charliebrownxmas.jpg
Merry Christmas and all that jazz.
I hope you’re enjoying the holiday season so far!
Here’s some great holiday stations we’ve made for you:
Rockin’ Holidays
Peaceful Holidays
Swingin’ Christmas
Jazz Holidays
A Classical Christmas
There’s many more holiday stations, including Hanukkah, here.

To make your own holiday station from scratch, all you have to do is type in the name of an artist + the word holiday. Like so:
Ray Charles Holiday
Nat King Cole Holiday
Harry Connick Jr. Holiday
Vince Guaraldi Trio Holiday (A Charlie Brown Christmas!)
Mariah Carey Holiday
Vienna Boys Choir Holiday
Or, you can start a station from a holiday song, picking which version you’d like:
santapiano.jpg
White Christmas
Angels We Have Heard On High
We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
Santa Baby

From all of us here at Pandora to all of you out there enjoying the music, Happy Holidays!
— Lucia
(community manager)

Comments

1. craigfoss
    January 06, 2010 at 9:23am
    Hi, I am a great lover of country song. My nice told me this is a grate station for this kind of song. But I cannot tune up this station what is the matter. Thanks craigfoss electric wine bottle opener flybar pogo schwinn roadster
  2. James Valenzuela
    January 06, 2010 at 10:34am
    U should add lowrider oldies to your oldies list.
  3. Mike
    January 06, 2010 at 12:42pm
    Hey Pandora - Happy 10 Year Anniversary!!!! Keep on rockin' and doin' all the great things that you do!
  4. David White
    January 06, 2010 at 1:19pm
    I thoroughly enjoy listening to this station at work and at home.
  5. Mark Collen
    January 07, 2010 at 9:36pm
    I won't be using your service, because I can't skip whichever songs I don't like. I find myself having to sit through song after song after song that I just absolutely DETEST. I understand that it's a licensing thing, but the logic here is TOTALLY screwed up... I can't NOT listen a tune I DON'T want to listen to? I'd assume the labels make this requirement because they want to expose you to artists you might only like marginally in the hope they'll grow on you or something. But, what, are they hoping to *force-feed* you artists irrespective of whether they appeal to you or not? That's a GUARANTEED great way to lose a listener's attention COMPLETELY, rather than allowing them to find some other artist on that label they might LIKE. This is a FATAL flaw in your system. Who has the time to be subjected to song after song you *vehemently* dislike without a skip-it option? This would be less of a problem if your "genome project" did not do such a poor job of understanding what I like and dislike about given songs -- the criteria you cite about the songs I like, that prompt you to choose the songs you do, largely miss the pertinent points, and concentrate on irrelevancies -- you bat WAY lower even than Tivo does on my TV preferences -- I hear maybe one in ten or fifteen songs that matches what I liked about the "base" song... and that means skipping through a lot of stuff that just irritates or bores me... but your website will not allow me to do that. So I won't be using it. Thanks,
  6. DSM
    January 08, 2010 at 4:20pm
    What weight does Pandora give to the artist that we created the station about? I created a John Denver station and I seem to only get a rare John Denver song -- 80%+ are by other people. It might be nice if Pandora had a display showing roughly how it was picking songs for us to hear and give us a hint on how we might influence it more. If I mark all the songs that I like on all my stations, then all of my stations will tend to sound the same, right?
  7. Vicki
    January 08, 2010 at 5:00pm
    Great music thanks for all your work in providing this for all of us!
  8. Jesse
    January 09, 2010 at 10:19am
    Just started listening yesterday, wow!! Awesome!!! So very nice of you guys providing this, i love it...keep on rocking and i'll keep on trucking!!!! ;-). Thks. To all of you. Good days!!!!.
  9. Diana rethford
    January 09, 2010 at 6:48pm
    Wow! Thank you for endless great music....I am loving this!
  10. bjensew
    January 10, 2010 at 11:32am
    I created a station for a specific artist. Other than the first time I have never heard the artist again. Why?
  11. melody
    January 11, 2010 at 1:00am
    I just started listening, u guys really did a great job putting my music together ,rock and pop. I love all of you guys at pandora,keep up the good work in 2010.
  12. JayDee65
    January 11, 2010 at 7:38am
    Mobile Pandora soon? Just got on Pandora for the first time yesterday, Jan 9, 2010. I love it! I didn't think I would find what I like like since it's not popular here in the US (Eluveitie, Amon Arath ect), so I was pleasently surprised. I would have discovered Pandora months ago if I was able to get it from my Samsung Saga which utilizes Windows Professional 6(!) enternet explorer 7(?) and mobile Opera Browsers. I think a lot of people are using Mobile browsers these days and wondering if Pandora is planning to expand to Mobile? Cheers to the Pandora team!
  13. suzie-q
    January 11, 2010 at 9:01am
    This Pandora Radio is GREAT a friend turned me on to it thank GOD for friends!!!
  14. carole
    January 11, 2010 at 1:55pm
    I just connected, wow I am just loving it, now I can hear just the kind of music I enjoy, you do a great job of matching my artist with like ones. I am spreading the word. Thanks
  15. Kevin
    January 11, 2010 at 6:46pm
    I see you have added periodic adds to your station. The Netflix one was particularly annoying. I am currently looking for an alternative to Pandora because I really, really hate this new development. Any suggestions for a good add-free service?
  16. doug
    January 11, 2010 at 8:38pm
    A, while back, I named, these D.J.'s (Panhead's), well, the greatest!. Keep the slamming-jamming, nusic, in 2010!..
  17. RAY RAY
    January 12, 2010 at 6:37am
    Pandora is awesome! I wouldn't consider another anything else
  18. suzanne
    January 12, 2010 at 7:17am
    I want to thank you for your radio station and variety. I have one complaint today. It is mid January. Can we please stop the Christmas music?
  19. Laurel
    January 12, 2010 at 7:41am
    Thank you for the great music. Terrific Idea - I've been listening for years.
  20. Linda
    January 12, 2010 at 10:11am
    I am dissapointed that you music page is always having technical difficulties. Why is this? Also, I listen to oldies, doo wap and a lot of the songs are by off the wall artists. I really think you need to check and get the artist that made the song a hit. Thanks
  21. Linda
    January 12, 2010 at 10:15am
    Could you please get rid of the "I am still listening" thing. It takes many tries to even get the thing working and after an hour or so it quits until you click the I am still listening button. I listen all day at work and get tired of clicking it. Also, when I go online I lose the station completely and have to start over. Why is this?
  22. Lynn
    January 12, 2010 at 10:54am
    Where have you all been all my life. I LOVE THIS! I want to put a Pandora banner on all my websites. I am a fine artist and this is my new best friend in my studio. Been rock'in all morning. Did I say I loved this? :)
  23. Katie
    January 12, 2010 at 2:41pm
    This site is awesome. Every song that comes on my station, I like.
  24. Pat
    January 12, 2010 at 2:54pm
    Thank you so much for this wonderful musical service. I have enjoyed it for over a year, I think. I am not really a new listener, but yesterday I installed Internet Explorer 8, and lost all my saved stations! Oh well, I don't mind starting over. It is so simple and fun. This senior citizen loves Pandora!
  25. lisbeth
    January 13, 2010 at 9:35am
    hey guys i just wanted to thank ya for such a beautiful project !!!!
  26. Sam
    January 13, 2010 at 11:03am
    Greetings, First, Pandora has lots of potential and does the job wonderfully. Second, I see a possible enhancement to the iPhone application and possibly to the way Pandora does others too. I play the Pandora thru my iPhone and very often when I am in say, XYZ station, I find myself listening to a song I like but is NOT in the station's list of singers that I have. Of course, I'd like to add it. However, to add this new singer to the station I have to exit and add the singer by typing his/her name manually. Instead, why not have an option (may be in the up arrow between the thumbs up/down icons) similar to 'Email this Station' where one could add that singer without existing and while listening? Just my 2 cents to this pretty good work! Keep it up, Sam.
