Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 11.12.45 AM.png

Today is a big day for Pandora: after more than a year of planning, design, engineering, and testing we’re announcing the entirely new Pandora 4.0 for iPhone and Android. This is the biggest update we’ve made to our mobile apps since we first launched.

For more than a decade our engineering team has been focused on perfecting your personalized radio listening experience and Pandora 4.0 brings a wealth of new features to your smartphone while maintaining the simplicity and ease-of-use you’ve come to expect from Pandora.

Pandora 4.0 brings a new lean in experience that’s not possible with traditional radio and provides an ideal environment for you to better discover, explore and share your favorite music.

New features of Pandora 4.0 include:

Improved Listening Features – We’ve focused on improving the core listening experience – making it easier than ever to create new stations, add variety to your stations, and browse our massive selection of more than 400 genre stations curated by our team of music experts.

Social Sharing and Discovery – Easily share your music discoveries and stations with friends on Pandora, Facebook and Twitter. A new music activity feed offers a centralized place for you to find and follow friends and other musical mentors on Pandora opening up an entirely new way to discover great music you’ll love.

Artist and Track Pages – For those times you want to dive in deeper and explore new worlds of music, we’ve added millions of artist, album, and track pages that let you learn more about the music you love – complete with full lyrics, related artists, and musicological traits from the Music Genome Project.

Musical Profile – As you use Pandora, your profile serves as a detailed timeline of the music you’ve liked or bookmarked and the stations you’ve created – a great way to rediscover the music you loved. Choose to make your profile public and other Pandora listeners can find inspiration in your discoveries.

To learn more about the update, visit

Pandora 4.0 for iOS is now available for download in the App Store.

Pandora 4.0 is in final testing and will be available for all Android smartphones in the Google Play store in the coming weeks.

As always, we’d love to hear what you think. To give us feedback, get help, or find answers, visit

1. afoo bj
    November 17, 2012 at 5:34am
    i love pandora
  2. David Campbell
    December 05, 2012 at 12:05am
    Please make a windows phone 8 version. At the moment I am using my mobile browser and the web page does not resize well.
  3. Wilson
    April 20, 2013 at 5:25pm
  4. Glover
    April 25, 2013 at 7:58pm
    Well good update but I was just notified that I was almost out of hours.For mobile witch it's very stupid. I mean there is already ads aren't u making enough money now I have to pay 99cents for more hours. I'm not being cheep but its crap I love pandora till now. I would of referred anyone to it but now I won't as soon as my hours are up Ill listen to music somewhere that's not pandora mobile. Biggest joke ever.
  5. porselen diş fiyatları
    July 22, 2013 at 3:50am
    I ditched pandora for spotify. I would go back to pandora if they let me "request a song" on that station or moved to a spotify model of pay and you can listen to anything. Pandora has to update their business model. They are the best at making custom radio stations but it isn't enough to make up for the restriction when spotify and rapsody allow you to listen to whatever and as much as you want.
  6. Shobhit
    July 24, 2013 at 8:52am
    When is Pandora going to start serving Indian music, earlier I thought you people would make it available sooner but, it's too much delayed now. Is there any plans to stream Indian music? Thanks!
  7. Ana mercado
    August 01, 2013 at 1:45pm
    Me gusta escucha la musica de pandora la mejor radio
  8. news
    August 06, 2013 at 8:21pm
    I think everything said was very logical. But, what about this? suppose you added a little content? I mean, I don't want to tell you how to run your website, however suppose you added something to maybe grab folk's attention? I mean New Pandora 4.0 comes to Mobile | is kinda plain. You ought to peek at Yahoo's front page and note how they create post headlines to get viewers interested. You might try adding a video or a related pic or two to get readers excited about everything've written. In my opinion, it could bring your website a little bit more interesting.
  9. Jon
    August 23, 2013 at 6:53am
    Pandora, I used to love you guys while I was studying in the US. but because you guys never got me your service internationally. I will never look back or use your service again. I'll just have to move to apple's new iTunes radio. I wish it didn't have to be this way....
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 25, 2014 at 9:30am
      @Jon We'd like to be in more countries. We're working on acquiring licenses in other countries. Thanks for your patience and we hope you'll stick with us. -Alyssa
  10. stephen
    September 07, 2013 at 10:44am
    it seems that pandora is liberal leaning and pushing obama's much as love listening to music there will be other ways for me. no more pandora...when you propagandize something as universal as music there is something sick there.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )