Happy Holidays!
This year, we’re delighted to present a Hanukkah station on Pandora.
Also known as “The Festival of Lights,” Hanukkah begins this year on December 11 at sundown.
menorah.jpg
This is a special, curated station that solely features Hanukkah-related music. While you won’t be able to personalize it like other Pandora stations, we hope that the music we’ve collected adds to the fun and festivity of your celebrations. Enjoy the music, light the lights, and have a wonderful Hanukkah.
Jem
Listener Advocate & Hanukkah station music curator

…For those who are looking for Christmas music, you’ll find some here.

Comments

1. Vanity
    December 10, 2009 at 1:27am
    Tomorrow ya The Festival begin... can't wait to enjoy the music there
  2. Tires
    December 10, 2009 at 7:24am
    Nice: It is good to have such diversity around the Holiday Season.
  3. edb
    December 10, 2009 at 10:18am
    I'm definitely enjoying the station, while having the small quibbles I suspect everyone has with curated stations over song choice (Zum Gali Gali is not exactly what comes to my mind as a Hanukkah song, even if it's on something labeled as a Hanukkah album). It's clearly not possible to know if any given song is on your list, but I was wondering about one of my favorite Hanukkah songs. The only recording I've ever heard of it was by The Short Sisters on this Fast Folk Musical Magazine album: http://www.folkways.si.edu/TrackDetails.aspx?itemid=576. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
  4. Au Pair
    December 10, 2009 at 12:53pm
    Hey this is pretty cool. I have used different music stations like yahoo music and slacker, and I have not found anything like a Hanukkah station. It is cool to see what kind of music, those of that faith enjoy.
  5. Stuart
    December 10, 2009 at 2:19pm
    What a wonderful idea! Hanukkah music isn't always easy to find on the net. It's nice to see cultural respect.
  6. Steve
    December 11, 2009 at 3:46am
    I'm not Jewish, but this is neat. I haven't listened to Hanukka-related music before.
  7. Evelyn HOOGLAND
    December 11, 2009 at 10:43am
    I love the music you offer. Thanks for the hard work putting this together. I'm sorry I did not know about the music a year agao. Keep me posted on all the new things. EH.
  8. marco
    December 11, 2009 at 10:12pm
    this es vary good tanyou for letme enjoy my music of my vary good years aprecire you duing vary good thing you have everithing tha i like especial on the mariachi music happy sesons an merry chysmas to evreone bay
  9. Donna McAndrew
    December 14, 2009 at 5:10am
    i would love to her more variety on the Christmas station, such as Bing Crosby, Burl Ives and other oldies
  10. Lucia @ Pandora
    December 14, 2009 at 5:27pm
    Thanks for the feedback, all; I'm glad you're enjoying the Hanukkah station! edb - We bought over 70 Hanukkah albums, but it doesn't look like we found that Short Sisters song... sorry! You "stumped" us. ;) We have 3 versions of "Zum Gali Gali" on Hanukkah albums we purchased, but I'll happily delete them from this playlist if you think they're inappropriate for the station. Thanks for the feedback! --------------------------------------- Donna - You're welcome to add Bing Crosby Holiday and Burl Ives Holiday music to your station! Here's info on how to add more artists to a station: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/#475 And here's two Christmas stations you might like that feature both men: Crooner Christmas: http://www.pandora.com/stations/6ba033bbcb766291790835d15b038612e7c5e7241f96d370 Oldies Holiday: http://www.pandora.com/stations/34605d337210d8ea2376026f9c9156bd097373da80590865 Thanks, and Happy Holidays!! :) Lucia
  11. mort mortenson
    December 23, 2009 at 6:51pm
    This is the best thing I found on the computer MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND EVERY ONE ...
  12. tk
    December 24, 2009 at 9:54am
    hey just downloaded new upgrade for the blackberry t mobile phone and station keeps cutting out. anyone else having this problem
  13. Patton
    December 24, 2009 at 6:30pm
    Just started listening to Pandora and its Reading my mind...AWSOME!
  14. Mike
    December 26, 2009 at 8:26am
    I am over the Christmas music....is there a way to block the mix of that music now....I enjoyed it over the holiday but am ready to move on/ Thanks....I enjoy the station
  15. Bob
    December 27, 2009 at 10:40am
    What moron in California, likely, puts the Eagles in the same category as Muddy Waters, Elmore James, Slim Harpo and John Lee Hooker. Probably an ass who doesn't know his or her music.
  16. Ron
    December 27, 2009 at 11:34am
    I just downloaded your program to my iphone and am disappointed that there are no technology or gardening or educational programs available. Since I dont listen to music I wont be using the application.
  17. cynthia
    January 02, 2010 at 11:44am
    New subject. I am enjoying Pandora so much. Thanks for this terific radio. There is just one request. I am longing for world music, especially African traditional and jazz. When I search for classic artists like Miriam Mikaba or King Sunny Ade Pandora can't find it. I am still relying on other sources for African music.Otherwise I love it.
  18. Don W
    January 04, 2010 at 9:11am
    Can't find anywhere else to ask this... I want to download an audio equalizer to use with Pandora on Windows XP. Need to know what kind of streaming Pandora uses. Thanks.
  19. Richie Mercado
    January 04, 2010 at 12:36pm
    I'm not one to gush, I'm pretty jaded bout music in general. However, you guys at Pandora Radio have changed my life! (for the best.)Thank You! Thank You!I LOVE PANDORA RADIO!
  20. mike thaler
    January 22, 2010 at 10:22pm
    My "complaint" is: I never get any notes from you. No contact what-so-ever. I just learned here, 2 months late, you had a Chanukah station. I had to learn on an a Blackberry users group you had an updated app for our Blackberries. AND we are both paying "members". I also learned about the Livio Radio from an outside source. No ads from you. I would like the option of signing up for news bulletins (email) from you. Thanks. mike and Jenny
  21. Ed
    February 08, 2010 at 5:23am
    I would like to listen to lot more michael buble and less of Frank Sintra, over all love the station
  22. Seth Johnson
    February 13, 2010 at 7:40am
    Really enjoyed the trip back in time with the station you provided me. I have xm satellite radio but when sirius bought them out the program turned to crap. I will keep you updated on my progress. Seth Johnson
  23. Patrick O’Donnell
    February 14, 2010 at 12:19pm
    First of all, I am so tired of all of these comment/blog available sites and pages that say my comments are only as valuble as my ability to read correctly and type a bunch of squiggly letters and numbers. If I type it wrong, then I lose every thought I was writing for the last five minutes. What is that? Anyway, if I subscribe to a monthly paid subscription to Pandora, will I be able to listen to the entirety of songs that I bookmark? Thank You
  24. “ol Hippie Radio
    February 20, 2010 at 7:26am
    Speaking of Diversity and Unity.. The Ayyam-i-Ha (Intercalary Days), 19 day fast ending with The feast of Naw-Ruz.(Baha'i New year) March 21. Still, I can't suggest any "traditional" music for the this holiday. So, Music in Celebration of the Unity of the World. One Planet, One People, One God. Equality,Unity,Diversity. Happy Naw-Ruz! Every one!
  25. Marla
    February 21, 2010 at 1:36pm
    Been on Napster, til they shut down, Ares then the pc got a virus and crashed. Limewire (don't look so hot in stripes, But I'm having major problems here in Pa. Do I have to upgrade to listen to the music???? Help Help
  26. Ryan, Pandora Support
    February 23, 2010 at 5:05pm
    @mike and jenny -- You might have your account set to not receive email updates. Under "account", make sure the box is checked that says "send me personalized recommendations and tips". @Patrick O'Donnell -- We were forced to introduce the captcha system to prevent spammers from abusing our blog system. Sorry for any convenience. As for being able to play bookmarked songs on demand in their entirety, that is not a feature of Pandora One. For more information on the benefits of upgrading to Pandora One, have a look at: http://www.pandora.com/pandora_one @Maria -- Sorry to hear you're having difficulty. Please send an email detailing the problem to pandora-support@pandora.com; they should be able to help you get up and running again.
  27. angel nieves
    March 01, 2010 at 3:52am
    This is the best station ever i would not listen to anu thing else.I would recommended pandora to everybody its great can say enough about it.I love it.....................
  28. PCH
    March 03, 2010 at 1:47pm
    How can I, once and for ever more, banish seasonal music from my stations? I have marked every single Christmas song as disliked but they continue to come across. Your system is simply not getting the message. I don't want ANY seasonal music on MY station! Please tell me how to filter it.
  29. CAMILLE
    March 04, 2010 at 1:22pm
    THERE IS ONE WORD AWESOME
  30. E Mattison
    March 07, 2010 at 7:19am
    Hi, hope to see Golem's music appear on Pandora soon. Great rock Klezmer band out of NYC. Seen them live three times and they're very energetic, talented, and entertaining.
  31. FRED ABRAHAMS
    March 08, 2010 at 4:47am
    I missed Googles' IPO...I don't want to miss Pandoras'...please let me know before you go public!
  32. Lisa Cates
    March 09, 2010 at 11:45pm
    Hi My name is Lisa and I just was turned on to this, I just want to say thanks! This is really awesome and it had to take some very serious work and dedication, my girls and I love it. And we will be listening for a long time!
  33. charles osei-owusu
    March 15, 2010 at 10:23pm
    i am a great listener,i have no idea about pandora untill my friends introduce me to pandora ,but unfortunately for me,i cannot sigh in ,please sigh me in now.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )