Soho Apple Store.jpgIf you missed the recent Pandora meet-up in New York, you can catch me at the Apple Store in SoHo on Thursday, October 16th, 2008.
This will be a get together to talk about Pandora on the iPhone–including the newest updates to the application. I’ll also share a little about the history of Pandora, how the Music Genome Project works and answer any questions you might have about the service and the company. Should be a fun evening.
Please RSVP to let us know you’ll be there by sending an email to event@pandora.com with “APPLE STORE” in the subject line. Feel free to bring as many guests as you like! Seats will be first come first served.
Full details below:
What: Tim Westergren, founder of Pandora, at the Apple Store in SoHo.
When: Thursday, October 16th, 2008 at 6 PM
Where: Apple Store in SoHo–103 Prince Street, New York City
Hope to see you there!
–Tim (founder)

Comments

1. nick
    October 10, 2008 at 12:57pm
    no disrespect to the iPhone... it's a great device. but i have a blackberry, and i'm not feeling the pandora love. what's zee dealio, guys?
  2. Andy
    October 10, 2008 at 4:21pm
    Hey, Let me say first that I love the selection of music that Pandora plays for me. It has definitely expanded my horizons. I recently had a party at my place and used Pandora to play all the music and the crowd loved it. Only thing missing was a sort of auto DJ/Mixing feature. Do you think this is something you folks can/will implement on your streams in the near future?
  3. Evan Roberts
    October 11, 2008 at 11:34am
    Tim, Pandora is amazing! I am in a social media class at Ohio Northern University and I am wondering if it would be possible for you to upload this presentation or make it viewable on YouTube or something. I would love to learn more about the Music Genome Project. Evan
  4. Ellen
    October 11, 2008 at 9:09pm
    Okay, we are in love with Pandora. Our current favorite station came about when we hybridized our Chet Atkins station (which had been fine-tuned by thumbs-upping all the fabulous guitar songs and thumbs-downing anything too corny) by adding the names Ry Cooder, Taj Mahal, and Cyril Pahinui. Now it plays the sweetest selection of incredibly diverse guitar music. My husband wants to buy a computer for his 93-year-old guitar-picking dad because he thinks that if ol' Hok Hokanson could listen to Pandora, 'twould add years to his life. We're delighted the legislation passed and eternally grateful to whichever one of our kids turned us on to Pandora. Thanks to all of you Music Genome folks. You're genius.
  5. Eric D. Milhem
    October 12, 2008 at 3:40am
    Guys, I don't mean to be critical...but when I make a station for Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley you play some whack shit like Elton John. I just want to listen to Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley. If I wanted to listen to Dave Matthews or the fuckin' Eagles I would get a station for them. This is seriously frustrating.
  6. Lindsay
    October 12, 2008 at 7:23pm
    Yall need to get this pandora shit on the Rumor phone cuz I wanna listen to it when im on the go!
  7. Lucia @ Pandora
    October 13, 2008 at 1:10pm
    Thanks for the comments, everyone! @ nick We're working on a blackberry app! ---------------------------------- @ Andy Thanks for the suggestion! ---------------------------------- @ Evan I'll make sure Tim sees your comment! ---------------------------------- @ Ellen Wow, thanks so much for the sweet message! Your station sounds great. You can always get pops an iPhone. It plays Pandora, and can be hooked up to speakers easy-peasy. : ) Thanks for listening! ---------------------------------- @ Eric Sorry about that! As you give feedback on your station, it will learn your tastes, and your playlist will change to better suit you. : ) ---------------------------------- @ Lindsay Thanks for your suggestion! We're hoping to get Pandora on lots more phones and on more carriers. Thanks everybody! Lucia, from Pandora
  8. james
    October 13, 2008 at 3:49pm
    If anyone is intrested in a forum to discuss pandora-check out digitalradiocentral.com-tell em hank-the-dwarf sent ya-there is an internet radio forum there as well as satrad which is what i used to have before i found u guys!
  9. Jarrett Bridgeman
    October 13, 2008 at 5:00pm
    Hey, when in Chicago, check out the Underground Wonderbar, with the owner Lonnie Walker and her band. Great sounds!
  10. Tyler
    October 14, 2008 at 9:45am
    Pandora, You need some serious work! everytime I hear a popular song (which I like) it just stops streaming. WTF This rarely happened a couple of months ago. This is really a pain in the ass.
  11. Lucia @ Pandora
    October 14, 2008 at 12:37pm
    Hey Tyler - Mike from Support has contacted you to try to troubleshoot! :) Lucia, from Pandora
  12. pandorafan
    October 14, 2008 at 3:53pm
    hey guys i'm a huge fan of pandora and bought the no-ad access. problem is it recently expired and other than supporting you guys i feel like i didn't really get much. i didnt get ads in a web page that i never look at.. big deal. what would be more awesome is if you could get multiple nameable quickmixes or something cool like that, and i'd have re-upped my subscription for sure. anyway, just a thought.
  13. Damon
    October 15, 2008 at 10:21am
    I loved Pandora v1.1 on my iPhone 3G, but since v1.2 it's just unlistenable. It seems that the "High Quality" switch doesn't work at all. I contacted support, but there wasn't any real suggestions on what to try. The poor audio quality in v1.2 has pushed me away so I really hope you can come out with a v1.3 player that has a true "Force High Quality" option - my ears just can't take the super-high pitch noise present in v1.2 (sensitive hearing). Occasional skipping I can handle! :)
  14. Lucia @ Pandora
    October 15, 2008 at 11:35am
    Thanks for the comments! @ pandorafan Thanks for the thoughtful feedback; that's helpful. Feel free to enjoy Pandora for free for as long as you like! @ Damon Sorry about that! I hope our future updates fair better for you. We don't want you missing out on Pandora on your phone, for sure! Best, Lucia, from Pandora
  15. Dimitri Novus
    October 15, 2008 at 12:34pm
    Hi! PandoraTM is coming up for RumorTM and BlackberryTM. Hopefully one day we'll have a dedicated PandoraTM device, running a SprintTM WiMaxTM chip. Stay tuned! :)
  16. Kristen
    October 30, 2008 at 1:44pm
    QUESTION: Did Apple steal the Music Genome Project with its new "genius" program??
  17. Leanne Ackert
    November 03, 2008 at 7:46am
    I like Pandora radio but don't appreciate the biased political advertising.
  18. nstg8r
    December 20, 2008 at 9:46am
    I was starting to think I was the only one that was getting the high pitched squeel with the new version, pandora was the reason I switched from my nokia n95. Now since the new version I can'teven use the app, is there a way to get the old version back?
  19. Alee – Listener Advocate
    December 22, 2008 at 12:18pm
    @nstg8r--Which phone are you using? Please drop us a line at pandora-support@pandora.com with a detailed report of your problem. Thanks! -A
  20. Subal
    March 14, 2009 at 9:02pm
    I have a iPhone 3g and am hearing the same high pitched buzz/squeel sound. It is VERY annoying and I cant use it which is to bad because I would if I could, all the time.
  21. arşiv rafı
    April 09, 2015 at 2:58pm
    what would be more awesome is if you could !!
  22. çelik raf
    November 19, 2015 at 1:50pm
    nice work bro

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )