For the last six months or so we’ve been working hard to bring Pandora to the Windows Phone 8 audience. Happy to announce the day has finally come.

While of course Pandora on Windows Phone 8 features the same listening experience you’ve come to expect from us, we really wanted to embrace the unique features of the Windows Phone 8 platform. For example, you can pin your favorite stations directly to the Start screen. Even cooler, the tiles are live and show you what’s currently playing without having to actually launch the app. If you have kids, we’ve also integrated into what Microsoft calls “Kid’s Corner” – just launch Pandora from that starting point and we’ll make sure that no explicit content plays during that session.

Pandora_Start_live_low-res-02From a design perspective, we constantly strive to keep the Pandora user experience as easy and consistent as possible across an ever-increasing variety of platforms – computers, mobile phones, tablets, set-top boxes, cars, and more – all while taking into account the additional capabilities and design patterns of each individual platform. With its visually flat elements and unique panorama concept of navigation, designing for Windows Phone 8 while keeping our consistent Pandora aesthetic was an exciting challenge and we’re thrilled with the results.

To celebrate the latest addition to the Pandora mobile app family, you can listen on Windows Phone 8 ad-free at no cost for the rest of 2013, courtesy of Microsoft. Also, be sure to check out Microsoft’s blog for a video of Pandora on Windows Phone 8 and let us know what you think of the new app once you download it.

Get the app here.

Comments

1. Jennifer Cottman
    March 21, 2013 at 11:01am
    I absolutely love listening to all the musicians greats you've given us and I think it is great to have the opputunity to comment on the site. Thank you Jennifer Cottman
  2. Henry
    March 21, 2013 at 7:45pm
    Thank you thank you thank youuuuuuu!!
  3. Tafoor Tariq
    March 23, 2013 at 8:18pm
    Pandora on Windows Phone 8 app really gonna give people ad free music cool.thanks
  4. James Lesher
    March 23, 2013 at 11:22pm
    I have a Nokia 822. When I start Pandora, the volume button pops up the Pandora player controls even if I am not listening. Hitting the back button does not terminate the background part of the app as it should. How do I stop the background player if I am not going to listen for a while?
  5. garry gross
    March 24, 2013 at 5:25pm
    Love the app. My only complaint is that when I play it through my car stereo (BT 2012 Nissan Maxima) the music starts playing through my phone when I turn off the car. Xbox music and Nokia music do not do this. I have to manually pause the music on my phone every time.
  6. Samuel Dighan
    March 26, 2013 at 4:11am
    Wait, what about WP7.5?!?! #WTF
  7. daveorourke
    March 27, 2013 at 6:35pm
    Nice app. Congratulations! One question... How do you exit the app without logging out?
  8. jose
    April 02, 2013 at 3:53pm
    Me gusta pandora xk tiene corridos rancheras románticas cumbias de todo un poco y me encanta esta aplicación
  9. jose
    April 02, 2013 at 3:56pm
    Mi nombre es José y tengo 26 años vivo en dallas tx y me gustan los corridos pesados también las románticas y cumbias
    1. jose
      April 02, 2013 at 4:00pm
      Mesecito pandora en mi Windows Phone 8 para escuchar puros corridos pesados donde quiera que balla
  10. jose
    April 02, 2013 at 4:04pm
    Pandora es lo mejor en música xk ami me gusta escuchar corridos pesados y aquí los podre escuchar en mi Windows Phone 8 en todos lados
  11. Jeff
    April 11, 2013 at 3:17pm
    what about windows 8 pcs and tablets? is there an app for those devices?
  12. Sam
    April 11, 2013 at 3:31pm
    This is great but what are your plans to release a BlackBerry update to support BB10?
  13. Soft Pro
    May 18, 2013 at 3:54am
    Nice app. Congratulations! what about windows 8 pcs and tablets? is there an app for those devices? Thanks.
  14. Soft Pro
    May 18, 2013 at 3:59am
    This is positive for anyone to reach to through mobile & mobile app, and its user friendly way.....
  15. Ken
    July 31, 2013 at 7:52am
    You guys rock! Any idea when/if you will support Alpine Head Units? That is why I still run the Android version, no "automotive" option on the win phone side.
  16. Antony Czech Republic
    January 09, 2014 at 11:15am
    It s really sad that it isn t available in other countries..... I m disappointed with wp8 store....
  17. Mark Lemon
    February 13, 2015 at 3:57am
    I have been a Pandora user for a couple years now and ran the Android app on my Motorola Defy. Now I have a Nokia Lumia 521 and I can not find the alarm feature on the Pandora app. Does it have one (and I'm blind) and if not, will it?
    1. PandoraSupport
      February 14, 2015 at 4:34pm
      Hi Mark, Sorry for the trouble. Currently, the alarm clock feature isn't available for Windows phones, but I've noted your request to see this in the future. -Katie
  18. Nik
    May 18, 2015 at 9:47am
    Will be providing support for the WP8 Pandora app to work with GMC IntelliLink?
  19. jim
    December 30, 2015 at 3:59pm
    Just downloaded Pandora on my Nokia 635 with windows 8. It's great. How do I stop it???
    1. PandoraSupport
      December 31, 2015 at 3:55pm
      Hey Jim, email our support team and they'll walk you through all of this: pdora.co/writeus -Katie

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )