comedy_blog_graphic_3.jpg Dear Listeners –

We’re excited to say that we are officially in the business of telling jokes! Starting now, you can launch personalized comedy stations on Pandora from any genre or comedian.

Adding comedians to the mix has been one of the top requests from our listeners, so we’ve taken the same approach to comedy as we have to music: carefully and deliberately analyzing comedic “bits” across a very large number of attributes to capture the style, delivery and content of each performance. It’s been a very fun experience, taking what we’ve learned in music and applying it to a whole new category. Now, instead of talking about “minor keys,” “falsetto,” and “extensive vamping,” our comedy-analysts capture “odd juxtaposition” (A horse walks into a bar…), “misdirection” and “spoonerisms” (a well-boiled icicle, instead of a well-oiled bicycle)…

We’ve had a great team of working comedians furiously analyzing what is now a collection of more than 10,000 sketches from more than 700 different comics and counting.

As with music, we hope that the Comedy Genome Project will let people enjoy comedy they know as well as discover new talent that they love. And for comedians everywhere we hope that Pandora can provide a great big new platform for new fans. There is surely nothing more important than helping the world laugh a little more!

We hope you’ll give it a whirl. Here are some quick options to get you started if you need some: Comedy Genres.

And, as always, don’t be shy about feedback, we love to hear from you.

Tim (Founder)
Tom (Chief Technology Officer)

1. Jeff Ullrich
    May 05, 2011 at 7:07pm
    Who is the right person to contact about participating in this project? I own a comedy podcasting network, Earwolf, and I'd like to learn more. Thanks!
  2. Suresh Kumar
    May 06, 2011 at 3:04am
    I am taking this opportunity to share some thoughts while I continue to be one of Pandora avid listener. Recently I bought a LED TV which has some interesting features like connecting to Wifi Routers which means the TV is internet Ready. I plugged the HDMI ports to my Amp and a perfect solution with minimal wires Music, Video or TV all in One with Single Remote control. Thats when I was wondering while reviewing some of the inbuilt Applications like YouTube, Flickr why not Pandora which means I can power my TV to the best of Music. I thought for Pandora this could mean additional Channel to distribute reaching out and delivering quality User Experience. Should you feel this is a good idea would be good to hear back on
  3. Daniel J. Hinton
    May 06, 2011 at 6:50am
    Thank You so much for including comedy. I have been torn between Pandora and Slacker because of the Comedy Channels. Now I have a definitive winner. Now all you need is a Great Speeches through out time channel and my world will be complete. Thanks again Pandora
  4. Lee
    May 06, 2011 at 9:05am
    Was on the site ,,,listening to music,,,THEN It pops up with gay guys that I can meet in Quincy... Clean up the act,,,and get some one to answer your corp. phone. gr7azv captcha:
  5. Frank
    May 06, 2011 at 12:55pm
    Oh, I see: comments are closed.
  6. Ellen Wohlstadter
    May 08, 2011 at 11:51am
    I love your site and listen all the time! I had a sqeeze box for a few years in my pottery studio. But found lately I was having trouble with it. So I recently got a itouch and now listen to Pandora through that devise. I know that I was paying a small yearly fee for the squeeze box. Now that I am not using it, I would like to cancel it. I don't have records of where the payment was made. Was it through Pandora directly. Thanks, Ellen Wohlstadter (sister-in-law of Rich Wohlstater)
  7. Arlene Miller
    May 08, 2011 at 7:53pm
    I love, love, love Pandora -- especially on my iPhone! Thanks for the great music!
  8. ka5p
    May 09, 2011 at 6:31pm
    You folks need to look into "The Jive Aces" w/Ian Clarkson absolutely awesome 40's-50's style !! love Pandora.....Thanks Pat
  9. Ann
    May 10, 2011 at 5:17am
    Knock Knock... Who's there... Great Jokes Great Jokes Who? Great Jokes on Pandora!!
  10. bunnyday
    May 10, 2011 at 9:23am
    When I first found Pandora I thought it the best thing since sliced bread, until I ran over the monthly limit. I quickly found other sites with similar formats (eg, aol radio etc) and plenty of programs that gave easy access to the world's FM radios. I actually forgot about Pandora until yesterday. Now I'm not one for giving out free business advice but why would you drive away traffic in an attempt to sign up paying customers? Does that business model work for you? I can't imagine paying to receive advertising samples of music albums and on the air ads when and aol provide the same for free.