I have lost count of the number of times a Pandora listener has told me that they learned about our service from their hair dresser, dentist, barista or bartender. I’ve also been saving a long list of emails from business owners, large and small, who have written to us in growing numbers since we launched Pandora asking when we might offer Pandora for use in a commercial setting. I’m really excited to be able to tell these folks that we now have an offering just for them. We have recently established a partnership with a company called DMX. They’re an innovator in the commercial music space and have integrated Pandora into a product that is designed for use in business establishments. It is a very affordable solution that enables all types of businesses from car dealerships to medical offices to salons and coffee shops to play Pandora.

With this service, businesses can effortlessly personalize their in-store music program to match their environment and brand, and create the perfect in-store and in-office sound for you, their customers.

The next time you’re settling into the dentist chair or – much better – sidling up to a bar, ask them if they’re playing Pandora. If they’re not, you can tell them to check it out here: www.dmx.com/pandora

Comments

1. Fix Page
    November 01, 2011 at 6:03am
    The link does not work for me :( "We couldn't find the page you were looking for, but we can find and play the music you love."
  2. Kevin
    November 01, 2011 at 8:58am
    I am getting a 404 error message on the URL: www.pandora.com/business "We couldn't find the page you were looking for, but we can find and play the music you love."
  3. Brian
    November 01, 2011 at 10:16pm
    Sorry but Pandora is expanding to fast. Pandora was a great site, but they still need to work on some of the bugs of their new upgrade. It's constantly choppey. If I could pause the music so the ad could load, I'm sure the music would do better. But 8 seconds later, as soon as I press play, it has to load a new ad. That in turn, cause it to continiously remain choppy. Hope you can fix the problems guys. Oh.. and thanks for what you guys are doing here. I'm sure it's not easy, but it is pretty sweet.
  4. Lori Thomas
    November 02, 2011 at 9:13am
    I have also heard Pandora at offices and retail stores. I think that even more businesses would play it if you could filter out sonds with explicit lyrics. My students love it when I play a Pandora mix during work time in the Art room, but the random curse words are making that nearly impossible.
  5. Kei
    November 02, 2011 at 9:19am
    THANK YOU Pandora!!! Music in mi veins; any type, any where, any time.... MUAH!!
  6. Ray Morris
    November 03, 2011 at 7:43am
    The shuffle doesn't work anymore.
  7. Dustin Johnson
    November 03, 2011 at 6:32pm
    Hey that's so awesome guys! I'd love to get involved with Pandora because I use it everyday and live in Wisconsin. I love the service, wonderful job. Please let me know if I could help the company.
  8. Erin
    November 04, 2011 at 2:31am
    I heard Pandora for the first time while in the dentist chair. I made a comment about the song that was playing and they told me all about Pandora. A month later I saw a friend had posted something on facebook about Pandora so I decided to give it a try. I am officially addicted!!! I love Pandora and I am so very thankful I found it. Exactly what I've always needed. I can't even program my ipod to give me the variety I get here. And I love love love that it is free. Keep up the good work Pandora. I've been spreading the word. Music is my life and I can't imagine how I ever survived before I found you!!
  9. Pia
    November 05, 2011 at 1:27am
    I can't tell you how frustrated I am with the new Pandora format. It's crap. Every 2 minutes I need to hit the reload button or at the end of every song... did I miss the memo about some mysterious download I missed that fixes this? Plus it's huge, so I can no longer vote discretely at work. I do like the larger size at home, but I mostly listen at the office. Above all, the streaming quality now sucks... what am I paying for? :( My TV streaming account has the same problem. Luckily I don't have it on my phone, or I might be cancelling my subsription now rather than whining... Frustrated in Cali...!
  10. Jubair Rahman
    November 06, 2011 at 6:51am
    We like to listen pandora for ever.
  11. dp
    November 06, 2011 at 12:34pm
    Stop the cornyness!
  12. Candiss Lawrence
    November 07, 2011 at 10:22pm
    can't access the site. the Pandora page loads, ahh but no tunes. how can I fix this?
  13. A.M. Llewellyn
    November 08, 2011 at 7:34pm
    Just wanted to say thanks--I like the new format and really enjoy the site. I first heard Pandora from my English teacher's computer. While I listen for free now I might end up buying a subscription to help support.
  14. Manav
    November 08, 2011 at 9:59pm
    What kind of jerks are you? Where is my windows phone app lamers?
  15. Josh
    November 09, 2011 at 1:21pm
    I'd be surprised to find anyone who has not yet heard of Pandora, unless they use very little technology to begin with. One of the greatest services of our time. Many others have tried to do the same thing but without Pandora's success. I'll be paying attention to see if I notice it various business establishments.
  16. rick
    November 09, 2011 at 8:43pm
    this is as everything else, full of commercial bull. the music is great but the greed is is really getting to me. we are really headed down the wrong road.
  17. afrina
    November 10, 2011 at 3:11pm
    I just bought one month of via the in app purchase. I prefer to use this program over Itunes' Genius bar. My biggest pet peeve with Pandora is the delay and related noise that accomapnies pausing the song I'm on. It's very annoying.
  18. Don
    November 10, 2011 at 6:44pm
    Pandora delights those visiting in more than 140 million specialty stores including Hollister, TOUS, Sephora, Camille La Vie, Guess,etc.
  19. Amy
    November 11, 2011 at 6:48am
    I had a upgrade on it this morning when I woke up. did the upgrade everything was right. I have had it on for the last 2 hours while packing my house and have yet to hear a full song. I have it on country hyms and it is jumping all over from todays country to clasic country. Really hope that yall can fix it soon.
  20. David Scott
    November 11, 2011 at 8:35am
    It would be nice to have the liner notes from the albums. It would also be nice to have the artists who perform on various tracks listed. Especially when you like the other artist, and would like to hear more music from them. Thanks, keep up the good work. LOVE Pandora!
  21. dave
    November 11, 2011 at 11:39am
    New Pandora sucks. It's too big, busy and slow, slow, slow. I have a reasonably fast internet connection and newish computer. How come Netflix movies and Youtube videos play just fine, but pandora cliches and stumbles continuously? So.... I'm looking into all the other alternatives now. Bummer... I'll miss the old pandora.
  22. Eryn
    November 12, 2011 at 1:29am
    I think Pandora needs a LOVE button to go along with the like and dislike.
  23. Computer Tips
    November 12, 2011 at 12:32pm
    Thank U pandora!!!
  24. michelle
    November 12, 2011 at 4:48pm
    I love pandora and the comercials don't bother me in the least but now i was wondering why the comercials have been getting stuck. it's like they studder. i have to stop what i am doing to move the mouse and that fixes it.
  25. Alder
    November 13, 2011 at 9:50am
    Why am I getting Rap on my Pandora? I can't tell you how much Rap irritates me to say the least. I'm sure I didn't choose this.
  26. Resty
    November 14, 2011 at 12:13am
    I thought your Terms says: "Except as set forth below in Section 2.1, Pandora is for personal use only. That means you can't play Pandora for the patrons in your bar, coffee shop, etc."
  27. oracle
    November 14, 2011 at 5:27am
    pandora pandora.. we love you for the music u give to my ear. thanks
  28. dave
    November 14, 2011 at 8:29am
    I am very frustrated with the new Pandora. It really is crap. I also have to keep hitting the forward button everytime it shuts down. Plus, I cannot configure my Shuffle without it reverting back to the full station choice. I have to recreate my shuffle every time i use it. But he shutting down thing is nuts. Why should I pay a annual fee for a service when I get the same short play deal for free? If the bugs are not worked out by December when my membership fee is due, I will not re up. What was wrong with the old Pandora????? I liked it just fine. And why release such a crappy "upgrade" before these bugs are worked out? This is my second comment and I have not heard any suggestions or answers to my questions. I have also seen a lot of other similar comments. Yes to Josh....Pandora is great....but business is business and I am not going to pay for a service that I have to keep rebooting every five minutes. Come on.....This is not personal. don't make us try to feel guilty because we dare to ask questions....this ain't political correct time.
  29. Roberto
    November 14, 2011 at 12:16pm
    Where could I get the old Pandora UI? I apologize for the randomness, but the corresponding post for this is closed and I can't find an answer to this. The other UI was more reliable when using for long periods of time. Please, give me an option to go back to the old UI.
  30. zhou zhaosheng
    November 14, 2011 at 10:17pm
    Hi I am shareholder and lost much recently on you. I wonder why spotify can lanch everywhere internationally, while you can't?
  31. Ivey Rice
    November 15, 2011 at 10:47am
    Dear Tim: I am looking for a song by Player---Baby Come Back, I would like this song on Pandora, in with Hall and Oates, Ambrosia, Earth Wind and Fire Genre? Do you have it in here? I cannot find Player at all...please see if you can get (Ridge- actor from soap Bold and Beautiful)to approve it? His band is Player and he wrote..it..IR
  32. dave
    November 16, 2011 at 12:38pm
    I am scheduled to renew my membership this december but with all the glitches, shut downs, inability to "remember" My Shuffle, I am not going to renew. I have written about these issues and there has been no reply to my questions or others about the problems with the new Pandora. I tried.
  33. Charlie
    November 16, 2011 at 2:22pm
    If there is a list of the 7 wonders of the modern world, Pandora should definitely be on it; I think you guy are just the best; love the service
  34. Scentsy
    November 19, 2011 at 11:25am
    I am also a user of Pandora on my smart phone. I upload Pandora on my phone and plug in my Bose laptop speakers and use it as my home stereo. I occassionally use Pandora in my car. Getting ready to create a new Holiday station. :)
  35. J Rob
    November 20, 2011 at 9:24pm
    I'd pay $36 a year for fewer ads. I'd also like to set preferences for an occasional ad. I hate cars, I'd like to hear ads from bicycle shops nearby. I'd bookmark those sales. And for $36 I'd pay to get bookmarks back. I often mark them and buy them later. If I like a song I vote "like". If I love a song I used to also bookmark it. Please listen to your customers. Google is full of people wondering why you removed bookmarks. OMG, the new version sucks until this comes back. With no bookmarks I'm forced to keep a google doc open and write down the name of the song and artist.
  36. Teasha
    November 21, 2011 at 2:09pm
    I've learned about some of my favorite Pandora radio stations by hearing them at the salon where I get my nails done. Definitely a good way to spark up conversation with clients!
  37. homer
    November 22, 2011 at 7:51am
    WHO plays birdman on a black keys station? I have had to hit the dislike button so many times on this station that it won't let me skip. You guys really need to work on what music goes with what genre...this is awful. If it does it again I am switching to the "I heart radio" app. Get it together Pandora!
  38. SkipHop
    November 23, 2011 at 1:42am
    Great! - Pandora All The Way! Gideon
  39. Ruben
    November 23, 2011 at 7:00am
    Pandora for Droid Incredible is NOT working and either FIX it or I want a refund. I'm only getting half songs and all this started with a Pandora update. FIX IT NOW!!!
  40. Angie
    November 23, 2011 at 9:41am
    Tim you really need to come to parma there are some really great local acts here
  41. steven guy
    November 26, 2011 at 4:14pm
    I like the new pandora but it can be a bit hard to navigate around looking for songs,but even so its nice and im shaw ill get used to it.
  42. james – recetas faciles
    November 27, 2011 at 8:16am
    hay alguna posibilidad de que llegue a paraguay?
  43. Stephen
    November 28, 2011 at 11:38am
    can you guys do something about the new layout of pandora. it skips constantly. takes forever to load. what did you guys do!? it was fine before. way to ruin a good thing
  44. Angel – Recetas Faciles
    November 28, 2011 at 5:47pm
    I do not understand, who speak another language is not grounds for censoring my comment
  45. mendy
    November 28, 2011 at 6:23pm
    again my pandora worked fine until i paid the $36 now its skippy and etc
  46. SEO West Palm Beach
    November 29, 2011 at 11:13am
    i really like the Pandora App. I use it when I am working.
  47. gary
    November 30, 2011 at 12:55pm
    Why does the shuffle stil not work?