Happy Holidays!
This year, we’re delighted to present a Hanukkah station on Pandora.
Also known as “The Festival of Lights,” Hanukkah begins this year on December 11 at sundown.
menorah.jpg
This is a special, curated station that solely features Hanukkah-related music. While you won’t be able to personalize it like other Pandora stations, we hope that the music we’ve collected adds to the fun and festivity of your celebrations. Enjoy the music, light the lights, and have a wonderful Hanukkah.
Jem
Listener Advocate & Hanukkah station music curator

…For those who are looking for Christmas music, you’ll find some here.

Comments

1. Vanity
    December 10, 2009 at 1:27am
    Tomorrow ya The Festival begin... can't wait to enjoy the music there
  2. Tires
    December 10, 2009 at 7:24am
    Nice: It is good to have such diversity around the Holiday Season.
  3. edb
    December 10, 2009 at 10:18am
    I'm definitely enjoying the station, while having the small quibbles I suspect everyone has with curated stations over song choice (Zum Gali Gali is not exactly what comes to my mind as a Hanukkah song, even if it's on something labeled as a Hanukkah album). It's clearly not possible to know if any given song is on your list, but I was wondering about one of my favorite Hanukkah songs. The only recording I've ever heard of it was by The Short Sisters on this Fast Folk Musical Magazine album: http://www.folkways.si.edu/TrackDetails.aspx?itemid=576. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
  4. Au Pair
    December 10, 2009 at 12:53pm
    Hey this is pretty cool. I have used different music stations like yahoo music and slacker, and I have not found anything like a Hanukkah station. It is cool to see what kind of music, those of that faith enjoy.
  5. Stuart
    December 10, 2009 at 2:19pm
    What a wonderful idea! Hanukkah music isn't always easy to find on the net. It's nice to see cultural respect.
  6. Steve
    December 11, 2009 at 3:46am
    I'm not Jewish, but this is neat. I haven't listened to Hanukka-related music before.
  7. Evelyn HOOGLAND
    December 11, 2009 at 10:43am
    I love the music you offer. Thanks for the hard work putting this together. I'm sorry I did not know about the music a year agao. Keep me posted on all the new things. EH.
  8. marco
    December 11, 2009 at 10:12pm
    this es vary good tanyou for letme enjoy my music of my vary good years aprecire you duing vary good thing you have everithing tha i like especial on the mariachi music happy sesons an merry chysmas to evreone bay
  9. Donna McAndrew
    December 14, 2009 at 5:10am
    i would love to her more variety on the Christmas station, such as Bing Crosby, Burl Ives and other oldies
  10. Lucia @ Pandora
    December 14, 2009 at 5:27pm
    Thanks for the feedback, all; I'm glad you're enjoying the Hanukkah station! edb - We bought over 70 Hanukkah albums, but it doesn't look like we found that Short Sisters song... sorry! You "stumped" us. ;) We have 3 versions of "Zum Gali Gali" on Hanukkah albums we purchased, but I'll happily delete them from this playlist if you think they're inappropriate for the station. Thanks for the feedback! --------------------------------------- Donna - You're welcome to add Bing Crosby Holiday and Burl Ives Holiday music to your station! Here's info on how to add more artists to a station: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/#475 And here's two Christmas stations you might like that feature both men: Crooner Christmas: http://www.pandora.com/stations/6ba033bbcb766291790835d15b038612e7c5e7241f96d370 Oldies Holiday: http://www.pandora.com/stations/34605d337210d8ea2376026f9c9156bd097373da80590865 Thanks, and Happy Holidays!! :) Lucia

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )