8:38am
    15. Kathy
      April 12, 2013 at 12:22pm
      I love Pandora, it has introduced me to many singers I was not aware of but came up on the stations I made! Thanks for great music!
    16. Rafael Cruz
      April 12, 2013 at 1:27pm
      I'm very happy to be the 200 millions listeners of Pandora Radio. I love this Station. Every time I can on my car, in my home and in my smart phone I'be conected. Thank you Mr. Tim Westergreen for this great idea to enjoy our favorite music. Sincerely; Rafael Cruz
    17. Michael Munoz
      April 12, 2013 at 4:48pm
      Thanks for a Great Station Love your Gospel and Celtic and 50' 60'
    18. david
      April 12, 2013 at 6:42pm
      I love Pandora its great thanks'
    19. CM Garrett
      April 12, 2013 at 8:59pm
      Pandora is best thing going now. What a concept. I love Pandora.
    20. John Riley
      April 13, 2013 at 6:38am
      Great job Tim, Pandora is a part of my everyday life and will continue to be. I am a radio Jock and do have one suggestion, what if you could re broadcast stations like 91.1 fm WHFC ?
    21. Beverly Keister
      April 13, 2013 at 10:50am
      Love it. My daughter listens to you all the time and that is how I learned about Pandora.
    22. JESUS RICO
      April 13, 2013 at 11:38am
    23. Nalda Kingston
      April 13, 2013 at 3:06pm
      Congratulations Tim and your team - I have an ongoing relationships with Pandora and to be honest I would be very lost without it - I'm a writer and the calming flow of the music I have chosen is quiet something else. Best move i have made in years - believe me this is no idle chatter.
    24. Loman Paul Jones, Jr
      April 13, 2013 at 4:39pm
      ....what a great combination!!!!...only in america and only Pandora, where the listening is so easy on the ear, and just what YOU want to hear!!!thank you, Pandora!!!!
    25. rwh52@att.net
      April 13, 2013 at 8:15pm
      Thank you Tim, I love Pandora! Rich Harris
    26. Eduardo Cruz
      April 14, 2013 at 6:57am
      It's yust GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    27. Kenny Joe Lienemann
      April 14, 2013 at 7:02am
      i think that the loyal, longtime customers shud get a premium upgrade as a gift. i love pandora and iv introduced it to all my friends and family. we thank u for introducing pandora to the public
    28. Shirley Corrales
      April 14, 2013 at 7:39am
      I love my Pandora, I ride the Bay Area Rapid Transit (train) in California, from Hayward to Oakland everyday and I have to listen to my favorite songs on my Pandora and it makes me feel so good on Bart, I am happy before I get to work and start my a stressful day. LOVE IT!!!
    29. Todd R. Smith
      April 14, 2013 at 7:52am
      Pandora is going strong down here in Texas. I am amazed at the growth of the station! Congrats to all, keep it up! Peace out...
    30. Robert Humphrey
      April 14, 2013 at 8:09am
      Well, that's great, Timmy! But you lost me as a listener when you sent me an email threatening to start charging me for listening to your "free" streaming TOO MUCH! For some reason, you can't sell enough advertising to support true free streaming. You can't have it both ways, Tim. Fortunately, BoomerRadio and IHeartRadio really are what they say they are. So good luck with your 2 billion listeners. I hope you treat them better! Robert H.
    31. Luis G. Chirichigno
      April 14, 2013 at 9:42am
      Everybody in my family enjoy Pandora since you start. Please continue to have this great program. Thanks, Jerry Chirichigno and family
    32. Pete MALCOLM
      April 14, 2013 at 10:17am
      I enjoy this app the most, have a chance to read a listen to music I loved as a young person.
      April 14, 2013 at 11:10am
      Thank you as well for the opportunity to remember alot of my childhood songs that i had forgotten about i love pandora, when i found pandora a couple of years ago there where no more cds for me lol thank you again....
    34. Nancy jones
      April 14, 2013 at 2:47pm
      To tim westergren, when god made you he broke the mode, cause i am thankful he made someone to love music as I do! Pandora is all that, with a bag of chips and the dip and a coke and surely a smile to wash it down with. Pandora has enhanced my life on rainy days, good days and bad days, thank god for pandora and you, may god continue to richly bless you . Tucson, az
    35. Ana
      April 14, 2013 at 3:06pm
      l love it
    36. CECILIA
      April 14, 2013 at 3:16pm
      I love PANDORA MUSIC THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    37. Beverly Bruton
      April 14, 2013 at 10:49pm
      I think Pandora is the best. I have it on for hours everyday. I only wish they would have it available in every nursing home, long term care, assisted living etc. These people would love it and it could be customized for each person by them or their families. Thanks for coming up with it.
    38. Kevin
      April 15, 2013 at 5:02am
      I want my Pandora back KD
    39. Eileen
      April 15, 2013 at 7:01am
      Thank you for a wonderful listening choice! My day is beautiful even when it's raining, just doesn't get any better!
    40. bob frueh
      April 15, 2013 at 7:03am
      you have the best music
    41. Rolando Duran
      April 15, 2013 at 7:18am
      I am a constant listener of Pandora, I love it because you can choose the kind of music you want to listen and they have an while variation, congratulation for the 200 million of happy listeners and I wish you the best in the future.
    42. Tim Johnston
      April 15, 2013 at 7:37am
      Hi folks.....I am an occasional listener and enjoy the formats I have created but wonder why your stats people are doing the strings and mirrors crap. In your "unigue artists and songs" catagory you are comparing 400+ stations/genres to one FM radio station. There are over 10,000 broadcast, over the air, radio stations in the US. Take out the News/Talk/Sports formats and you still have 8657 music formats. If you do the math, radio still wins in this catagory. Just be good at what you do, not what radio does, and you may survive in spite of all the outragous copyright costs you are forced to pay..........Thanks.
    43. Humberto Masferrer
      April 15, 2013 at 7:54am
      Is the best, i enjoy my spanish music,after my kids listen only but they say, dad pandora have your music,change my life, I love you guys..
    44. Bill Roberts
      April 15, 2013 at 8:01am
      Thanks: You guys have fine tuned all my favs. So, I guess that what keeps me tuned-in /tuned-up & tuned-on. Tim,You are the music man of the millenium
  2. Audrey
    April 10, 2013 at 6:29am
    I love Pandora radio! Thank you for allowing me to listen to the music I love! My local radio stations don't play certain songs anymore. So Pandora radio u are thee best!!
  3. Audrey
    April 10, 2013 at 6:30am
    Congratulations on the success of Pandora!
  4. Gygy
    April 10, 2013 at 6:46am
    I love it! The best radio to listen all time.
  5. essie proctor
    April 10, 2013 at 6:52am
  6. Frank Ortiz
    April 10, 2013 at 6:56am
    Great radio enjoey my self a lot ..love it
  7. Lynette
    April 10, 2013 at 6:58am
    Thank you Tim for creating Pandora, it does make my day at work go so much more smoothly while listening to the great music - I must admit my singing hasn't gotten any better, keep up the great work :)
  8. Lorena Allen
    April 10, 2013 at 7:00am
    Me gusta la musica espanol no entiendo porque me Sheraton mi cuenta de pandora.
  9. rico
    April 10, 2013 at 7:06am
    Thanks 4 Pandora I luv it
  10. Pwyl
    April 10, 2013 at 7:09am
    Congratulations. Now how about you start giving back to the artists? The music creators are not even making 0.01 cents per stream? Surely you can redistribute more fairly than that. With 200 million listeners and all.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )