Dear Chicagoans –
I’ve been looking forward to the Apple store talk this coming Tuesday in the windy city. Unfortunately, for personal reasons I have be in California on Tuesday. I will be ably replaced by Tom Conrad, our CTO. Tom runs engineering at Pandora, so he’s ultimately the wizard behind the application. I dare you to stump him with technical questions. He’s been with us from the very beginning of Pandora, so he’ll also talk about our history and where Pandora is heading.
Sorry I can’t make it, but I’m already talking with the store about coming in the new year. In the meantime, I encourage you to drop by to meet with Tom. You’ll enjoy his talk. He’s much smarter than I am…
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Steven Klassen
    December 05, 2008 at 2:11pm
    Sorry to hear you won't be attending, but it looks like my trip to Chicago will overlap, so I should be able to make it. =)
  2. Jamon
    December 06, 2008 at 8:38am
    Chicagoeans can easily stump him. All they have to ask is when will Pandora be available for Windows Mobile. Although that may not be very appropriate in an Apple store :)
  3. KP
    December 07, 2008 at 9:58am
    lol jamon
  4. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 08, 2008 at 2:00pm
    Hey Oraclemark, Not a bad idea at all--we're always trying to expand availability and a standalone device would be king. We do have the Chumby and the Squeezebox (though these are not portable) as well as the iPhone (which is not a dedicated device, obviously). But yeah, something portable to be used only for Pandora--it seems inevitable but we'll have to wait and see. Thanks for writing. -A
  5. lucia
    December 08, 2008 at 5:50pm
    can u add latin cgristian music as a category
  6. BuzzinHeart
    December 09, 2008 at 8:47am
    a little too much computer talk. Ease up, alot of untrained 'button pushers'out here. Li'l tune down to 'home talk' Style. We Love Music too,and we'll muttle thru....... And I Appreciate having this, or any access. Vary Refreshing! (we so, spill bad too) What's a URL anyway? Talk to me Baby! BuzzinHeart.
  7. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 09, 2008 at 9:54am
    Hi folks, @Lucia--Do you mean Christian music sung in Latin? Or Latino artists playing Christian music? Either way I think we might have you covered! If you can't find an artist you're looking for, just write to suggest-music@pandora.com with your recommendation. You can also try a search for Gregorian chant and see if that's what you're looking for... @Buzzin--I can be kind of lacking in tech acumen, so I totally feel you on this! Take care, A
  8. shizernitter
    December 11, 2008 at 12:35pm
    fuck this shit it for real
  9. Rob
    December 11, 2008 at 3:21pm
    When might we expect mobile support on the Blackberry? Seems like it is more than capable of handling it.
  10. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 11, 2008 at 3:52pm
    The Blackberry can definitely handle Pandora from a technical standpoint. Availability is usually a question of what the mobile providers want to do. So all I can say for now, is there's several new devices on the horizon, so do stay tuned with us! -A
  11. Quikboy
    December 13, 2008 at 2:42am
    I'm still waiting for my HTC Touch Diamond to get a Pandora app too... So for now, I can only listen to it on my computer. :(
  12. David Kamatoy
    December 13, 2008 at 2:49am
    So wish we could have had some of our people there. Looking forward to the updates.. We should be submitting the Derek Stroh Project in the first quarter. wwww.DerekStrohBlog.com
  13. hassan janjua
    December 15, 2008 at 11:52pm
    I love Pandora and listen to it all the time on my computer and I use to on my iphone. I now have Touch Pro which is pratically the same as the Diamond. Please, please, please make a port for the Touch Diamond and Pro. Its got a huge customer base. The touch pro has been sold out on the sprint page for a while now and there's a huge amount of people around the world with the Diamond. You guys offer the best service on the internet by far and I would love it on the go. Keep up the great work.
  14. Kim
    December 16, 2008 at 4:51am
    I wish we could have pandora on Verizon Wireless! That would be awesome!
  15. Robert Hesse
    December 24, 2008 at 10:22am
    Will blackberrys be able to support pandora-through alltel?
  16. Glenn Dixon
    December 28, 2008 at 12:36pm
    Can I get the application in Canada???? I've looked on my itunes and don't seem to see it.
  17. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 29, 2008 at 11:02am
    @Glenn--we are not currently available outside the US due to the unique licensing laws of each country. This will take some time but stay tuned... @everyone asking about Pandora on their phone--check with your provider or for updates on http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go -A
  18. Zach
    December 29, 2008 at 11:58am
    I hope one of the upcoming devices Pandora will be available on will be the HTC Touch Pro. I just got one and was looking forward to having Pandora available on it. Verizon sells the HTC Touch Pro as well, so hopefully the app is phone specific instead of carrier AND phone specific.
  19. Josh
    December 31, 2008 at 9:57am
    How about a Wii channel?
  20. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 31, 2008 at 11:07am
    @Zach and Josh--we know it's frustrating when Pandora is not available for your device but rest assured, we're working on it. -A
  21. Josh
    March 23, 2009 at 1:42pm
    Just wanted to put another vote in for Pandora on the HTC Touch Pro, that would be fantastic.
  22. Noel
    August 19, 2009 at 11:34am
    Still waiting for an Touch Pro/Diamond version. I am willing to pay for the service. I am willing to get premium, but not until I can get it on my phone
  23. arşiv rafı
    April 08, 2015 at 11:53pm
    I now have Touch Pro which is pratically

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )