Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 11.12.45 AM.png

Today is a big day for Pandora: after more than a year of planning, design, engineering, and testing we’re announcing the entirely new Pandora 4.0 for iPhone and Android. This is the biggest update we’ve made to our mobile apps since we first launched.

For more than a decade our engineering team has been focused on perfecting your personalized radio listening experience and Pandora 4.0 brings a wealth of new features to your smartphone while maintaining the simplicity and ease-of-use you’ve come to expect from Pandora.

Pandora 4.0 brings a new lean in experience that’s not possible with traditional radio and provides an ideal environment for you to better discover, explore and share your favorite music.

New features of Pandora 4.0 include:

Improved Listening Features – We’ve focused on improving the core listening experience – making it easier than ever to create new stations, add variety to your stations, and browse our massive selection of more than 400 genre stations curated by our team of music experts.

Social Sharing and Discovery – Easily share your music discoveries and stations with friends on Pandora, Facebook and Twitter. A new music activity feed offers a centralized place for you to find and follow friends and other musical mentors on Pandora opening up an entirely new way to discover great music you’ll love.

Artist and Track Pages – For those times you want to dive in deeper and explore new worlds of music, we’ve added millions of artist, album, and track pages that let you learn more about the music you love – complete with full lyrics, related artists, and musicological traits from the Music Genome Project.

Musical Profile – As you use Pandora, your profile serves as a detailed timeline of the music you’ve liked or bookmarked and the stations you’ve created – a great way to rediscover the music you loved. Choose to make your profile public and other Pandora listeners can find inspiration in your discoveries.

To learn more about the update, visit http://www.pandora.com/newpandora.

Pandora 4.0 for iOS is now available for download in the App Store.

Pandora 4.0 is in final testing and will be available for all Android smartphones in the Google Play store in the coming weeks.

As always, we’d love to hear what you think. To give us feedback, get help, or find answers, visit http://help.pandora.com.

Comments

1. John Kuder
    October 29, 2012 at 4:13pm
    Sirs: I was notified on my IPAD that PANDORA has an app upgrade. I loaded the update. The results are disappointing. The screen display no longer rotates vertical to horizontal even after reloading it again. Also in the vertical display, the bottom is cut off by about a 1/4 of an inch of display- a blank area shows. Hopefully this is only ainor problem and fix. Thank you.
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 25, 2014 at 9:04am
      @John Please get in touch with our Support Team for some help. Email them here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  2. Robert
    October 29, 2012 at 4:47pm
    As long as you are excluding people from outside the US from your services this is not a big deal at all. Also, MS announced today, at the Windows Phone 8 launch event, that Pandora will also be available on WP8. This is not even mentioned here.
  3. J.W. Koebel
    October 29, 2012 at 5:14pm
    Does this release offer higher bitrate audio, for those of us with powerful smartphones and unlimited data plans to have audio quality that approaches that of the web player?
  4. Liski
    October 30, 2012 at 4:15am
    Please incorporate Last.fm scrobbling to your iOS app as well as your site.
  5. matt
    October 30, 2012 at 7:46am
    how comes none (or most) of these new features haven't found their way to the ipad? If you are going to update the ipad app, I would like to suggest add the ability to select the stations that make up the Shuffle station. The iphone version has this and there's no reason why the ipad version can't.
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 25, 2014 at 9:37am
      @Matt The iPad does have customizable Shuffle options. Click the arrow next to the Shuffle and select which stations you'd like in the mix. -Alyssa
  6. Stalyn
    October 30, 2012 at 11:52am
    Good job guys, keep the good work,
  7. lidia esqueda
    October 31, 2012 at 7:21am
    pandoraa
  8. Jeff Milton
    November 01, 2012 at 6:49am
    I'm still missing the landscape orientation that disappears a few versions ago. I keep my phone in landscape in my car for quick switching to my GPS app...
  9. Mobile Application Development
    November 16, 2012 at 1:30am
    thanks for updating with the new features of the entirely new Pandora 4.0 for iPhone and Android the biggest update to mobile apps
  10. joie scrima
    November 16, 2012 at 3:31pm
  11. afoo bj
    November 17, 2012 at 5:34am
    i love pandora
  12. David Campbell
    December 05, 2012 at 12:05am
    Please make a windows phone 8 version. At the moment I am using my mobile browser and the web page does not resize well.
  13. Wilson
    April 20, 2013 at 5:25pm
    Good.
  14. Glover
    April 25, 2013 at 7:58pm
    Well good update but I was just notified that I was almost out of hours.For mobile witch it's very stupid. I mean there is already ads aren't u making enough money now I have to pay 99cents for more hours. I'm not being cheep but its crap I love pandora till now. I would of referred anyone to it but now I won't as soon as my hours are up Ill listen to music somewhere that's not pandora mobile. Biggest joke ever.
  15. porselen diş fiyatları
    July 22, 2013 at 3:50am
    I ditched pandora for spotify. I would go back to pandora if they let me "request a song" on that station or moved to a spotify model of pay and you can listen to anything. Pandora has to update their business model. They are the best at making custom radio stations but it isn't enough to make up for the restriction when spotify and rapsody allow you to listen to whatever and as much as you want.
  16. Shobhit
    July 24, 2013 at 8:52am
    When is Pandora going to start serving Indian music, earlier I thought you people would make it available sooner but, it's too much delayed now. Is there any plans to stream Indian music? Thanks!
  17. Ana mercado
    August 01, 2013 at 1:45pm
    Me gusta escucha la musica de pandora la mejor radio
  18. news
    August 06, 2013 at 8:21pm
    I think everything said was very logical. But, what about this? suppose you added a little content? I mean, I don't want to tell you how to run your website, however suppose you added something to maybe grab folk's attention? I mean New Pandora 4.0 comes to Mobile | is kinda plain. You ought to peek at Yahoo's front page and note how they create post headlines to get viewers interested. You might try adding a video or a related pic or two to get readers excited about everything've written. In my opinion, it could bring your website a little bit more interesting.
  19. Jon
    August 23, 2013 at 6:53am
    Pandora, I used to love you guys while I was studying in the US. but because you guys never got me your service internationally. I will never look back or use your service again. I'll just have to move to apple's new iTunes radio. I wish it didn't have to be this way....
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 25, 2014 at 9:30am
      @Jon We'd like to be in more countries. We're working on acquiring licenses in other countries. Thanks for your patience and we hope you'll stick with us. -Alyssa
  20. stephen
    September 07, 2013 at 10:44am
    it seems that pandora is liberal leaning and pushing obama's agendas...as much as love listening to music there will be other ways for me. no more pandora...when you propagandize something as universal as music there is something sick there.
  21. shaany
    September 09, 2013 at 11:18am
  22. Vicki
    September 23, 2013 at 3:57pm
    I'm so happy that I can now see the artist and album.on my GPS screen instead of just hearing the music and wondering who was singing. I thought it was Apple's up grade that did this not Pandora. Who corrected this u or apple? Thx.
  23. Andrew
    October 17, 2013 at 1:43am
    Hello people of Pandora. Please make it available for Czech republic! I cant live without this thing!!!
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 25, 2014 at 9:27am
      @Andrew We're working on acquiring licenses in other countries. You can sign up to be notified when it becomes available here: http://pandora.com/restricted. -Alyssa
  24. polysh23
    October 17, 2013 at 1:44am
    hello people of pandora!! Please make it available for Czech republic... I cant live without this thing!
  25. Evelyn Corner
    October 17, 2013 at 9:37am
    I LOVE Pandora!! I am an old lady and don't have anything but my computer. I listen on this. I don't have all those new things like I-phones, or I-pads, so am content to listen as I always have done. Thank you for the wonderful choices of artists you have given me.
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 25, 2014 at 9:26am
      @Evelyn Our pleasure! Happy to hear you're enjoying your listening experience. -Alyssa
  26. Shop bao cao su
    November 14, 2013 at 7:41pm
    I LOVE Pandora
  27. daniel
    November 19, 2013 at 3:36pm
    I see Pandora is still excluding people outside of the US, no problem, iTunes radio is filling that void.
  28. free bollywood music,movies in hd,bollywood songs mp3
    November 22, 2013 at 4:52am
    .love u panndora
  29. Adi
    November 23, 2013 at 3:45pm
    Pandora 4 was fun ...
  30. nusrat
    December 17, 2013 at 7:15am
    I see Pandora and I love and like pandora.
  31. yamoussa gaoussou traore
    December 23, 2013 at 5:56am
    mauvais on veut des music
  32. Ishaan Bhati
    January 02, 2014 at 12:20am
    This is a very informative tool, I love pandora. Thanks !!
  33. Florencia
    January 25, 2014 at 4:22am
    I love Pandora
  34. arismel
    February 03, 2014 at 4:58pm
    Ok
  35. jihn
    February 13, 2014 at 12:52pm
    I appreciate keep doing the good work.
  36. iifpdelhi
    February 14, 2014 at 3:24am
    I like this version of pandora. Great information. thanks Buddy.
  37. Adam Kubeczka
    February 18, 2014 at 4:16pm
    Every time I open the Pandora applet on my iPhone I have to enter my email and password… if that is not changed by my next bill cycle I'm canceling my subscription.... I do not have time to do that every single time and I will not make time to do that every single time. Thanks
    1. PandoraSupport
      March 19, 2014 at 4:06pm
      @Adam Shoot an email to our Listener Advocates. They can help you out: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  38. albert
    March 12, 2014 at 8:41pm
    I like it alot and it good to have because it don't scratch and you don't have to worry abt it getting stolen.
  39. Ankita Singh
    March 18, 2014 at 5:08am
    I really congratulate you on this wonderful. I encourage you to continue doing them. love you pandora.
  40. M.ISMAIL
    April 03, 2014 at 11:20am
    I love pandora, really you are working very hard, keep it up...
  41. Nickel Alloys
    April 07, 2014 at 1:41am
    Great work. Looking forward to reading more from here.
  42. erotic mobile games
    April 11, 2014 at 4:07am
    Exceptional post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it!
  43. dj payola
    April 15, 2014 at 7:33am
    i love pandoa, keep working hard
  44. MikeCL
    May 03, 2014 at 9:47am
    We have the upgraded Pandora which is currently on my wife's IPod. How do I activate Pandora on my IPod/IPhone?
    1. PandoraSupport
      May 06, 2014 at 9:08am
      @MIKECL Shoot an email to our Listener Advocates. They can help you out: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  45. lowongan kerja kediri
    May 03, 2014 at 3:47pm
    Every time I open the Pandora applet on my iPhone I have to enter my email and password… if that is not changed by my next bill cycle I’m canceling my subscription…. I do not have time to do that every single time and I will not make time to do that every single time. Thanks lowongan kerja kediri
    1. PandoraSupport
      May 06, 2014 at 9:09am
      @LOWONGAN Please email our Support Team for help with your account here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  46. Meftun MEDE
    May 06, 2014 at 11:13am
    Great work. I love pandora and thank you.
  47. atulm2m
    May 12, 2014 at 9:08am
    I absolutely love your app. You make my work days go much smoother, I can't imagine working a daily 8 hours without your music stations. I was really surprised when I came across some Bollywood music stations with Shankar Ehsaan Loy and A R Rahman. Go Pandora!
  48. muhammadyousuf05
    May 18, 2014 at 2:04am
    It is really good news for me.Thank you
  49. Bill Gibson
    May 21, 2014 at 7:33pm
    When I get a new phone, why do I have to create a new pandora account... why can't I just log in from my new phone using my old info... I'm going to run out of email addresses.. also how do I get a forgotten password?
    1. PandoraSupport
      June 03, 2014 at 12:39pm
      @Bill Our Support Team can help you out. Email them here: http://pdora.co/writeus. -Alyssa
  50. Arturo
    June 11, 2014 at 6:04pm
    Hello. I used to use Pandora a lot when I was in the U.S. Now that I have moved to Canada about 4 years ago, I've been patiently waiting for it to be once again available. I do use Pandora at every chance I am in the U.S. however. My question is, when will it be available in Canada? I, and I'm sure, many people can't wait for the day it is available once again. I thank you again for your efforts on such a g reat application. Sincerely, Arturo
    1. PandoraSupport
      June 17, 2014 at 10:24am
      @Arturo Sorry for the inconvenience. We're working on acquiring licenses in other countries. Thanks for your patience and support. -Alyssa

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )