tgif_mixtape.jpgMuch as Pandora is specifically an American radio service (at least for now), Thanksgiving is specifically an American holiday. It’s a day that celebrates the diplomatic gesture of peacemaking between cultures, and it reminds us that we’re all a part of something much larger than ourselves.
We all have reasons to be thankful: for our health, for our families and friends, for our jobs if we’re fortunate enough to be employed, and for any number of other blessings.
As Americans, however, we can also look at this day as an opportunity to be thankful for being Americans, and as a chance to thank those families who sacrifice on our behalf. Without military families — not just those in the armed forces, but also their relatives, who move from base to base with or without the servicemen and servicewomen they love — this grand American experiment in multicultural democracy and free speech simply wouldn’t work.
This week’s station is a party station, and it’s all about being Thankful. The station is based in soul and funk music; both are styles of music that Americans helped bring to the world. Turn it up, dish up some more stuffing, and let’s bring those troops home safely. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.
Kevin
(executive producer)

Comments

1. Joshua Altback
    November 25, 2009 at 11:06pm
    I wanna thanks to you...........
  2. Scott M.
    November 26, 2009 at 10:32am
    I'm thankful for so many things and now I'm thankful for Pandora that allowed me to listen to Triumvirat again. I'm still not sure how to or if I can listen to individual tracks within an album but regardless this is a great thing you've developed. Music helps us to be more healthy so thanks for making me feel better!! :) Scott
  3. Judy
    November 26, 2009 at 3:10pm
    Love the "Giving Thanks" station!!
  4. Brenda
    November 28, 2009 at 6:36am
    Pandora is going to be my "go to" site for music. Just got high speed Internet and someone guided me to Pandora. I love it! I'll probably spend too much time exploring all the options!
  5. g
    November 29, 2009 at 12:16am
    I am thankful ^^ of many things You should consider adding kpop or jpop though
  6. elizabeth
    December 02, 2009 at 6:52pm
    The most important thing in life to be thankful for is your family and everyone who cares for you in life not just for your money or personality. Its whats on the inside not the outside that really matters in life about people.
  7. elizabeth
    December 02, 2009 at 6:54pm
  8. Ryne Epraizer
    December 02, 2009 at 9:46pm
    dating girls
  9. Austin
    December 03, 2009 at 2:24pm
    nirvanna is the best band along with hawthorne heights and a day to remember
  10. Jackie
    December 04, 2009 at 7:23pm
    I am thankful for a lot of things such as; God being the head of my life, my family,school,love ones, friends, and especially the awesome man that He has blessed me with.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )