Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 11.12.45 AM.png

Today is a big day for Pandora: after more than a year of planning, design, engineering, and testing we’re announcing the entirely new Pandora 4.0 for iPhone and Android. This is the biggest update we’ve made to our mobile apps since we first launched.

For more than a decade our engineering team has been focused on perfecting your personalized radio listening experience and Pandora 4.0 brings a wealth of new features to your smartphone while maintaining the simplicity and ease-of-use you’ve come to expect from Pandora.

Pandora 4.0 brings a new lean in experience that’s not possible with traditional radio and provides an ideal environment for you to better discover, explore and share your favorite music.

New features of Pandora 4.0 include:

Improved Listening Features – We’ve focused on improving the core listening experience – making it easier than ever to create new stations, add variety to your stations, and browse our massive selection of more than 400 genre stations curated by our team of music experts.

Social Sharing and Discovery – Easily share your music discoveries and stations with friends on Pandora, Facebook and Twitter. A new music activity feed offers a centralized place for you to find and follow friends and other musical mentors on Pandora opening up an entirely new way to discover great music you’ll love.

Artist and Track Pages – For those times you want to dive in deeper and explore new worlds of music, we’ve added millions of artist, album, and track pages that let you learn more about the music you love – complete with full lyrics, related artists, and musicological traits from the Music Genome Project.

Musical Profile – As you use Pandora, your profile serves as a detailed timeline of the music you’ve liked or bookmarked and the stations you’ve created – a great way to rediscover the music you loved. Choose to make your profile public and other Pandora listeners can find inspiration in your discoveries.

To learn more about the update, visit http://www.pandora.com/newpandora.

Pandora 4.0 for iOS is now available for download in the App Store.

Pandora 4.0 is in final testing and will be available for all Android smartphones in the Google Play store in the coming weeks.

As always, we’d love to hear what you think. To give us feedback, get help, or find answers, visit http://help.pandora.com.

Comments

1. Thomas N. Smith
    June 25, 2014 at 5:40pm
    Being a humanitarian in toilet countries is sometime quite lonely. I have not heard any good music for ages. China now has Alibaba that will be supplying music of some kind. Maybe you could hook up with them. Music is what brought them billions of dollars. Tom
    1. Rob
      October 05, 2014 at 3:04am
      I also am in a country that Pandora is not available and being away from the states like Tome says, :is sometimes quite lonely" but I understand. The letter I read explains why and I am thankful for the service you provide. Rob
  2. jasmine
    June 25, 2014 at 10:19pm
    http://www.amberyholeata.com/ she should be on pandora But you guys have that Flinstone policie that says you have to have hard copies of music for sale...(no one buys Cd's anymore) just a recap...
    1. PandoraSupport
      June 26, 2014 at 12:16pm
      @Jasmine, please check out our updated submission process for her to submit directly: http://bit.ly/submitpandora. You can also suggest her music here: http://bit.ly/suggestpandora. -Alyssa
  3. Naren Dhiran
    July 16, 2014 at 12:53pm
    i love pandora, happy to visit this site
    1. imadeddine
      August 02, 2014 at 12:03pm
      i love it too :D http://lilyacars.fr/
  4. umughal147
    July 18, 2014 at 6:02am
    Its really good to know about the Pandora Incorporation on Mobile Devices. i have also started using Pandora on my Android Mobile.
  5. arthurb13
    July 21, 2014 at 2:26pm
    I'm unsubscribing Elas it has been more than 4-5 years we are still waiting the posibility to access Pandora from Quebec Canada and it still is unavailable due to issues where other companies like songza, Spotify and Rdio have succeeded in making themselves available to the public This blog email notification has become but a reminder of it, instead of its news and success publications.
    1. Fred P.
      February 01, 2015 at 10:40am
      You can't get Pandora in Canada because of I assume copyright issues? I'm Canadian living in the States (Florida). I've heard of these problems. I hope you will read this on email. I'm interested to learn more.
  6. Vaughn Hysinger
    August 31, 2014 at 11:08am
    You know I love Pandora and don't even mind the price increase very much. Even though other services provide the same product for free or for a lesser amount. I live in California and in Switzerland 50/50. What gets to me is I can't even access my Pandora account from Switzerland to allow the price increase! Pandora blocks website access believing I want to stream music. Jeez can't you distinguish between a streaming request and an account access request. Heck I can get on Schwab, BofA, Amazon, Citibank and hundreds of other sites to do my business without a problem. Pandora, get your techies to do a better job of site management please.
    1. PandoraSupport
      August 31, 2014 at 11:58am
      Hello Vaughn, Please write to our support team directly for any assistance: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  7. zoneofsilence
    September 14, 2014 at 7:57pm
    Hi, I have been a Radio Jockey for long, am a complete music aficionado and a voice over artist as well. I would like to know when Pandora would make a foray into India for me to apply for a suitable position :) Thx
  8. Ashik khan
    October 13, 2014 at 7:46am
    Wow....I also like Pandora mobile phone , So , Thanks for sharing This .
  9. MoorBoats
    October 21, 2014 at 10:46pm
    Pandora, just gets better with age, just like wine
  10. Nazeer Ahmed
    October 29, 2014 at 12:18pm
    Pandora, just gets better with age
  11. Terri M
    December 01, 2014 at 1:15pm
    Hi, received notification that Pandora wasn't available in my area, what?? I'm in Sunnyvale, CA. NOT the Netherlands.... As a paying subscriber, I don't except to get this type of service.
    1. PandoraSupport
      December 02, 2014 at 8:55am
      Hello Terri - Please email our support team directly: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Kim
  12. asadi Sandhu
    December 14, 2014 at 1:33am
  13. Faidzinn
    December 25, 2014 at 4:26am
    I cann't open this site anymore in Indonesia :(
    1. PandoraSupport
      December 27, 2014 at 4:26pm
      Sorry for any confusion, but we are only legally available in the US, NZ & AU. Thanks for your patience while we work on expanding to other countries. -Katie
  14. www.thebellmountmunnar.com
    December 25, 2014 at 9:07pm
    I love Pandora..I'm glad to see this blog,you have done a great work thanks for sharing this site with us..I'm waiting for the new updates www.thebellmountmunnar.com
  15. izrada sajtova
    January 03, 2015 at 4:19pm
    As cheap as the offer of services that a company has, you want to pay for someone with experience. You can limit the speed of web-site, if you decide you integrate an excessive amount photos within your Web Design in Mississauga , seo Mississauga , Web Design Markham , Web Design North York,Web Design Woodbridge,Web Design Stoney Creek. If you have an on line business or if you are planning to start an on line business then it is crucial to have an impressive yet functional website that is different from the rest of your competitors.
  16. Sajjad Hussain
    January 05, 2015 at 11:32pm
    Hi, I love this app but you have to make some changes in the DNS or whatever as you better now, but my problem is Pandora website is sometime not opening in my country. I'm from Pakistan. Keep good work going. - Sajjad Hussain
    1. PandoraSupport
      January 06, 2015 at 8:42am
      Hi Sajjad! Thanks for your message. At this time, Pandora is only available in the USA, NZ, and AUS. However, we'd love to expand to other places someday, and we thank you for your patience while we continue to look into it. -Kim
  17. Ian L
    January 09, 2015 at 10:15am
    This really looks awesome and I can't wait for updates!
  18. ketabim
    January 18, 2015 at 12:19am
    hi . i love pandora .
  19. continuousshot
    January 20, 2015 at 11:15am
    Why not a new app for my Windows phone? Why is update for ISO and Android only? I'm pay to listen, am I not worthy?
  20. Raquel Gimenes Vega
    June 21, 2015 at 3:41am
    I enjoy it right now in the mobile!!!
  21. Admin
    June 22, 2015 at 5:42am
    This app is awesome i used it
  22. Harpreet
    July 07, 2015 at 12:21am
    This is Good News .. When You are Going to Stream Indian Music?
  23. Radka
    July 19, 2015 at 8:14am
    Great work.
  24. sasa
    August 22, 2015 at 9:55pm
    i love it
  25. film place
    October 24, 2015 at 12:17pm
    This looks is great
  26. Watch Showrooms
    November 19, 2015 at 11:10pm
    This is Great Wonderful Website Great post Thanks..
  27. خرید و فروش خودرو
    November 28, 2015 at 5:37am

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )