pre.jpgOne of the great things about my job is that every once and a while I get to see some cool new phone or gadget before its been announced or released. Back in December 08, the team at Palm invited us to come to their offices in Sunnyvale for a sneak peek at their new OS and phone. I went in with modest expectations and was blown away by all they had achieved. I remember leaving the building excited about the chance to help them launch their new phone and to act as an early design partner for their development SDK.
Fast forward 6 months and the Palm Pre is now in the hands of real live users and people are starting to listen to Pandora from their new phones. We’re really excited about the results. Pandora on the Pre is a great listening experience – a fluid user interface with all the standard Pandora features you’ve come to expect on the web. It even runs in the background where it presents a mini playback control panel in the Pre’s dashboard area.
To learn more about Pandora for Palm Pre, click here.
If you’ve haven’t seen the great commercial Palm is running to announce the Pre, click here to get a look – and keep your eyes peeled for a Pandora mention toward the end.
I’m really happy to add the Palm Pre alongside the other Pandora smartphone implementations on iPhone, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile. Covering the entire smartphone space is a big task and we’re not done yet, but we’re devoted to bringing Pandora to every smartphone platform where our listeners want us to be. Yes Android users that means we’ve heard you loud and clear – you’re next!

Comments

1. radio_babylon
    June 08, 2009 at 8:34pm
    woo hoo! a palm pre client! hot damn! oh wait, i have android. never mind. but i can understand why there's no android client. i mean, the SDK has only been available for EIGHTEEN MONTHS, right?
  2. Michael Bohler
    June 08, 2009 at 9:59pm
    I like this Palm Pre. I want to have it. children with autism
  3. bill
    June 08, 2009 at 10:41pm
    just joined pandora tonight, it's like telepathic music. I love it so much. Unreal find!
  4. t-dub
    June 09, 2009 at 5:26am
    Congrats! Glad to see you are manage to keep pace with the latest platforms. Maybe S60 after Android? Pretty please?
  5. Subconscious Mind
    June 09, 2009 at 6:19am
    Being a gadget and music lover, I cannot but marvel at this lil piece of cutie. Gadgets don't come better than this I tell ya, when it comes to functionality and design, not to mention sexiness. The only downside that I face is the fact that my serice provider charges an arm and 2 legs to get me connected to the internet. It is a nightmare whenever I have to load up my GPS knowing how much bandwidth I am using. I cannot imagine listening to streaming radio nonstop like I would like to. Oh well. But this will surely be on my to-do-list for the near future... Great post!
  6. Chrissy
    June 09, 2009 at 6:25am
    You know until yesterday I had never even heard of Pandora-now I'm finding I can't live without it! It really is nice to have it playing getting me thru my day and I can pick what I want to hear! You guys are awesome! I'm just sorry I was living under a rock for so long. But now I know and will spread the word!
  7. Darlene
    June 09, 2009 at 11:30am
    That is such awesome news!
  8. Semyon Feldman
    June 09, 2009 at 12:59pm
    Hurray for Pre users, but what about Android users? Is there a Pandora for Android OS on the horizon? Pandora is THE application I have missed most since ditching my iPhone for a G1, so I hope it comes out soon...
  9. Matt W.
    June 09, 2009 at 11:12pm
    Glad to see Pre users are getting some love as well. On an idea out of left field, could Pandora ever be on a game console? At E3, Microsoft was pushing quite hard to turn the Xbox into a new entertainment hub with integration of Twitter and Facebook. I think it would be cool if Pandora could do something like that, or even use XNA to create a program for Pandora on the Xbox. Oh well, just an idea; feel free to shoot it down :)
  10. Bobby
    June 10, 2009 at 4:07am
    hey since your getting a lot of mobile things, by any chance could you go on the psp?