2M iPhones.png
At 10:04am this morning we hit 2,000,000 registered iPhone Pandora users!
We’re hearing all sorts of wonderful feedback from listeners who are using it on their commute, jogging with it, plugging it into home audio systems…you name it. And as usual, offering all sorts of great feedback and suggestions. It’s thrilling for us to see the broader vision for Pandora take shape. Our hearty thanks for your continued support and input.
It also makes us very happy to know that the 60,000+ artists in our collection are now getting played on car radios all across the country. Times they are a changin’ …
Thanks also to the iPhone and iTunes teams at Apple who have been, and continue to be, so helpful and supportive.
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. jason
    December 03, 2008 at 11:46am
    Im sad.. I cant get it on my BB Bold and even if I could id be sqd cos I live in europe and you cant get Pandora here.
  2. Jay
    December 03, 2008 at 2:40pm
    ^^^ I second that. My love for Pandora almost inspires me to get an iphone, but I would rather have it on a blackberry!
  3. Jay
    December 03, 2008 at 2:43pm
    Also, might I suggest a unique 'pandora' device? The times that I miss pandora the most are long road trips, and it would be nice to have some sort of device to plug into the speakers, even if it is subscription based like XM. This would allow Pandora to generate some revenue that isn't add based.
  4. Jason
    December 03, 2008 at 4:42pm
    I really hope they start allowing Canada use the app, and the website. I'm not sure how Last.fm or other sites can do it, and Pandora can't... but quite honestly - it's kind of stupid.
  5. Andrew
    December 03, 2008 at 4:50pm
    Wow. Congratulations. I think it is terrific news. Your software is amazing. I have been an avid user since the get go... I am glad everyone recognizes it is good stuff.
  6. ellen
    December 04, 2008 at 4:26am
    Suggest you add a "Production" category under search, so one could search for eg an artist who played with Stax.
  7. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 04, 2008 at 10:03am
    Hey folks, Production category! I like it... Phil Spector station, perhaps? Stax would be immense for sure! In response to Jay, we've gotten a lot of interest in getting Pandora in the car and we've come close with the iPhone. As tech stuff keeps advancing it would seem inevitable so do stay tuned. In response to Jason, every country has unique music licensing laws so it's just a matter of addressing those before we can make ourselves available in other countries. OK folks, take care and Happy Thursday... -A
  8. Jamon
    December 04, 2008 at 3:56pm
    Just did some research...an article from February of this year stated there were 14.5 million windows mobile devices sold in the 6 months prior. And you guys are stoked on 2 million iphone users, blogging about visiting their headquarters. Wouldn't adding a zero to that iphone number sound good? What operating system are probably 80-90% of your desktop & laptop users logging in from? We both know the answer to that. If you guys could please pull your lips off apples butt long enough to put out the windows mobile app you've promised for 3 years, WE'D ALL STOP COMPLAINING !!!!
  9. Brian
    December 04, 2008 at 7:06pm
    Wow, being able to get Pandora in the car would be a big improvement over satellite radio. I am hearing more and more commercials on these so-called commercial-free networks.
  10. Cristi
    December 05, 2008 at 10:59am
    That is great! Congratulations!! Thanks for being such an awesome service, I was pretty psyched the day I found the Pandora app in app store... what a fantastic idea! Rock on.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )