2M iPhones.png
At 10:04am this morning we hit 2,000,000 registered iPhone Pandora users!
We’re hearing all sorts of wonderful feedback from listeners who are using it on their commute, jogging with it, plugging it into home audio systems…you name it. And as usual, offering all sorts of great feedback and suggestions. It’s thrilling for us to see the broader vision for Pandora take shape. Our hearty thanks for your continued support and input.
It also makes us very happy to know that the 60,000+ artists in our collection are now getting played on car radios all across the country. Times they are a changin’ …
Thanks also to the iPhone and iTunes teams at Apple who have been, and continue to be, so helpful and supportive.
Cheers. Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. nick
    December 02, 2008 at 3:59pm
    Congrats! Hopefully we'll see an App on Android in the near future so that the mobile community grow even larger
  2. Lea
    December 02, 2008 at 4:44pm
    I am a new user to Pandora but I am hooked already. I am going to buy the Sprint Instinct phone *those ads really work* so I can take Pandora with me everywhere. It is not just the music that has me hooked. It is the information on each song and artist. I also like to read what the other fans have to say. This is great. Thanks for such a fantastic site.
  3. margaret
    December 02, 2008 at 5:08pm
    nobody cares-c no other comments u should add "Never Think" by Rob Pattinson & "Bella's" Lullaby" by Carter Burwell to Pandora
  4. vw
    December 02, 2008 at 7:23pm
    That is wonderful. Where is the windows mobile support?
  5. tim bkny
    December 02, 2008 at 11:33pm
    pandora for android G1 anytime soon?? =D
  6. Harold E. Brown
    December 03, 2008 at 4:59am
    A friend told me about it last night and i googled the site and it was off the charts,they played every song, and I loved every song not 90% but 100%
  7. vw
    December 03, 2008 at 5:24am
    Why do you charge extra for the windows mobile edition when the iphone version is free? There are way more WM handsets out there!
  8. Solacetech
    December 03, 2008 at 6:24am
    Congrats! Keep those tunes spinning!!!
  9. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 03, 2008 at 9:47am
    As far as other devices: no ETA yet for anything but we're working on it. We're like Frankenstein in the lab right now and we don't want to jinx it! All we can ask is that you stay tuned as we are trying to bring Pandora to as many devices as humanly possible... -A
  10. nycebo
    December 03, 2008 at 10:18am
    Great. I'm excited for you guys, but when is Pandora going to be available on a Blackberry. I'm dying over here!
  11. jason
    December 03, 2008 at 11:46am
    Im sad.. I cant get it on my BB Bold and even if I could id be sqd cos I live in europe and you cant get Pandora here.
  12. Jay
    December 03, 2008 at 2:40pm
    ^^^ I second that. My love for Pandora almost inspires me to get an iphone, but I would rather have it on a blackberry!
  13. Jay
    December 03, 2008 at 2:43pm
    Also, might I suggest a unique 'pandora' device? The times that I miss pandora the most are long road trips, and it would be nice to have some sort of device to plug into the speakers, even if it is subscription based like XM. This would allow Pandora to generate some revenue that isn't add based.
  14. Jason
    December 03, 2008 at 4:42pm
    I really hope they start allowing Canada use the app, and the website. I'm not sure how Last.fm or other sites can do it, and Pandora can't... but quite honestly - it's kind of stupid.
  15. Andrew
    December 03, 2008 at 4:50pm
    Wow. Congratulations. I think it is terrific news. Your software is amazing. I have been an avid user since the get go... I am glad everyone recognizes it is good stuff.
  16. ellen
    December 04, 2008 at 4:26am
    Suggest you add a "Production" category under search, so one could search for eg an artist who played with Stax.
  17. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 04, 2008 at 10:03am
    Hey folks, Production category! I like it... Phil Spector station, perhaps? Stax would be immense for sure! In response to Jay, we've gotten a lot of interest in getting Pandora in the car and we've come close with the iPhone. As tech stuff keeps advancing it would seem inevitable so do stay tuned. In response to Jason, every country has unique music licensing laws so it's just a matter of addressing those before we can make ourselves available in other countries. OK folks, take care and Happy Thursday... -A
  18. Jamon
    December 04, 2008 at 3:56pm
    Just did some research...an article from February of this year stated there were 14.5 million windows mobile devices sold in the 6 months prior. And you guys are stoked on 2 million iphone users, blogging about visiting their headquarters. Wouldn't adding a zero to that iphone number sound good? What operating system are probably 80-90% of your desktop & laptop users logging in from? We both know the answer to that. If you guys could please pull your lips off apples butt long enough to put out the windows mobile app you've promised for 3 years, WE'D ALL STOP COMPLAINING !!!!
  19. Brian
    December 04, 2008 at 7:06pm
    Wow, being able to get Pandora in the car would be a big improvement over satellite radio. I am hearing more and more commercials on these so-called commercial-free networks.
  20. Cristi
    December 05, 2008 at 10:59am
    That is great! Congratulations!! Thanks for being such an awesome service, I was pretty psyched the day I found the Pandora app in app store... what a fantastic idea! Rock on.
  21. sitenoise
    December 05, 2008 at 10:47pm
    I was kind of excited, just got an iPhone, but I can't deal with a web site that exists completely on Flash and pop-ups. Sorry. This is the worst web site design I have encountered in a long long time. I'll have to look elsewhere.
  22. Doug Pocius
    December 06, 2008 at 3:18pm
    Pandora: it's a wonderful thing! I listen both on my iPod Touch and my Mac desktop. How about a Dashboard widget for Mac so I don't have to have a web browser open?
  23. gy from l.a.
    December 07, 2008 at 9:26am
    i would like to see the option of listening to my favorite songs immediately and the ability to replay a song. i often choose a song that hass been sung by very different artists for example: - my funny valentine by; - chet baker -chakah khan it would be great to have this option to choose for an individual song
  24. Jackie
    December 07, 2008 at 10:55am
    When will there be a Blackberry Pandora app?
  25. Wolfgang
    December 07, 2008 at 11:42am
    That's awesome news for you guys at Pandora. Now, about that Android app...? :-)
  26. Yuri
    December 08, 2008 at 8:51am
    That is so lovely but I have one thing to say... Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt Tilt!!!! When are you going to get the AT&T Tilt???? You're not Tilt-ists are you? ^.^ JK! I love Pandora and look forward to getting it on my phone...
  27. PedroDaGr8
    December 08, 2008 at 3:45pm
    I am here to also vote for support for WinMobile. The thing is, there is ALREADY a windows mobile client, for the AT&T Incite (or Insight)I think it is. AT&T charges like $8/mo for the service (I hope most of that money goes to Pandora and not AT&Ts pockets). Myself, I am on sprint (prolly one of the few extremely happy Sprint users). I already stream SomaFM to my headunit via bluetooth and would KILL for Pandora.
  28. Zac
    December 08, 2008 at 5:19pm
    Awesome! Avid user myself. May I suggest your next avenue of domination? An app for video game consoles! (namely Playstation 3 [whom already has a web browser]) PLEASE! -Zac
  29. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 09, 2008 at 9:47am
    Thanks for poising us for world domination, Zac! We keep getting closer and closer... :) In all seriousness, thanks folks who chimed in (and continue to chime in) about Pandora expanding to new devices. New stuff is always on the horizon. -A
  30. Susie
    December 10, 2008 at 12:51pm
    I can't wait to get an iPhone. i hate the regular radio.
  31. t-dub
    December 11, 2008 at 10:47am
    Awesome! Now we need a Symbian/S60 app to watch those numbers really grow...
  32. ben
    December 11, 2008 at 10:56am
    that's great... i use it all the time... one thing i wish you had though: iTunes integration. I have whole home audio system that i control via my iphone with "remote". If pandora could be incorporated in someway similar, that also played over airtunes (requires itunes i think), i would happily pay a subscription fee to use it in my house. It would eliminate any need for satellite radio in the home (especially since they got rid of my punk station!!! urgghh)...
  33. Randolyn
    December 11, 2008 at 2:54pm
    Please get a deal with Blackberry with Alltel!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Pandora and would be so happy to have it on my blackberry. When I heard you could get it on the iphone I immediatly tried on my BB. It didn't work! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to get something with BB!!!!!!
  34. Rich
    December 11, 2008 at 4:30pm
    How about an open API so we developers can plug into the stream and make their own apps for these devices? Even if it's an ad-supported stream, Pandora on more things would be sweet.
  35. Viktor
    December 13, 2008 at 4:50pm
    I have a subscription to XM radio/Sirius, but now they aren't "commercial free" anymore as their marketing BS tells you - sure there are some commercial free stations, but the commercials are 'creepin" in and they will probably be the next FM radio - which was commercial free many years ago. And now that I have Pandora that "delivers" what I want, I'm canceling my subscription to XM radio/Sirius. They offer me nothing worth the subscription. And with my iPhone, Pandora is with me anywhere. It leave XM/Sirius in the dust:)! Pandora is AWESOME!!!!!!! Viktor
  36. Don
    December 13, 2008 at 6:12pm
    When do we get Pandora for the Blackberry!!! Can't wait.
  37. Lindsay
    December 15, 2008 at 1:28pm
    Any chances you will have an app when the Blackberry Storm app store launches or blackberries through Verizon will every be able to use Pandora...would love to have your great service on my Storm.
  38. Justin
    December 15, 2008 at 1:57pm
    Pandora for Winmo but no Android? Tsk.
  39. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 15, 2008 at 3:44pm
    Thanks for posting all the device recommendations! We're chipping away at all kinds of possibilities right now. FYI: it's ultimately the provider's decision what services end up on their devices. But it is our intention to walk Pandora through every door that will let us in! Take care and stay tuned... -A
  40. Jon
    December 15, 2008 at 5:08pm
    Just wanna throw my vote out there. I have a BlackBerry Pearl through Alltel and actually tried to play Pandora along time ago but to no avail. I would be awesome if Pandora was available for BlackBerry. Maybe I'm asking to much now but I play X-Box 360 way to much and would love to see Pandora on there. And in Pandora fashion, for free if possible, I don't pay for Microsoft's crap they put on X-Box Live, $50 a year is enough.
  41. George
    December 15, 2008 at 8:15pm
    blackberry storm on Vz PULLLEEEESSEEEE!
  42. Alex
    December 15, 2008 at 8:59pm
    My only question is why have you not expanded out into the Blackberry world. Many of us are starving from the lack of music options on our BBs. And especially since the BB came out with the Storm, it is clear that BB will be moving towards more music-friendly hardware/software.
  43. tim steinruck
    December 17, 2008 at 7:36am
    I like everything that is on Pandora, but you should add the crush song by David Archela.
  44. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 17, 2008 at 10:01am
    Good morning folks, @JT--These could be possible from a tech POV but Apple prohibits 3rd party apps from running simultaneously with primary functions or interacting with their services. Should this change, we'd likely jump on the chance to exploit these features but for now, that is the case. @tim steinruck--We've TOTALLY got "Crush" by David Archuleta. Enjoy! -A
  45. Mike Dowling
    December 24, 2008 at 10:48am
    Wow! I always thought I was one in a million...but I guess now I'm one in two million. Congratulations for creating the killer Iphone app, and thank you for being my companion at work, at home, in my car, and on my bicycle.
  46. Arlene
    December 25, 2008 at 10:20pm
    Thank you so much for your great music. I just love the way I can put in an artist or song & get terrific music back. I have sent your site to all my e-mail buddies about it. At least 1/2 of them use it now also, for many different things. Once again!! Thanks!! P.S. You have a wide variety of Holiday music which I listen to all year long! It keeps my spirits up!
  47. JR
    December 26, 2008 at 10:51am
    You guys are off the charts!! I am most impressed by the quality of people in your organization and your dedication to quality over quantity! All I ask is you kindly send me an email when y'all decide to go public!! Pandora has the brand-name potential of becoming commonized (eg Bandaid, Google, Xerox)!! Like JT, I have a few questions and ideas: When I use my iPhone, it seems that I do not get the same "randomization" of song selection as I do on my computer. For example, on the iPhone, my hard rock station will play already-ranked songs over...and over...and over...and over. Hence, adding the "Don't Play for a Month" feature would make me, and many others, very happy. (Also, on iPhone Pandora, the ability to move songs to other stations would be nice.) But, when I come home and turn on the same station on Pandora on the computer, I don't have the repetitiveness issue; and, in fact, Pandora on the computer seems to randomize the song-selection extremely well. What gives? Maybe it's just that particular iPhone station--my alternative station doesn't have this issue--but several of my iPhone stations do. At any rate, you guys keep fighting the good fight and I am looking forward to putting money in your pockets one day soon!
  48. Ian Ellison, Pandora Listener Support
    December 26, 2008 at 2:54pm
    @mike @arlene Thanks, folks. It really means a lot to us to hear such positive feedback! @jr No plans for going public yet. We're very protective of Pandora, and what it's come to mean to listeners and musicians. But thanks for the vote of confidence! As for the issue you describe, we're always tweaking our playlist algorithms. Thanks for the helpful feedback. In the meantime, yes, what you're experiencing is related to the station, not the iPhone. You get the exact same playlist on either platform. For the affected station, try adding variety (you can do that by going to the iPhone's Station Page-- from the upper left when listening to music-- then touching "Edit," then touching the name of the station). You can also choose to listen to that station on your computer for an hour or two to give you a chance to put some of those songs to sleep. We're eventually hoping to have the playlists tuned so well that that feature isn't such a necessity.
  49. Lisa Marie Coppoletta
    December 26, 2008 at 5:11pm
    ...one of the reasons of why/how i could justify the ipod purchase was PANDORA . . . PANDORA RULES AND IS MY ONLY RADIO STATION! BIG PROPS TO PANDORA!
  50. Matt
    December 26, 2008 at 10:56pm
    Fantastic application. Received an iTouch for christmas, stumbled across this app, one of the first ones I tried installing. I could not be more impressed or pleased. Great Work!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )