This coming Monday, I’ll be hosting a meetup on the UC Berkeley campus, just a few miles away from our offices in Oakland! Looking forward to meeting Pandora users and musicians from the East Bay, and hearing what they have to say about current trends in music. If you’re in the area, please stop by! Full details are below.
cal_logo.jpg
Details
When: Monday, December 4th, 2006 at 7:00 pm
Where: Heller Lounge, MLK Student Union Building, UC Berkeley
Hope to see you there!
Tim (Founder)

Comments

1. Ben Kettlewell
    December 02, 2006 at 12:47am
    I'd like to recommend a great Celtic music artist named Maireid Sullivan. You can check out her website here: http://www.maireid.com. Two songs from her first album Dancer were on Billboards top ten world music charts for 9 months.
  2. sgtpepper02
    December 02, 2006 at 7:33pm
    great format its about time
  3. Vitorino
    December 03, 2006 at 1:36pm
    Hello, you were featured in the Guardian today: http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1957451,00.html#article_continue Congratulations! Vitorino
  4. Demitria Monde Thraam
    December 04, 2006 at 12:34am
    Only East Bay people? You gonna turn away West Bay folk at the door? ;-) The previous comment does remind me: it would be nice if there was a Suggestion Box for our incessant adoration of extant musics and/or the shameless self promotions of our own projects. Current trends in music? You said "trends", bad, bad. It sounds...intentionally, self-consciously "trying-to-be-edgy" or something. That said, one look at my profile will show anyone I can be as pretentious as anyone if not moreso. I am quite impressed by Pandora. I actually spent an hour with it instead of working on Choronzon tracks, do you have any idea how interesting something has to be to do that? Interesting and dangerous to productivity...if one makes noise oneself, that is.
  5. jazz
    December 04, 2006 at 4:24pm
    a little tip on LA music: check out thenadare.com or myspace.com/thenadare and let me know when you come to LA!
  6. Tim
    December 04, 2006 at 9:41pm
    The Guardian article linked above by Virtono says that the Pandora is the new iTunes and I couldn't agree more. It also says that Pandora has 4 million listeners. I've said it before and I'll say it again. All your 4 million people come on over to: http://pandorastations.crispynews.com and share your stations with our growing community! Thanks.
  7. Michael
    December 04, 2006 at 11:07pm
    Tim, Thanks for a great Town Hall at UC Berkeley this evening!!! Loved hearing about Pandora's humble beginnings, current successes, and wide open future. Pandora is awesome... and thrilled to know you're local. Happy Holidays & Many Blessings, Michael
  8. Mikhail
    December 05, 2006 at 4:55am
    you are coolest project in internet now when i will be millioner i will donate half of my money :) thanks
  9. Ozreiuosn
    December 05, 2006 at 8:15am
    The get-together was great. Good to see a full room with people standing in the back. Shows the support that Pandora has. Great seeing everybody!
  10. pabform
    December 05, 2006 at 8:15am
    Hey Tim , hai, I've start on the forum of the Corriere della Sera http://www.discutere.it/musica/12318-musicoterapia.html#post519695 that matter. I've communicate you. good way!
  11. Mike N.
    December 05, 2006 at 9:51am
    Tim, et al, Had a great time last night! Hear some great ideas and feedback. Interesting to see the wide demographics of the Pandora user-base. The ws a guest last night who was interested in some way to open Pandora and her home page (the NY Times) at the same time. This is very doable in Firefox and I have set it up myself today. You can get the details here... Launch Firefox with Multiple Tabbed Homepages > http://www.searchenginejournal.com/?p=2918 < Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon! Happy Holidaze! MN
  12. Mertseger
    December 05, 2006 at 9:58am
    I've blogged last night's event at http://mertseger.blogspot.com/2006/12/pandora-town-hall-uc-berkely-dec-4-2006.html . As I mentioned last night, the old pandora-forum has died but Pandora Stations is still going strong at http://pandorastations.crispynews.com/: all are welcome to share your stations there and see what other people are listening to. For the person that was intersted in the various tools that have been inspried by Pandora, the guy who admnis Pandora Stations has rounded them up at his blog: http://pandorastations.blogspot.com/2006/10/pandora-round-up.html .
  13. Tamer Ahmed
    December 05, 2006 at 11:19am
    Hello Tom, Let me till you that I heard about your Music genome project today and since then I had been so excited about it. It is really one of the best ideas I ever heard. I'm based in Egypt but I found it a very nice idea on both the technical and musical levels. As a music fan it is very nice to have my own channel selection and getting it sorted through software is even better. Finally I want to comment about your international spreading. I lived in USA for two years and I know that it is a huge market with no other country in thw world similar to those economical gears but I must say that for sure you will need to go International as soon as possible. I think the best way to do that is to create a network of people who believe in what you do and who are welling to help to localize the idea each with his own music. In each culture you will need the same expert musicians who understand what you do and have the taste of their own music. Finally you can consider me a great fan for your idea and someone who is welling to help when you decide to go for the arabic music which is by the way a very enriched music heared by about 400 Millions in the arab world and more than 50 Millions outside it.
  14. Ylva
    December 05, 2006 at 4:00pm
    What a great site! I'm chocked - and stonned - after all good tips and great music that I've been listening to. Keep up your wonderful work - you'll make a great difference! All my love, Ylva
  15. pabform
    December 05, 2006 at 5:12pm
    Hay Tim, how's gone here?
  16. Tim
    December 05, 2006 at 7:54pm
    Mertseger, Thank for posting the links to my blog and Pandora Stations sharing site. Tim (not founder)
  17. Gyami
    December 05, 2006 at 8:42pm
    Hi Tim, I missed the Berkeley gathering. Anyway, just wanted to express my gratitude to you for founding this project. I've been recommending it to everyone who still doesn't know about it. I hope you can also expand your international reach, in terms of both listeners and music included. Let listeners like us know, if you need our help. Gami
  18. REGINALD CANNADY
    December 06, 2006 at 11:10am
    JULIE WAS LISTING TO YOUR HIP HOP STATION THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY COOL, HOLLA BACK
  19. Bennie Henderson
    December 11, 2006 at 12:00pm
    I'm a new listner to the pandora family. What a great idea to come up with your own radiio listening station. I want to know how can I get my wife's CD on the Pandora station. Her name is Debra Henderson, she's with the Alpha & Ministries label. This is her second release and is expected to do well in the Gospel arena. Thanks for your promp respond.
  20. Bennie Henderson
    December 11, 2006 at 12:10pm
  21. Bennie Henderson
    December 11, 2006 at 12:11pm
  22. Bill Nathan
    December 15, 2006 at 10:49am
    Obviously missed this, Tim, but it would have been a great opportunity to meet you and the Pandora crew. You can see on my profile I was a KALX DJ. Hope you had a great meetup and that we can hook up some time. I'm in Chico now, but come down to Berkeley often (the City is a client of mine). P.S. trying to hook you and my pal Bill Fishkin up. He's founder/publisher of Synthesis.net, Synthesisradio.net and Synthesismagazine.net, here in Chico. Biggest subscriber base of any web music magazine in the country (about 350,000 subscribers now). Cross-breeding might be mutually beneficial. Let me know if this interests you. Have happy hols!
  23. JOHN PEACOCK
    January 03, 2007 at 2:05pm
    This really is the future of radio. Combined with the ability to access vertually and song, links to buy albums and mechandise, and advertising, there wouldn't be a station in the world that could compete.