Wondering about live music showing up on your stations, eh? You’re not alone in that… here’s Pandora’s founder, Tim Westergren, answering a few questions about that topic:
IF I THUMB DOWN A SONG’S LIVE VERSION, CAN I STILL HEAR THE STUDIO VERSION?
CAN I ELIMINATE ALL LIVE MUSIC FROM MY STATION?
If you have any questions that you’d like to see Tim answer, then flip on your webcam, tell us your name and where you’re from, and then record yourself asking the question. Then, just send us that video file and we’ll do our best to answer your question on-camera.
<!– –>

Embed this video:

Download file
Here are some of the previous Viewer Mail videos: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

Comments

1. Dev
    May 15, 2009 at 7:48am
    Hey That annoying Windows ad takes my CPU usage to 99% and bogs everything down. Anybody else experience this?
  2. muMs
    May 15, 2009 at 6:43pm
    I was wondering if there is a Pandora player that I can embed on my website and play my bookmarked songs on a continuous loop? or are there just too many legal issues?
  3. Lee lee
    May 16, 2009 at 6:11am
    Just wanted to say the more I listen to Pandora, the more I enjoy the service that it provides. Thanks Pandora for bringing some very worthwhile to the general public.
  4. tim
    May 16, 2009 at 4:53pm
    how do you get the pandora gadget?
  5. Roman
    May 17, 2009 at 1:03am
    questions from the previous issue remain unanswered, and thus repeated.
  6. Austin
    May 17, 2009 at 5:57pm
    A good amount of live performances are better than the studio versions. There would be little incentive to disable all live songs.
  7. LANCE
    May 18, 2009 at 10:17am
    DO YOU GUYS HAVE THE NEW SONG BY BROOKS AND DUNN CALLED COWGIRL DON'T CRY WITH REBA ON IT
  8. Roman
    May 19, 2009 at 1:15am
    Feature Request: Can you show the duration of the song somewhere in the widget?
  9. Amy
    May 19, 2009 at 5:01am
    wow, i think you guys have ESP because i've been wondering exactly those questions for the past week or so and voila! there are the answers! thank you; you're doing a wonderful job!
  10. Chisa
    May 19, 2009 at 10:55am
    Thanks for the great service thus far.
  11. Abe
    May 19, 2009 at 1:46pm
    Pandora is really awesome ... keep up the good work guys.
  12. Zandra
    May 19, 2009 at 10:45pm
  13. DANYO
    May 23, 2009 at 6:58pm
    I recommend that you guys need to go shopping for more of a varietyI,v requested music today and in the past and got the impression that you dont have much of stuff to write home about.Sorry,but thats my impression ithink I,ll go back to youtube...GOOD_BYE..Danyo in Califorinia.
  14. al
    May 25, 2009 at 5:07pm
    i just wanted to say that pandora rocks . . . . and . . i'm, uh, well . . really tired . . right now. ;)
  15. totally12
    May 25, 2009 at 5:13pm
    you smell like crap cheese! and pandora totally suck because it only plays new music every once in a while! and also i've added more than one favorite genre/artist variety, but it always plays, like, the SAME ONES! i'm so finding another internet radio.
  16. aliasalias
    May 27, 2009 at 10:51am
    I have listened to Pandora for a few years, and lately it is more than just the audio pop up ads that are bothersome. When you can only fastforward so many songs in a set amount of time is understandable, but lately it has applied to ALL the stations-not just the one all the 'FF's happened on..and what's worse is twice yesterday when I could no longer skip any song on any station, I just let it run (known as 'just puttin' up with it, too bad) and guess what? ..it stops playing because it has the 'are you still listening?" showing.Then when I click 'yes' and dont like the song ..IT WONT LET ME FORWARD TO THE NEXT SONG..EXPLAIN THAT ,IF YOU WILL..this is getting to be too much when I have to send the same song over to the same stations again (I am starting to not like some songs now,-burn out)and that counts against the # of songs I can pass on. Something bad has been in the change at Pandora, and I am tempted to feel it's to drive people to the pay site--it wont happen with me, I am getting less patient with Pandora by the day, its getting easier to leave it off and just play songlists on my WMP. i WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER TO THIS ,IF POSSIBLE. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, SINCERELY
  17. Dale
    June 01, 2009 at 2:40pm
    Is there some way to hear only the Original artist - I don't care to listen to a re-make. Can I filter out the songs that are recorded by someone other then the orginal artist/song. I find that I can play Pandora on my balckberry and then plug in an external speaker to the phone for great music away from the house/electricity. Works very well - good job. Now about those copy cat artists..... Dale
  18. robert r riebling
    June 01, 2009 at 11:25pm
    i'm getting two songs at one time,can't listen to that
  19. Alan
    June 04, 2009 at 2:06pm
    used to suscribe to Slacker radio thru Blackberry. I hated it because the streaming was always interrupted and it was constant. Thanks guys for making a internet radio that stays on an allows you to control it not get you frustrated with music cut offs. it was very frustrating.
  20. Ryan Mills
    June 08, 2009 at 11:32am
    When will Pandora make an application for Android? There are imitators on there but nothing that compares to Pandora...Do you have some kind of problem with Google or Android, like Facebook?
  21. pop display
    October 20, 2010 at 4:18am
    This was a useful post and I think it is rather easy to see from the other comments as well that this post is well written and useful.
  22. Menozac
    October 20, 2010 at 11:59am
    Hey, thanks for this helpful resource, just embedded Tim Westergren video on my site to help answer those burning questions by fan. Thanks
  23. Dawn Pugh
    November 09, 2010 at 11:23am
    Thanks Tim for an informative video. IMHO we need to have live music to move forward. Obviously the chromatic scale is what it is, but it never ceases to amaze me what musicians can achieve within this framework. Once again thank you.