  27. Ryan, Pandora Support
    January 13, 2010 at 3:10pm
    @Hydra -- Sorry we're not licensed internationally yet. Audio content streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are working on acquiring the proper licenses to accommodate them. ------------------------------- @Elizabeth -- thanks for the heads up! We'll look into correcting that. ------------------------------- @David, @DSM -- We can only play 4 songs from a given artist during a 3 hour period, due to licensing issues. As a result, you might not hear the artist you request as often as you'd like. That being said, Pandora is a music discovery service; we hope you can find Pandora useful in expanding your musical horizons!
  28. Ryan, Pandora Support
    January 13, 2010 at 3:23pm
    @J -- Sorry you're experiencing problems. Please contact pandora-support@pandora.com for assistance. ------------------------------- @noell -- It's true that there's currently no way to ban an artist across all your stations. However, you can ban an artist completely from a station by giving a Thumbs-down rating to any two songs by that artist on a particular station. Keep in mind that the artist will not be banned, even with two Thumbs-down ratings under either of the following conditions: * If at any time you gave a song by this artist a "Thumbs Up" vote on this station. * If that artist was used to create that station, or was added to the station as an Artist seed at some point.
  29. DanTheManMS
    January 14, 2010 at 9:33pm
    The latest update for the iPhone app (out yesterday, January 13th) adds new advertising and tracking software called Medialets. Nowhere on this site or the app download page is it mentioned to the user that this is being used, or that they will be tracked by this ad framework. The "update news" for the new version only says the update was for "bug fixes" and nothing else, but it's clearly virtually the same program but with more tracking software installed. Upon installing the new version, I found this wonderful screen: http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/6633/pandoramedialets.png The whole point of installing PrivaCy was so that I could opt-out of the data mining techniques. Apparently I can no longer use the app unless I allow Medialets to run with Pandora. I've done some digging, and have read claims that Medialets can get quite intrusive in the data it collects, possibly including your device-specific UDID and even going so far as to track your physical location. Whether this particular form of tracking is used by Pandora or not I have no clue, because they don't even acknowledge it's being used at all. Actually hang on a moment here. For the first time I actually looked at the ads, and while they appear the same, I notice that my state's name is being used in the ad. Going back to the old version, I don't think this was the case. So it is tracking my location in some way, though I have no way of knowing just how specific the info it sends is. And this brings up a whole new issue regarding Pandora One. Let's say I pay the $36 (which up until this point I was entirely planning on doing upon receiving my paycheck tomorrow). Obviously I get no more ads, but will Pandora continue to track me with Medialets even after paying? My hunch is that the answer is "yes." I'm understand that usage statistics are an important part of something like Pandora, which is entirely dependent upon interpreting data about users. However, pushing such an intrusive tracking mechanism on users, without even notifying them (and instead hiding behind a "bug fixes" excuse for the update rather than being honest about it) is both ridiculous and disappointing. Maybe it's just because it's on a mobile phone that such data collection seems so much more severe and paranoia-inducing than when using the web client. I don't really know, but it's outraged several people already (looking at the reviews on the App Store for the current version). At least be up front about it and say "We will track such-and-such data from the mobile phone version of Pandora" so people aren't misled into it. Exactly what info is collected? UDID? Location? Jailbroken status? Yes, I've read your privacy policy, but it mostly pertains to the web-based client and doesn't address the concerns I've brought up. I really like Pandora, and wish to continue using it. I'm just appalled at the lack of foresight and communication regarding this update.
  30. Mariana
    January 16, 2010 at 10:51pm
    Hello Just wanted to say that its annoying the way the playlist layout is designed. Its way to hard to go through the list and find a song. The playlist layout should go all the way down, almost to reach the links at the bottom, so we can search it easier, Thank you :)
  31. Kathi
    January 17, 2010 at 11:20am
    I would like to upgrad to Pandora One but never give my credit card over the internet--ID theft issues. Do you have a phone no. or an address so that I can pay the $36/yr. Pls. advise. Love your music! It makes working on my PC so much more fun! Kathi
  32. Nurav
    January 18, 2010 at 8:04am
    Hi, belated Maerry Christmas and a wonderful Happy new year. its so good to hear some great music in pandora. can we do something to eradicate the song issue? i mean david said we can only play 3-4 songs per 3 hours. this is kinda annoying. anyways to overcome this? guys any ideas ?
  33. Tom Conrad
    January 19, 2010 at 10:58pm
    @DanTheManMS: Hi, this is Tom Conrad and I'm the CTO at Pandora. In addition to a number of bug fixes, our new iPhone update supports a handful of new ad formats, including ads that run in the Medialet ad framework. The Medialets technology we've included is the same that other respected and trusted iPhone apps such as those from CNN, NPR and The New York Times have been using for some time. Our use of the Medialets engine simply provides a more interactive environment and engaging platform for ads. The basic ad model in our iPhone app is the same as it has always been: we present a banner or audio ad, and if you tap for more information you are taken to a full screen "landing page" that tells you more. In the new build, these landing pages can now be more interactive and frankly, we think, more fun thanks to the Medialets technology. We care passionately about privacy and we don't pass any personally identifiable information to Medialets. Your personal data and application usage information are completely safe within this environment and are not being tracked by medialets. Why the new ad technology? We pay royalties on every song we play, for every listener who hears it... so the only way to continue to offer a free application is to support it with advertising. That means we have to enable our app to serve the kind of ads that have become the norm for similar iPhone apps.
  34. jayne fertig
    January 23, 2010 at 5:03pm
    Please Forward this info to Tim, thanks Hey Tim, Happy New Year! AHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! When I first discovered Yahoo Music in 2006 it was my salvation at the time when I didn't have access to my music or radio......after hours of great interactive listening I changed my email account and lost my radio station!!!!!!!! UGGh Just last week someone mentioned Pandora music and I just got a chance to check out Pandora......YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo glad to see your transformation and success!!!! What a great thing you've been able to continue! Hope you are enjoying it all!!! I'm your fan~! and glad to "be back"
  35. marcus
    February 18, 2010 at 3:36pm
    love your idea, the station and more. You guys have a lot of great music thanks for what you do. I am not sure why but I get a ton of Christmas music on my station. I reject them every time but they still keep coming up. Love Christmas music in December, but not the whole rest of the year. It seems to get more frequent instead of less for some reason. Any help or could you make an option for season favorites? That'd be great. Thanks again for your hard work!
  36. jose
    February 24, 2010 at 12:30pm
    is there anybody else having problems with the flash local storage? how do you guys fix it i need help. please
  37. John
    March 01, 2010 at 2:16pm
    I understand the need for ads but why is the Netflicks ad Covering the controls and hiding the currently playing song?
  38. Ron
    March 04, 2010 at 7:38am
    I think this is the truly premier web site for music. You do an outstanding job. Can not thank you enough.
  39. Lynn
    March 08, 2010 at 10:37am
    I guess Pandora isn't for me. I searched for a French Canadian song called La Bastringue and ended up with several tired musicians playing ho-hum blue grass music. Not willing to listen through hours of mediocre music hoping to hear La Bastringue or something with equal energy.
  40. Brain Mose
    March 16, 2010 at 3:06pm
    I can not get pandora to play...you are always trying to find the right song...whatever... and I have USCellular for my blackberry!!
  41. R Buck
    March 22, 2010 at 7:54pm
    I had almost given up on radio. I am truly amazed how great Pandora has been. Everybody that knows me knows I am not easily impressed.
  42. ruby gonzales
    March 27, 2010 at 10:51am
    I am trying to play a song in pandora, but I don't think you all have it. The song is by Gene Autry, and the title of the song is "Texans Never Cry" I belive it is the title of a Movie , which he made in 1951, Thanks, Ruby
  43. Andrew Tremain
    March 28, 2010 at 12:31pm
    Pandora needs a visualizer. I spend hours of my life wasting away in front of the Pandora main page and I would spend even more time if it had a music visualizer. iTunes has one, WindowsMediaPlayer has one, why the f*** doesn't Pandora? Please, I'm asking nicely and unless you want me and my biplane flying through your office window then shape up and include a free visualizer! Please... and I'm just kidding about the plane thing...