Windows MobileIt’s been well over a year since I first talked publicly about Pandora for Windows Mobile. After a number of false starts and broken promises on my part, I’m happy to report that we’ve now released our first Windows Mobile implementations of Pandora.
Today we’re rolling out Pandora for the HTC XV6900 on Verizon, the HTC Touch on Sprint, and the Motorola Q9C on both Sprint and Verizon. These are free to download and are supported solely through advertising. The entire Pandora experience you’ve come to expect on the web is available on your Windows Mobile phone: create stations, listen, give feedback, QuickMix, etc.
In cooperation with AT&T we are also launching Pandora support for three additional Windows Mobile phones: the Samsung Epix, the LG Incite, and HTC Fuze. AT&T has decided to make these versions of Pandora available on a monthly subscription basis.
To get started with Pandora on your HTC Touch, HTC XV6900, Motorola Q9C, LG Incite, HTC Fuze, or Samsung Epix simply visit using Mobile Internet Explorer on your smartphone and follow the installation instructions.
We’re continuing the work required to bring Pandora to a broader range of Windows Mobile handsets. Keep your eye on this blog and this page for updates on new handsets.
For those of you that have been keeping an eye on this since I first talked about it so long ago, thanks again for your patience. Enjoy!

1. JayTee
    December 28, 2008 at 12:09am
    Why is the CAB for Windows Mobile not available on the site? You are trying to "guess" what device I'm using (based on browser headers?) and your site reports that my phone isn't supported. But based on the other models that are supported, I'm sure mine is too. Please make the CAB file freely available--or at least don't try to be too smart about guessing which phones you can support or not. I guess I'll have to troll sites for a copy of the CAB, as one other poster offered, but it would be better to get it from the source. Oh, and don't assume everyone using a Windows Mobile device would be listening over a carrier connection. Most of the time, I could stream via Wi-Fi. All the more reason not to bow to the mobile operators' refusal to recognize themselves as nothing more than common carriers who should not try to arbitrarily monetize what travels over their bit pipes. I recognize radio spectrum for mobile phone service is a limited (and expensive) resource, but once Windows Mobile devices ship with IE6, it will be near-impossible to determine which device is a phone and which device is a PC. The fact that Pandora is free on iPhone but not on Windows Mobile seems like commercial price discrimination worthy of congressional hearings.
  2. rogerrep
    December 28, 2008 at 12:44pm
    I'm with Andy S, my vote goes to Windows Media Center and the XBOX. It would be great to have Pandora on those platforms!
  3. Mark
    December 29, 2008 at 8:58am
    As far as agreements with AT&T and pricing go, I can understand that those negotiations are with the carrier. However, I'm curious why you chose not to make the .CAB file available to "the rest of us" on other carriers to try it out. As far as I know, my carrier doesn't block any sites or ports or limit my bandwidth, and if they do that's between me and them. But if the .CAB works on one Windows Mobile handset then it'll work on MANY others, so why not make it available for those of us on other carriers to try? Believe me, I'll sign up for my $36/year the day I get streaming to my HTC Touch Pro.
  4. Jonathan
    December 30, 2008 at 7:09am
    My Q9c will not get any louder than damn near inaudible... I did the profile/system volume to loud, as well as launched another audio program which plays very loud but Pandora (which I am blown away with) still play very low. Any other suggestions?
  5. Mark
    December 30, 2008 at 8:50am
    Found the CAB file, installed on HTC Touch Pro and 6800--sounds great on Alltel's Rev A network! Oh, and I signed up for an account yesterday, too! The display is great on the 6800, but horribly mangled on the Touch Pro's 640x480 screen--you can make out part of the text and picture, but you can't read the button labels for the DPad, and the OK and other buttons on some of the other interface screens are far too small. Love this service! I suggested it to my stylist, who now creates a custom channel for different times of day or for repeat customers. He asks a few questions about the music they like, and next time they come back he plays their channel.
  6. Alex
    December 30, 2008 at 2:50pm
    Fist at all I love Pandora a lot. I used it about 1 year whenever I have access to internet. But 8.99/month this is ridicules, if I already have unlimited Internet plan with ATT. I have new account with ATT and added unlimited Internet, specifically for access to Pandora, because other Internet pages useless on such small device as cell phone. But now I realize I need pay additional 8.99 every month. So until ATT will change their mind, I will drop my data plan, and switch to Slacker device, where I can access Internet radio for free, although I prefer Pandora mach more.
  7. vasu
    December 30, 2008 at 5:15pm
    I have Samsung Blackjack AT&T which runs windows mobile,, Why is it not supported ? I have unlimited data usage and want to listen to pandora on go, I believe if it can work on one windows mobile it should work on any windows mobile regardless of phone model..
  8. Erik hatesatandt
    December 31, 2008 at 8:42am
    Bottom line is Pandora sold out their users in order to get the app bundled on smartphones.. Nope. Not going to happen. not in a million years. There is a principal at stake and I would rather boycott pandora all together than even consider this.. I have an htc tytan with unlimited data on At&t. Explain to me why I should pay an extra tariff to visit a single website, when I have already paid to view them ALL anytime anyway i like? Someone said something about 'bandwidth', but thats a joke. I pay for an unlimited data plan. I stream massive videos from all around the web that take much more bandwidth than pandora and i don't have to pay a tariff on that. if this was really about badnwidth then at&t shouldn't advertise their data plan as 'unlimited', but instead as 'limited with possibility of hidden fees'. Whats the point in paying for an all- you can eat bandwidth package when you get get an extra charge for eating certain dishes...? I have no respect left for pandora. Hear that? thats the sound of me switching to ..
  9. Israel
    December 31, 2008 at 10:58am
    I have 3 stations to try to listen for one song. One month and I have heard it twice. I understand about the licensing issues, however it doesn't make me want to listen for hours to hear one song. Play requested songs more often or I am gone.
  10. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 31, 2008 at 11:04am
    @Vasu--more phones are imminent! Stay tuned... @Erik and others--we're really sorry that some folks feel this way. We sincerely lobby for Pandora to be offered free on all phones. Thanks for everyone for their support and feedback and have a safe and happy new year! -A