UPDATE: July 10, 2008. We see from the comments that many of you want Pandora on the iPhone. It’s available now — enjoy!

Late last year I wrote on this blog that when we started Pandora we set out to do 5 things, and that we’d so far only been able to talk about four of them.
Well, tonight we can finally take the wraps off a secret project that we started just about a year ago that lets us tackle that “5th thing.”
Over the course of the last year, we’ve had a team developing something we call the Pandora Everywhere Platform.
This is a entirely new system, that allows us to unleash Pandora from the desktop and delivery to any device, in any music format, over any network wired or wireless with capacity for 10’s of millions of users enjoying the same simple Pandora experience they’ve come to expect at Pandora.com.
Using this platform we’re going to be able to take Pandora to places that it simply couldn’t go before and tonight we’re announcing the first two offerings based on this new system:
Pandora for Sprint
Pandora for Sonos

Comments

1. mike
    April 10, 2010 at 1:55am
    wii + Pandora = FUN!!! DO IT
  2. kassem
    April 26, 2010 at 8:02pm
    Please make my Nokia E72 perfect by adding pandora to it.
  3. Andrew k
    May 22, 2010 at 10:46am
    Nokia Symbian S60 v3 & v5 app please!
  4. John
    June 10, 2010 at 1:42pm
    I think Pandora is missing a huge market by not making a version for Symbian devices. I for one do not think that Symbian's are going to fade away anytime soon. I loved the fact that I could get pandora on my android phone, and hate that I can't on my Symbian, however, that fact alone will not make me switch to another phone, rather I will switch to another music player.
  5. James George
    July 07, 2010 at 1:50pm
    Vote for adding support for the Wii. I would definitely pay for Pandora One to access this feature.
  6. Rob G
    July 13, 2010 at 11:01pm
    I'm Excited about Pandora coming to Tivo. Any Idea When?
  7. Voicu
    July 15, 2010 at 2:30pm
    Nokia is the most sold mobile device in the world and Pandora still doesn't support it. It amuses me that Android and Palm Pre are supported.
  8. Charter Jacobson
    July 15, 2010 at 6:33pm
    I think Pandora should have an API for non-flash devices like the Nintendo DS. I just learned how to make DS homebrew, but there is no c/c++/streaming MP3 API for me to use. Please be more developer friendly, Pandora!
  9. Aaron Carlson
    July 19, 2010 at 11:58pm
    Pandora for the Wii please.
  10. Cody
    July 23, 2010 at 12:04am
    A Wii channel is a great idea! The software laid out for Pandora is fairly basic and would be very simple to create on the Wii. With a Wii channel I believe you get access to all of the Wii's RAM for memory so no memory issue there. Also a visualizer of some kind would be a great addition so that prolonged use wouldn't cause any screen burn-in issues. Maybe even the ability to run in the background!
  11. Todd
    August 08, 2010 at 11:19am
    Yet another vote for Pandora on the Wii. Come on guys, what's the hold up?
  12. shane
    August 08, 2010 at 11:35pm
    really stop asking for the wii. its pointless, didnt you see the other 100 comments from 3 years ago? if it gets made it gets made. begging isnt going to do anything. they know people want it. bla bla bla....
  13. Benjamin
    August 14, 2010 at 12:15pm
    Another vote for Pandora on Wii! Lame comment, Shane. Can't hurt to ask! It's not like one guy asked 100 times... that would be begging. Instead, they just did the same as me: Googled "Pandora on Wii," found this thread, and added their two cents.
  14. Micah
    August 31, 2010 at 3:17pm
    Pandora for WII!!!!!! Please!!!
  15. Jay
    September 01, 2010 at 11:28pm
    You may know Nokia sells the most cellphone and smartphone than any other manufacturers, AND you are missing the biggest customer base!!!
  16. Harish
    September 27, 2010 at 11:46am
    Please get pandora to Symbian. I am using an E63, and there's a bigger market than ever for unlocked Symbian phones in USA. Plz develop the apps soon.
  17. Josh
    September 30, 2010 at 1:09pm
    Pandora for Nokia, PLEASE!!!!
  18. Susan
    October 08, 2010 at 4:05pm
    I would LOVE Pandora on the Wii!!!!
  19. Tim
    October 20, 2010 at 3:18pm
    Pandora on Wii. Good grief, Netflix did it with streaming video.
  20. Kathy
    October 21, 2010 at 4:13pm
    PLEASE get Pandora in sync with the Wii !!! We would LOVE to play it thru our stereo system :)
  21. Anonymouse
    October 28, 2010 at 6:56am
    It's obvious that Pandora doesn't listen to their customers. People have been asking for Pandora on Wii for years and not getting it. While I love Pandora, if I cant get it on my TV, its not that useful to me. There are other companies filling this need. One day, I may decide to stop coming back to check on Pandoa's lack of progress in this area. I wonder how many others have already stopped checking back.
  22. Ken
    November 01, 2010 at 2:49pm
    Yup, would LOVE Pandora on the Wii.
  23. mr7clean
    November 16, 2010 at 11:21am
    Another vote for XBox 360 Via Media center or XBox live.
  24. Alfredo
    November 29, 2010 at 1:17pm
    Please Nokia N97 support, please please
  25. Katrina
    November 29, 2010 at 1:35pm
    I have been dreaming of a pandora channel for my Wii for what seems like forever now! It would be like Manna from Heaven!
  26. Glu
    December 12, 2010 at 12:05pm
    Pandora plugin for media center 7 would be fantastic!
  27. Monica
    December 23, 2010 at 8:35am
    Another vote for Pandora on the Wii, although it will probably just get ignored... )': I use Pandora all the time on my laptop, and I was hoping to play some music through my Wii during a Christmas party I'm having tomorrow night. I guess that's not happening. /: We need a Christmas miracle!
  28. Morgan
    January 27, 2011 at 6:04am
    I think that pandora should be added as a wii channel because the wii is already a revolutionary fun gaming device for the whole family. I think that by adding this not only would more "Pandora Lovers" buy wii's (MORE USERS) but more people that LOVE pandora would be more likely to upgrade to Pandora One which means More M-O-N-E-Y for you!
  29. James
    April 13, 2011 at 11:46am
    There still no Pandora for Symbian OS. What is the reason for this? Surely it is not simply because Pandora does not have time to develop the app. I just want to know why! I have held off subscribing to Pandora One only because I cannot listen on my mobile device.
  30. Jessica
    April 21, 2011 at 5:00am
    I was really disappointed that Pandora doesn't work on my Wii :( Are you working on that? If so can you post an announcement when that is possible?
  31. olde one
    May 13, 2011 at 4:06pm
    I just got my very first smartphone, and was heartbroken to learn that Pandora won't work on it. *sigh* Poor Nokia E71 users. I tried some of the other internet radio stations, and they're just not good.
  32. Anthony Simpson
    June 14, 2011 at 6:05pm
    I see many posted for pandora on wii going back years. Get it together!