We’re thrilled to let everyone know that the House bill passed! Thanks to your incredible support we were able to overcome the NAB’s efforts to derail us. Phone calls rained into the congressional offices over the past 36 hours. Just amazing.
We’re not done. We still need to get the bill through the Senate, which looks like it will be voting on the bill on Monday.
So stay tuned. We want to make sure the Senators know how important it is for them support our resolution. We’ll be reaching out again to ask you for one more push.
Our deepest gratitude.
Tim (Founder)
NOTE:
The Webcaster Settlement Act of 2008 bill continues to be called HR 7084, even though it’s in the Senate now.
You can find your Senators’ names and phone numbers here.
Please call now!

Comments

1. Josh of Cubicle Ninjas
    September 27, 2008 at 10:58pm
    Pandora forever!
  2. David M.
    September 28, 2008 at 6:27am
    Great job rallying the troups, Tim. From your posts, I in turn contacted many of my friends and spread the word. It was a quick grass-roots effort. And none of them knew about it. I was fortunate when I called my congressman that his assistant answered the phone. He was sincerely interested in my reason for calling. Additionally, even the assistant found it absurd that these politicians get to take the rest of the year off after this "long weekend of working". How stupid. My congressman's assistant growled... then said "can you believe it? How would YOU like to have a job like that". I thought that was cool. THANKS MUCH for getting the word out Tim. GREAT JOB. Keep up the great work!
  3. Michael Leggett
    September 28, 2008 at 1:12pm
    WOO HOO!! Congrats to Tim and the whole Pandora team. I LOVE Pandora so much and can't imagine life without it. It has helped me find new music that I love better than anything before it. Rock on!
  4. Zac
    September 28, 2008 at 1:57pm
    What is the Senate Bill number?
  5. skyephoenix
    September 28, 2008 at 2:03pm
    I contacted my senators, but more detailed info would've been helpful like what was the bill # and language. I don't have time to research eveything and I sounded like a goomba to them I'm sure..."please pass the internet radio providers bill in the senate that just passed the house"...inarticulate at best.
  6. Gordon Stone
    September 28, 2008 at 2:29pm
    I think we are all so fortunate to have an internet service such as this extended to us for free! I applaud your efforts and was very pleased to see this pass. I also think it is important to place some sort of message concerning progress or important messages on the main site instead of happening through the blog section. There are so many who would have loved to help but were unaware of the situation. The RIAA is on their last breath and it seems obvious to me that when they are trying to shut down Pandora, something that is offering discovery and the art of music, they are growing to a new level of desperation. I am behind you and I hope I am able to enjoy your services for a long time to come! Thank you Pandora!
  7. Scott McQueen
    September 28, 2008 at 3:19pm
    Keep up the good work! I truly love Pandora. Any plans for a widget or something so I could have it autoplay on my blog? Let us know
  8. 2Serenity
    September 28, 2008 at 5:31pm
    When I received your email yesterday, I had to paste it on my main blog to get people to CALL their Congresspeople! Since I joined Pandora awhile ago, I always knew of the ongoing troubles and your blog has kept me informed. I appreciate you interacting with us. Through twitter, your team has been very helpful in sharing what has been going on so I appreciate all of us who have been active in trying to save one of the best inventions (in my humble opinion). Just holla and we are here for you.
  9. Tim
    September 28, 2008 at 6:02pm
    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to head that everything passed this round. I will be glad to support the push thru the Senate!!
  10. pcastillo
    September 28, 2008 at 7:37pm
    Pandora is one of the most incredible tool to discover new bands and make awesome playlist, i hope that we'll be able to use the service again soon !!!! THANKS.