Windows MobileIt’s been well over a year since I first talked publicly about Pandora for Windows Mobile. After a number of false starts and broken promises on my part, I’m happy to report that we’ve now released our first Windows Mobile implementations of Pandora.
Today we’re rolling out Pandora for the HTC XV6900 on Verizon, the HTC Touch on Sprint, and the Motorola Q9C on both Sprint and Verizon. These are free to download and are supported solely through advertising. The entire Pandora experience you’ve come to expect on the web is available on your Windows Mobile phone: create stations, listen, give feedback, QuickMix, etc.
In cooperation with AT&T we are also launching Pandora support for three additional Windows Mobile phones: the Samsung Epix, the LG Incite, and HTC Fuze. AT&T has decided to make these versions of Pandora available on a monthly subscription basis.
To get started with Pandora on your HTC Touch, HTC XV6900, Motorola Q9C, LG Incite, HTC Fuze, or Samsung Epix simply visit using Mobile Internet Explorer on your smartphone and follow the installation instructions.
We’re continuing the work required to bring Pandora to a broader range of Windows Mobile handsets. Keep your eye on this blog and this page for updates on new handsets.
For those of you that have been keeping an eye on this since I first talked about it so long ago, thanks again for your patience. Enjoy!

1. JP
    December 22, 2008 at 11:54pm
    I have the HTC Touch w/ Sprint and almost jumped out of my seat when I found out Pandora was available for it now. Went straight to the site on my phone, downloaded, and installed. But i can't run it, I get a Visual C++ Debug... message everytime. What's the deal? thanks.
  2. B
    December 23, 2008 at 9:36am
  3. Ian Ellison, Pandora Listener Support
    December 23, 2008 at 12:08pm
    @jp Sorry to hear about that. So far everyone who has reported this condition has had it cleared up via hard-resetting their WinMo device. (We think it may have to do with temporary data corruption on the handset, e.g. an infrequent side effect of installing programs since the last hard-reset on that device). Of course you'd want to back up your device before performing the hard-reset. A solution like PIM Backup ( ) may be helpful, although we do not support or officially endorse any particular third-party software. If you have additional issues, or questions or concerns before proceeding, please contact for assistance.
  4. Ian Ellison, Pandora Listener Support
    December 23, 2008 at 3:21pm
    @b We're very interested in being available on more handsets. We can't promise anything specific about a particular handset, but your feedback is noted!
  5. Natalie Tucker
    December 23, 2008 at 5:13pm
    I second T's emotion!!
  6. david
    December 24, 2008 at 4:24am
    I'm also having trouble with volume with pandora on my moto 9qc. Roller wheel has no effect. I tried changing system volume as suggested above, but still has no or sometimes very soft volume.
  7. Etienne – Pandora Listener Support
    December 24, 2008 at 7:23pm
    David - Try playing an mp3 file or other audio. Then raise the volume using the volume control /and/ the roller wheel. Then launch Pandora again. Robert, Vito, - We can't say for sure which devices will support Pandora next, but there are quite a few of them in the development and testing pipeline Restaurant - Thank you for your continued support. Bonnie - Please email us at pandora-support @ we'll try and sort this out Everyone - Have a very happy holiday!
  8. Austin
    December 25, 2008 at 11:08pm
    Just thought I'd point out to those that aren't aware, the Pandora app works on just about any WinMo phone I've tested it on. I have an HTC Titan (aka Sprint Mogul or Verizon XV6800) and it works perfectly. I've also tested it on an original MotoQ (with WinMo 5) and it worked great. Perhaps you guys could add these to the supported list so that when others with these phones point their mobile browser to they won't get a "not supported" message?
  9. Michi
    December 26, 2008 at 6:10pm
    I am voting for Blackberry too. At least, on my Pearl Flip / T-mobile - to be selfish ^o^.
  10. T-D
    December 27, 2008 at 10:15pm
    Very niche market here, but what about us PDA users? We connect straight to the internet, so there wouldn't be any negotiating with service providers, just convincing half a million flavors of Windows Mobile to work. (Asus A626 here, Windows Mobile 6 classic)