sonos.pngWant to fill every room in your house with Pandora? We’ve partnered with an amazing company called Sonos to make that a reality. The Sonos team has take the Pandora Everywhere Platform and implemented a truly compelling “whole home” Pandora solution.
Right on the Sonos remote, you can access all your Pandora stations. While you’re listening, see the album art and information about the artist and song. With the press of a button you can pull up the Pandora options which let me bookmark the song or artist, or to find out why the Music Genome Project selected this particular song. Of course this is Pandora, so you can also rate songs, skip and pause.
You can also make new stations right from the Sonos remote as well as edit stations definitions — which for the first time lets me create complex station definitions right from the remote.
Pandora for Sonos is available today — all existing sonos customers will get a free software upgrade. There’s a 30 day free trial and then it’s just $3/month to subscribe.

Comments

1. Lauren
    May 23, 2007 at 5:38am
    I can't blame you guys for wanting to show progress, but I feel like I (as a consumer) knowing what I know about the fight in Washington over fees that may shut you down... I need to hold off on this or the Sprint offer. Unless you think I'd be "safe" to invest at this point...
  2. Danny Espeleta
    May 23, 2007 at 9:03am
    Completely revved to see where this partnership goes. Pandora and Sonos go together like a southern black woman and A minor. Thanks for the invite to the event last night at SF MoMA. Great fans following a great idea. Glad I took part. DANNY
  3. nils
    May 23, 2007 at 10:51am
    Do you mean "while you're listening"?
  4. Brett
    May 23, 2007 at 6:34pm
    A very exciting announcement!! I've been dreaming of Pandora in my car to replace the radio. However Sprint/Nextel does not have a very good track record for service in my area. It's worth noting here that Slimdevice's Squeezebox and Transporter (see http://www.slimdevices.com/) home network music players have supported Pandora for a long time. Will the Pandora Everywhere platform affect Squeezebox access?
  5. TomK
    May 23, 2007 at 9:28pm
    Thank you for partnering with Sonos. Buying a Sonos system was the best music investment I've made in 10 years, I absolutely love it. Honestly I would never listen to Pandora or Rhapsody if I had to deal with my computer at all, but now that it is in the palm of my hand while I'm sitting on the couch, and directly playing through my stereo, it is great. I use it all the time. thanks!
  6. Miguel
    May 24, 2007 at 2:56pm
    This is the greatest radio station I have every found. Thank you so much for putting out here to use. When I get the funds to support this you can count on me. Miguel
  7. Dee
    May 25, 2007 at 11:03am
    Lately Pandora has not stopped in the middle of songs. Has anybody else had this problem; if so is there a fix? Thanks
  8. Tom Conrad
    May 25, 2007 at 6:21pm
    @brett -- the Slim Devices products (Squeezebox and Transporter) are absolutely part of the Pandora Everywhere story. See http://www.pandora.com/in-the-home for all the details. @dee -- we're not having any streaming problems right now; drop a note to pandora-support@pandora.com and we'll see if there's anything we can do to help you out. Tom CTO @ Pandora
  9. pete whitfield
    May 27, 2007 at 12:00am
    What a fantastic project. I'm in the UK and I see there are playing restrictions. I've been trying to find your full analysis for songs but I only get a short list. I would love to see these - but how could I do that? Good luck and thanks. Pete
  10. Scott Cuzzo
    June 05, 2007 at 1:48pm
    Your web site is very beautiful, unique and intuitive! Well done. Just discovered your site, and it seems like an amazing idea.
  11. Mimzy
    June 06, 2007 at 10:35am
    Yo, Danny. ". . . go together like a southern black woman and A minor." ??? What kind of crap is that?
  12. Ben
    June 11, 2007 at 1:35pm
    Suggestion: Should be able to just play those songs/artists that we've specified. Then have an on/off switch to have suggested songs/artists from Pandora play. Then we could add the ones we like and shut off the suggestions for a while. I find myself rejecting songs one after another when I just want to listen for a while to the songs I've already approved. Make sense?
  13. Ieca Hunter
    June 12, 2007 at 7:23am
    I just fould out about Pandora and I love it with a passion. I can'tget enough of my favorite type of music all day long. Thank you so much!
  14. Layla
    November 28, 2007 at 8:38am
    The key of A minor I imagine.
  15. Chris Carlysle
    February 10, 2008 at 4:07pm
    I can't say enough about Pandora - I discovered Pandora in it's infant stages and have seen it all the way through (even when we thought internet radio was going to be shut down)! I subscribed to Napster's service at least 6 years until Pandora came along... you just cant beat it! For anyone seriously considering investing in the Sonos bundle (and believe me, I know it's an investment!) go for it! We have had our system since July of 2006 and had to buy additional zoneplayers to maximize it's effectiveness for the whole home wireless effect, but found it well worth the price to do so. Two thumbs for Pandora and Sonos!
  16. sheepdog
    April 21, 2009 at 9:59pm
    I've been using Sonos for 3 years and its awesome - totally worth the price. Just discovering pandora, which looks really cool too.
  17. Dave Brown
    February 18, 2010 at 9:07pm
    Any progress on letting us access Pandora One higher quality feeds on Sonos with our subscription? It's been quite a while since you introduced Pandora One.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )