tgif_mixtape.jpgMuch as Pandora is specifically an American radio service (at least for now), Thanksgiving is specifically an American holiday. It’s a day that celebrates the diplomatic gesture of peacemaking between cultures, and it reminds us that we’re all a part of something much larger than ourselves.
We all have reasons to be thankful: for our health, for our families and friends, for our jobs if we’re fortunate enough to be employed, and for any number of other blessings.
As Americans, however, we can also look at this day as an opportunity to be thankful for being Americans, and as a chance to thank those families who sacrifice on our behalf. Without military families — not just those in the armed forces, but also their relatives, who move from base to base with or without the servicemen and servicewomen they love — this grand American experiment in multicultural democracy and free speech simply wouldn’t work.
This week’s station is a party station, and it’s all about being Thankful. The station is based in soul and funk music; both are styles of music that Americans helped bring to the world. Turn it up, dish up some more stuffing, and let’s bring those troops home safely. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.
Kevin
(executive producer)

Comments

1. Joshua Altback
    November 25, 2009 at 11:06pm
    I wanna thanks to you...........
  2. Scott M.
    November 26, 2009 at 10:32am
    I'm thankful for so many things and now I'm thankful for Pandora that allowed me to listen to Triumvirat again. I'm still not sure how to or if I can listen to individual tracks within an album but regardless this is a great thing you've developed. Music helps us to be more healthy so thanks for making me feel better!! :) Scott
  3. Judy
    November 26, 2009 at 3:10pm
    Love the "Giving Thanks" station!!
  4. Brenda
    November 28, 2009 at 6:36am
    Pandora is going to be my "go to" site for music. Just got high speed Internet and someone guided me to Pandora. I love it! I'll probably spend too much time exploring all the options!
  5. g
    November 29, 2009 at 12:16am
    I am thankful ^^ of many things You should consider adding kpop or jpop though
  6. elizabeth
    December 02, 2009 at 6:52pm
    The most important thing in life to be thankful for is your family and everyone who cares for you in life not just for your money or personality. Its whats on the inside not the outside that really matters in life about people.
  7. elizabeth
    December 02, 2009 at 6:54pm
  8. Ryne Epraizer
    December 02, 2009 at 9:46pm
    dating girls
  9. Austin
    December 03, 2009 at 2:24pm
    nirvanna is the best band along with hawthorne heights and a day to remember
  10. Jackie
    December 04, 2009 at 7:23pm
    I am thankful for a lot of things such as; God being the head of my life, my family,school,love ones, friends, and especially the awesome man that He has blessed me with.
  11. Al
    December 06, 2009 at 5:29am
    I'm a big fan of your radio, I always come here and hunt for new oriental tracks.
  12. Krystal Merk
    December 07, 2009 at 10:43pm
    Thank you so much..I have this thing mind that i have so many people to be thank for.
  13. Kevin Seal
    December 08, 2009 at 12:54pm
    Thank YOU, everybody! Thanks for tuning in. I'm delighted that you are enjoying the "Giving Thanks" station as much as I am -- I found it went very well with the green bean casserole and cranberry sauce.
  14. Oarlene
    January 10, 2010 at 8:15pm
    Pandora is wonderful...thanks for making it available....still learning, but loving the additions you find to match the artist I've chosen!
  15. rick rubio
    January 17, 2010 at 5:41am
    this is so cool. with my new speaker system and now pandora it is a match that can't be beat!
  16. Raymond
    January 17, 2010 at 8:54pm
    Tim? From Oakland... The welcome note is very clever; the programming is ver very good; overall, you people have an excellent thing going. I plan to pay a lot more attention to this spot on my IPod. Thanks for everything. Let me know if there's anything I can do from this end of the earbud. ... an old Highland Ave homey (displaced to the right coast)
  17. D
    January 20, 2010 at 2:01pm
    The advertisements are a real drag. Pandora sold out. Never enough profits to be had. Check out grooveshark if you want to listen to music and not advertisements.
  18. Car Donation
    February 08, 2010 at 3:44am
    I am thankful ^^ of many things
  19. hair Games
    October 15, 2010 at 5:59pm
    A topic near to my heart thanks, please consider a follow up post.
  20. dora Games
    October 15, 2010 at 6:01pm
    thanks a lot for your information.
  21. Dora Jeux
    November 22, 2010 at 11:20am
    nice Post. Thank you for sharing
  22. Baby Games
    January 28, 2012 at 6:03am
    I can't agree any more.
  23. Teresa
    December 18, 2015 at 6:46am
    Unfortunately, military members and their families serving overseas are not permitted to listen to Pandora.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )