iPhone1.1.jpg
Today we’re rolling the first upgrade to Pandora for iPhone, the free version of Pandora internet radio for your iPhone and iPod touch.
In addition to a number of important bug fixes this version has a handful of new features:
+ Stereo over WiFi – Pandora stations now play in high bitrate stereo when using Pandora over WiFi. This makes an iPod touch the perfect companion to your living room stereo. Just dock and play.
+ Station Resume – when you’re using Pandora and switch to another application, or take an incoming phone call, the music will resume right where you left off when you start Pandora back up. It’s not as good as background listening (which isn’t currently possible on the iPhone) but at least you won’t miss anything if you need to hop out to another app for a minute.
+ Search Auto-Complete – as you type an artist, song or composer in the station creation screen we will offer suggestions in real time as you go.
+ Station Sorting – view your stations either by the creation date or alphabetically.
+ On Phone Registration – users that are new to Pandora can now complete account registrations on the iPhone and iPod touch.
+ Settings Panel – swap your Pandora login without reinstalling the app.
To get started just visit: http://pandora.com/on-the-iphone.
Note: Pandora is currently available on approximately 30 other mobile phones. Check http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go to see if your phone is currently supported. While we’re not ready to talk specifically about timing, for those of you with smartphones from other vendors please know that we haven’t forgotten about you and we’re hard at work on versions of Pandora for your phone too. Stay tuned!

Comments

1. Eurosdr
    July 25, 2008 at 3:27pm
    Downloaded 1.1 and was surprised to see the ability to play my multiple radio stations on random mode has been removed as an option. Is it just me or was this one of the best things about 1.0?
  2. Joseph
    July 25, 2008 at 6:39pm
    I have a VERY reproducible bug on the new version... With headphones in, When I start playing a song and then click the SLEEP/WAKE button to lock it the audio immediately drops WAY lower, like from 100% volume to 40%. Still audible but considerably lower Audio level is restored then if you wake it and skip to the next song, or take out headhpones, put them back in and press play. Any ideas? Thanks!!!
  3. SeanO
    July 25, 2008 at 8:04pm
    Thanks for the excellent work. But I gotta say, I didn't wait in line for the "3G" iPhone because I was excited about 64kbps limit. Seriously, you guys need to include high bitrate stereo for 3G. If a longer buffer is needed, so be it. At least make it a user option. I got this phone specifically for streaming music in my car.
  4. Casey
    July 25, 2008 at 9:12pm
    Anyone else having trouble with this? I downloaded the updated app and now I just see the opening wallpaper with no progress circle for about 20 seconds before my iPhone goes back to the home screen. I have downloaded and erased it 3 times now to no avail. The same outcome over wifi, 3G, and EDGE. It was working fine before the update.
  5. Ray
    July 26, 2008 at 12:08am
    I just found out about Pandora. I just want to say it is amazing, I do not know how I lived without it. I hope you guys and gals keep up the great work, thank you so much for this great media experience. You rock!!!!
  6. MikeJS
    July 26, 2008 at 6:39am
    I got my iPhone yesterday, and the first thing I did was get the Pandora app (this was a main reason for me buying an iPhone). Wow. You guys have made an amazing product. And now it's even better than before. This is all new, so I'm sure that the updates the other users are demanding will come in the future, but for me, all I have to say is Wow. Oh, and thank you.
  7. bob smith
    July 26, 2008 at 7:56am
    Sounds great, but are you any closer to releasing this for Canada?
  8. Tones2
    July 26, 2008 at 9:06am
    I'd like those who say that Pandora has good sound quality do an A / B comparison between it and the "Tuner" app. Pick any 64kbps station on Tuner - it will stream perfectly in STEREO over 3G. Now listen to Pandora over 3G (not WiFi) right after and compare the sound quality. The Tuner app in Stereo will sound much better - guaranteed. Note that 64kbps is considered FM quality, which is still pretty darn good. 128kbps is CD quality, but in MONO it sounds more like 32 bits. Tony
  9. bkl
    July 26, 2008 at 10:14am
    After updating to 1.1, I find the volume control for this app is frozen. It's set HIGH so that basically means I can't use this with headphones. Tried reinstalling it twice with no success. Really love this app for the Touch and hope I can figure out a fix without resorting to a complete restore of my player. Any ideas out there?
  10. yegor
    July 26, 2008 at 11:54am
    Thank you for the update. The resume option and stereo over vi-fi are really important, however streaming stereo over 3G is priority, as the magority of iPhone useres need it on the go. Also, the Pandora app has to dimm the screen instead turning it off while the iPhone being charged. Please bring this feature for us.