Tim in NYLast year, a crew of music-loving British documentary filmmakers joined Tim as he hosted town hall meetings and hit open mic nights across the country. The first of these episodes has just premiered on their website DigForFire. It’s set in New York City.
They have a whole collection of cool live music videos as well. Check ’em out.
Dig,
Kevin

Comments

1. Paul
    November 25, 2008 at 7:08am
    This is an incredible piece where Tim provides insight into his philosophy behind Pandora. Well worth a watch. Hey Tim: Why don't you create an "Open Mic" station by genre? Also, we just got your "signature series" squeezebox, very cool.
  2. chippendales
    November 25, 2008 at 11:35am
    Good blog ! I like Emilie
  3. jonathon
    November 25, 2008 at 11:04pm
    I really love the idea of Pandora, but I'm sad that everytime I use it I only get to hear a song or two and then it freezes up and says they're having technical difficulty. Please work out the bugs! This is the best internet idea in a long time. It will be amazing when everything works smoothly.
  4. Big Bird
    November 26, 2008 at 1:16am
    I really love pandora.After you hav an mp4 for about 3 years, you get bored with it. Now if I want, i can just choose another artist.Thanx 2 kevin, i can also do a little research on the artist(s).At least we dont have to spend an eternity downloading limewire, or pay for bearshare.and search up a SINGLE song.Any other site I use gives ALL artists under that name.unfortenetly I can only listen to 2 or 3 songs before it says its havin tech problems as well.Some times it'll say that a certain artist does not exist.(Chevelle)If you guys can work those 2 kinks out....then that would be even more GROOLER!!! see yahh!!
  5. Kevin Seal
    November 26, 2008 at 9:33am
    Thanks, guys -- Hi Paul, I'm actually not sure how we'd make an "Open Mic" station. There's nothing in each song's analysis to indicate that the artist is an open-mic performer... Hi Big Bird, Weird that it sometimes shows that we don't have Chevelle. We have Chevelle! Here's their profile page: http://www.pandora.com/music/artist/chevelle If that happens again, could you let tech support know about it? They are pandora-support@pandora.com. Thanks for listening, and happy Thanksgiving, y'all, Kevin
  6. steven
    November 26, 2008 at 7:01pm
    i do not whent this
  7. diana
    November 26, 2008 at 10:36pm
    here is a song that you should add to your database I Wanna Be Rich by Calloway Please please please thank you
  8. Roman
    November 27, 2008 at 9:34am
    Offtopic, but... It seems like latest pandora is streaming at 64kbps. Is it correct?
  9. Roland
    November 27, 2008 at 12:54pm
    COOL BLOG! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO THE PANDORA STAFF AND THANKS FOR THE FOUR YEARS THAT I HAVE ENJOYED PANDORA.
  10. Kevin Seal
    November 28, 2008 at 1:28pm
    @Diana -- I will send your comment to suggest-music@pandora. That address is best for all song and artist recommendations. Thanks for the tip. @Roman -- Are you on a desktop? If so, you're getting 128kbps. If you're on a mobile device, such as an iPhone, and you aren't in a solid coverage area, you might be getting 64kbps. What are you listening on? @Roland -- Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
  11. Trevor
    December 10, 2008 at 6:57pm
    Band out there in NY called Stuedabakerbrown. You need to check them out. They just released their first album so it's on itunes and napster, etc. Very good band, and I think you should think about putting them on here.
  12. Betto
    December 16, 2008 at 7:36am
    Great site and excellent concept; I really appreciate your work. For a long while, I was able to listen without any interruptions, as off a few days ago, I am only getting half songs, the song stops streaming half into it and there is along pause before a new song starts. I am in a corporate network, is there anything I need to change, is this a common problem? As great as the pandora experiense can be, this is really anoying; do I need a pay subscription to improve performance? Thank you, keep up the good work!!!
  13. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 17, 2008 at 3:41pm
    @Trevor -- noted! thanks for the suggestion. @Betto -- subscription removes ads but does not affect the quality of the audio. that's supposed to be dependent on your connection. i'll write to you to see if i can help. -A
  14. Carol Toran
    December 18, 2008 at 9:35am
    Hi, I am new to the station and I think it is incredible. I enjoyed the blog so much, I will keep reading and happy to be in on all the exciting things.
  15. Bob
    November 20, 2009 at 7:25am
    Looking to use pandora as a standardized music player for all the users on my corporate network. I plan on setting up genic stations by genre and letting each user play accordingly. Will I have difficulity having 30+ users access through same account managed by a Microsoft Sharepoint site? ANy thoughts or suggestions would be apprciated. Great Site! Bob
  16. arşiv rafı
    April 08, 2015 at 11:54pm
    I am only getting half songs, Thanks you

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )