Mistletoe.jpg
Mistletoe

For those of you already in the Holiday spirit, and for those who are still trying to get there, a friendly reminder of how easy it is to enjoy Christmas music on Pandora:
To make your own holiday station, just start with an artist you like, and type the word “holiday” after the name.
Duke Ellington Holiday
Frank Sinatra Holiday
Ella Fitzgerald Holiday
Mariah Carey Holiday
Vienna Boys Choir Holiday

Or, you can create a station from a specific holiday song by typing in the name of that song (for example, ‘Winter Wonderland‘). Pick which version of the song you want, and a station will be created for you that showcases similar holiday music.
A few to try:
White Christmas
Angels We Have Heard On High
We Wish You a Merry Christmas

To make it even easier for you, we’ve created a bunch of genre-based stations for you to try:
Peaceful Holidays
A Classical Christmas
Swingin’ Christmas
There’s many more pre-mixed holiday stations here.
Happy Holidays!
Lucia

Comments

1. ERoots
    December 22, 2008 at 12:33pm
    I totally LOVE Pandora!! One can edit stations, add stations, and songs to multiple stations. If I could get this on my phone I would be a HAPPY person!!! I see that pandora is supported for free by the older HTC touch, but what about the new version? It was totally skipped over because even the spring insticnt has this capability.
  2. Paris Vega
    December 22, 2008 at 1:17pm
    Its never felt more like Christmas. Thanks Pandora crew.
  3. Lucia @ Pandora
    December 22, 2008 at 2:08pm
    Thanks ERoots - We're hoping to get Pandora on more and more phones, so stay tuned! Paris - Thanks for listening! I'm glad you're enjoying the music. Best, Lucia from Pandora
  4. Exposure101
    December 22, 2008 at 2:21pm
    As soon as you guys get hooked up with verizon mobile, I will be more than happy to pay for your service. I really respect what you all have done, wish there was a way to access your database to organize my own 25,000 songs... kind of a pain in the butt.
  5. Mason
    December 22, 2008 at 3:11pm
    The Holiday mixes are great (especially sicnce you've got the Grinch theme!) but I do have on little quibble: We've had the same song (but by different artists) play two and three times in a row. Other than that, great job!
  6. Jann
    December 22, 2008 at 3:41pm
    Please can you put Michael W. Smith's "Christmastime" album on for next Christmas? It has my favorite Christmas song. :)
  7. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 22, 2008 at 4:13pm
    @Exposure101--dude, that's a lot of songs! good luck! @Mason--unfortunately, that's kinda the deal with holiday music. it's really just the same handful of songs everybody's interpreting. hopefully you're hearing some good ones though! @Jann--i think we might be down to the line adding new holiday selections but we'll add this to the list for next year! take care and be well, A
  8. Morrock
    December 22, 2008 at 8:12pm
    I tried seeding a station with Antonio Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" and it came up as a holiday station. I love Pandora, but why is my favorite concerto being followed by Jingle Bells?
  9. roland
    December 22, 2008 at 9:48pm
    Wow! A stone throw away from another year and holiday cheer. Pandora and staff,I've been a loyal listener for 4 years now and loving it still. I've turned on over 15 people to this musical adventure. I love the way you guys have grown over the years. New partners, new tools, new look. Its like watching your children grow, what a perfect marriage we have :). Anyway I want to wish the staff of Pandora a very Merry Christmas, X-mas, and other holidays. I look forward to another year of listening to new music and learning from the blogs. Peace On Earth and Good Will To All Men. Roland Frederick Cummins
  10. roland
    December 22, 2008 at 9:49pm
    Closing Statement for 2008 Most people want to be successful, but not everyone knows what success looks like. Very often, I get challenged about my use of the concept of "success." So, today, let's try to understand the meaning of success. What does it mean to be successful? Do you consider yourself a success? If so, why? If not, what will success look like when you have finally achieved it? These are important questions to ask yourself, because your happiness in life may depend upon your answers. Some people seem to believe that success means a wardrobe full of designer clothes, a fancy car and a beautiful house in a nice part of town. Other people think that success means not having to work at all after they win a few million in the lottery. Still others think that success is giving up everything they own and devoting their lives to helping others. I think, to a certain extent anyway, that all of these folks are right. To me, success means getting to do what you really want to do in your work life and in your love life, doing it very well, and feeling good about the fact that you're doing it. It's finding your true purpose, and a way to live it out for the time that you have here. By this I mean that it's perfectly fine to choose a purpose for yourself that doesn't mean much to the rest of the world. Failure comes only in having no purpose at all. I don't believe it is "failure" to perform poorly at things that don't have any value to you, as long as it doesn't intentionally hurt anyone. To me, failure is performing poorly or haphazardly at that which you have chosen to be important. In the final analysis, I think you are a success when you are actively engaged in becoming the person you most want to be.
  11. Melissa
    December 22, 2008 at 10:45pm
    You should have a way to ban live music. I hate live music!!
  12. Cace
    December 23, 2008 at 2:37am
    please please please add the shadow as one of your widows mobile handsets. i luv pandora so much and listen at home all the time and read artist bios and related artists. ive found so much music from pandora and would luv to take it on the go with me please add the shadow as a widows mobile handset. thank you you guys r GREAT~!
  13. mary
    December 23, 2008 at 9:59am
    Love Pandora on-line and on my phone. It feels like someone finally got it right with the right mix of songs and right mix of artists. Songs I've heard a million times and ones I hear rarely or have never heard. Love them all. I'm telling all my music-loving friends. Thanks.
  14. Tony
    December 23, 2008 at 2:24pm
    I want to wish everyone at Pandora.com a wonderful holiday season. You've given me the gift of music all year long. Listening to Pandora.com is like getting presents all the time as I discover new artists and music that enrich my life. I hope those of you lucky enough to work at Pandora are getting a great deal of fulfillment from your jobs. All of you are contributing to a great product and service. I wish that each of you gets what you want from the fruits of your labor. Cheers, Tony
  15. Lucia @ Pandora
    December 23, 2008 at 2:58pm
    @Morrock - If you start from pieces from these Four Seasons albums, you won't get Christmas music: http://www.pandora.com/music/album/los+angeles+chamber+orchestra/vivaldi+4+seasons http://www.pandora.com/music/album/budapest+strings/vivaldi+4+seasons ------------------------------- @Roland - Thanks for your kind thoughts, and thanks for being such a loyal listener! ------------------------------ @Melissa - In terms of banning live music, here's some tips: First, make sure none of the inputs or thumbs ups on your station say (Live) after the song name. Next, thumbs down any live songs you get. Pandora will get the idea that you don't want live music on that station. (though there isn't a way to completely ban live music from all your stations.) You can review and edit your station by clicking on the small triangle next to the station name in the left-hand station menu, and then choosing "edit this station". From there you can check out the artists/songs you've added to the station as seeds and review the songs you marked as thumbs up and down. Putting a check mark in the box next to one of these, and then clicking on "remove checked" will set the feedback for it back to neutral. (So the first thing to do is go make sure there's no thumbs ups for (Live) songs on your station, and you find any, delete them!) Look here (http://blog.pandora.com/faq/index.htm...) for more info on creating and tuning Pandora stations. I hope that helps! Oh, also: feel free to seed your station with a studio version of a song you like, and then if you hear the live version, give it a thumbs down. That way you're guaranteed to hear the studio version, but will never have to hear the live version on that station. ----------------------------- @Cace - Thanks for the request! We're planning and hoping to get Pandora on more and more devices, so stay tuned! ----------------------------- @Mary - Thanks so much, and thanks for spreading the word! ----------------------------- @Tony - Wow, what a wonderful comment to read! Thanks so much for your support. Happy Holidays to you, and thank you so much for listening! :) Lucia, from Pandora
  16. Heiko
    December 23, 2008 at 8:30pm
    I just love Pandora. Have some qustions though: How can I recomend songs or albums or artists to Pandora? For instanse, I don't see "Conan the Barbarian" cd (Basil Poledouris) or Ravi Shankar the famous sitar player or other Indian music?
  17. �i�ek�i
    December 24, 2008 at 6:39am
    For sharing thank you very much good very beautiful work
  18. vito
    December 24, 2008 at 1:08pm
    when are u goin to have pandora on my bb storm for verizon??
  19. mari
    December 25, 2008 at 5:41am
    I love Pandora, but when will it be on Verzion phones.
  20. aussiepunk
    December 26, 2008 at 1:37pm
    Love pandora, been listening ever since a friend turned me on to it. I have the brand new Verizon Wireless XV6850(?) HTC Touch Pro and so does my wife, we both gave up BlackBerry Storms because we're just too hard-care professionals to use a touch-screen only device. We would both love to see Pandora Mobile for the Verizon HTC Touch Pro. It would be one more reason for Windows Mobile people to not be tempted by the few cool features of the iPhone.
  21. Ian Ellison, Pandora Listener Support
    December 26, 2008 at 2:46pm
    @heiko Just send your musical suggestions to "suggest-music@pandora.com"! Note that some types of music (e.g. Indian sitar music) are not yet available on Pandora at all, although we hope to include them in the future, once we've acquired and analyzed enough of that music to make quality Pandora stations. @vito @mari @aussiepunk We'd love to have Pandora on the Go available for more carriers and handsets. However, whether we're able to do so, and precisely when, are questions that are largely up to our potential carrier and platform partners. Stay tuned here: http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go
  22. trey
    December 27, 2008 at 12:38am
    they need to make it available. For the tilt.
  23. Morrock
    December 28, 2008 at 2:25pm
    Ah, thank you very much Lucia, and a happy New Year to all of the Pandora team. :D
  24. jim
    December 28, 2008 at 6:42pm
    this is great. I just started listening on my home pc. i have a blackberry and att service. when can i expect pandora on it. the sooner the better. i would subscribe on my mobile.
  25. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 29, 2008 at 11:04am
    To folks wondering about availability on their phone: http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go If your phone is not anywhere to be found, stay tuned... -A
  26. Jim Gray
    December 29, 2008 at 12:21pm
    Pandora is awesome, best internet radio, ever!
  27. amara
    December 30, 2008 at 8:01am
    hi can u download music from pandora to your mp3 player or ipod
  28. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 30, 2008 at 11:02am
    @Amara--you can purchase and download any song you hear on Pandora. Click or touch the menu button on the current song screen and you will see a drop-down menu which features a "Buy" option. Enjoy! -A
  29. shawn
    January 01, 2009 at 11:01pm
    pandora is the absolute best. i know for fact that as great as it is having the whole deal for free, there are very few of us that wouldnt hesitate to pay to get pandora on there phone or ppc. Im patiently waiting for my phone. sprint mogul htc ppc 6800 this phone has a diferent name for every carrier that sells it. if you dont support it soon ill have to get my phone flashed with the software on one of those crappy phones you already support. so please dont make me do somthing horrible to my phone and support it.
  30. Sabrina
    January 03, 2009 at 9:56pm
    how does this online pandora work? is it good?
  31. Matisyahu
    January 09, 2009 at 10:09am
    Slacker just released for the Blackberry, a joy to business users everywhere. Hope you guys follow suit...
  32. Bill R
    January 14, 2009 at 7:17am
    When are you going to release for the HTC Mogul on Sprint? I see other Windows Mobile devices that use the same operating system but it appears you are definging functionality for specific devices. Is there a particular reason for this..? I love the Pandora service and I tell all my friends about it. I'd love to be able to listen while I'm sitting at the airport or at work without having to pull my laptop out.
  33. orchid
    January 15, 2009 at 8:20am
    time to turn off the holiday music - 'ya think?? It's still on...;..
  34. TomB
    January 16, 2009 at 11:54am
    Hi, regarding music on WinMo devices, could you give an approximate list of hardware requirements, and/or a list of phones (dating back only a year or two) that just wouldn't be up to par? As an example, I have a Moto Q (the original, not the Q9) running WinMo 5, and I want to know whether I should continue checking back at http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go for my phone or if it will never be there because the hardware/OS can't handle it. Thanks for making Pandora such an excellent source of music, and I look forward to finally having it on my mobile!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )