I’m pleased to announce that we’ve released version 2.0 of the Pandora One desktop app. You’ve been telling us that the desktop app is one of your favorite features of Pandora One and it’s great to have the chance to begin the process of refining that experience.
With this release we’ve tried to keep the interface very simple while adding several of the most-requested features:
* You can now view your song history. Just click on the album art to reveal arrows to navigate through the last hour of your playlist. Thumb up (or down) or buy any song that played in the last hour.
* We’ve added a progress bar. Want to know how much is left to play of the current track? Just click the album art to reveal the time elapsed and remaining for the current track.
* Windows users can hover over the system tray icon to see the name of the currently playing artist and song.
* The app remembers where you placed it on your desktop and how loud you like your music. The next time you start it, it’s right where you left it.
* Song transitions have been sped up so you don’t need to wait long for a thumbs down to get rid of the current song.
Our goal is to continue to improve Pandora One over time. Hope you enjoy this first little step in that evolution.

1. Donny Walberg
    September 02, 2009 at 6:45am
    I love the new improvements! I use Pandora One on my mac and the elapsed time & playlist history were two of my biggest complaints when I started using the app - now you've fixed them, thanks! The only thing that I notice is some songs end up with a thumbs up but I don't remember giving it to them. Maybe this occurs after a certain number of plays? Either way, I'd like to be able to remove a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Some times I click it by accident but my only alternative is to go the opposite direction - I'd rather just go back to neutral :-) Thanks again!
  2. Mark
    September 02, 2009 at 6:56am
    Screen shots?
  3. Todd Lohenry
    September 02, 2009 at 6:58am
    Thanks for Pandora and for this app...
  4. Justin
    September 02, 2009 at 7:00am
    Fantastic job guys! Those are the best features you could have focused on for the first update. I was VERY pleasantly surprised this morning! Keep up the great work!
  5. Mark
    September 02, 2009 at 7:11am
    Great news! If I might be so bold... another enhancement for Win users that would be MUCH appreciated would to hide it from the taskbar when minimized (and just leave the system tray icon).
  6. David
    September 02, 2009 at 7:26am
    I think that it is great that Pandora is so good at listing to its user's feedback and implementing requested changes. I the progress bar and song history were defiantly needed. Yesterday and today when I tried to launch my PandoraOne app (the old version) at work I did not get any connection. Today I checked the blog and noticed the update. Once I installed the update it restored my connection. It would be nice if the app would give you a notification when an update is available so that we do not have to go to the Pandora Website to check periodically (because like any program I'm sure there will be future updates). I'm not sure if the lost connection was actually due to the update or not (my work is some how blocking streaming from the website while I have access through the PandoraOne app). If they cut that off then I will just use the PalmPre (which also has a great app).
  7. Korey
    September 02, 2009 at 7:31am
    I've tried twice and v2 does not have these features when I install. What gives?
  8. jason
    September 02, 2009 at 7:34am
    Great update! One thing I'd like added to the app is an "add variety" button. I virtually never use the website anymore, but if I want to add something to station I still need to open the website.
  9. Tim
    September 02, 2009 at 7:44am
    These are exactly the changes I was wanting to be made, I had just never gotten around to suggesting them. You're mind readers. Keep up the good work.
  10. Vic
    September 02, 2009 at 7:46am
    I love the desktop client, and I like many of the additions made here, but can anyone explain why the popup song titles now fade in and out so slowly? It's a small gripe, but it's incredibly annoying to have that little window around for even longer than it used to linger when I'm trying to get work accomplished. It has a pesky habit of obstructing things I'd like to be clicking on right when I'd like to be clicking on them. The old speed was occasionally annoying, but fine. The new speed is far too slow. Please change it back. As always, thanks for the great work, everyone! You make my workday much more enjoyable.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )